Race Driver: Grid

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Race Driver: Grid

Post by powerof1000 »

Who else uses a 360 controller for windows with this? And I have to say this game actually isn't that hard if you're a pro like me...D;
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Is there split screen racing in GRID? I can't seem to find it...
oh snap
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Nope. Lame eh?
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Strange...I can't find it in Midnight Club Los Angeles either...
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:Strange...I can't find it in Midnight Club Los Angeles either...
I hope you're joking! Lets riot! This sucks.... so to play a friend... I can't invite them over... no, we have to go play over the internet, where we can't talk properly and can't really pay each other out. It's just a lame atmosphere by comparison. GT5 FTW.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Apart from the fact GT5:P is 2-player only....
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

hmmm, I was expecting Koenigsegg to be defending GT5 by now, but anyway...

2 player is better than only 1 player! And MC:LA doesn't have it either? THIS IS BULL!!!!!!!

Does anybopdy know if the new NFS will have it? If it doesn't, i WILL be sueing them ...
oh snap
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:Apart from the fact GT5:P is 2-player only....
GT5: P has proper single player events, split screen, and online supporting up to 16 people. I think LAN will e a feature on the full game as it has been on previous GTs.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Pfft, no it hasn't. In order to play LAN on GT3/4, you have to have multiple TVs and multiple PS2/3s.... Trust me I tried it, it took us two hours to set up a LAN race between me and a couple friends. Oh and Striker, the reason why I'm not defending GT5:P in this case is because I believe GT is meant to be a 1-player only game.
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:I believe GT is meant to be a 1-player only game.
Ha, good one... I've never had more fun in a split screen mode than in GT5:P. I haven't played online yet (damn 20GB PS3 with no built-in WiFi), but I imagine that is incredibly fun as well.

Also, I hate playing racing games that are over 2 players on one screen. A quarter of a TV screen is hardly enough to race on. 2 player split screen is perfect.

If you have more than 2 players, loser has to pass the controller. That's how we play, and it's fun as heck. Gives you the motivation to really try and win so you can play again. Makes for some good competition.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

Zero260 wrote:
Ha, good one... I've never had more fun in a split screen mode than in GT5:P. I haven't played online yet (damn 20GB PS3 with no built-in WiFi), but I imagine that is incredibly fun as well.

Also, I hate playing racing games that are over 2 players on one screen. A quarter of a TV screen is hardly enough to race on. 2 player split screen is perfect.

If you have more than 2 players, loser has to pass the controller. That's how we play, and it's fun as heck. Gives you the motivation to really try and win so you can play again. Makes for some good competition.
yeah thats what me and my cousins do when they come over my house
Instagram @SupraHKS
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Zero260 wrote:

Unless it's a quarter of a 52" plasma... which in my case is about 67cm per player... and that's a decent size for single player. Bigger than some PC monitors. And we sit on bean bags close to the TV... or you could have a wall and projector like my friend.

@KR: If you mean you think it's one player only... I have GT Prologue and it's 2 player.
If you mean it should be one player only, that's starting to get on my nerves, because it's quite annoying when you can play someone on the other end of the world, but not the guys sitting next to you. What happened to the good old days of SNES, N64, PS1 and PS2 where most games had some form of splitscreen, and it was always a blast?
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Ok, here are my 3 (fairly major) problems with GRID

1) No splitscreen

2) No exterior customization (besides preset paint schemes)

3) No modding cars

I mean, what's so good about GRID besides the graphics? It doesn't have that many cars, there's no splitscreen, you can't do anything to the cars. In fact, the only special thing about GRID is that there are tonnes of race types...
oh snap
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

The great thing about GRID is the way the cars handle. It's not too full on like GTR2, and its not wooden like ProStreet, it's just right.
Well not all the cars are good, but the R34 and Lacetti are enough to keep me playing the game over and over.

For a while . . .
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Yeah, GRID is a brilliant game with intense action, good AI that aren't on a path... Only problem is that I can't enjoy it with friends.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

baumaxx1 wrote:
Zero260 wrote:

Unless it's a quarter of a 52" plasma... which in my case is about 67cm per player... and that's a decent size for single player. Bigger than some PC monitors. And we sit on bean bags close to the TV... or you could have a wall and projector like my friend.

@KR: If you mean you think it's one player only... I have GT Prologue and it's 2 player.
If you mean it should be one player only, that's starting to get on my nerves, because it's quite annoying when you can play someone on the other end of the world, but not the guys sitting next to you. What happened to the good old days of SNES, N64, PS1 and PS2 where most games had some form of splitscreen, and it was always a blast?
OK, first Z260: Yes, split-screen multi-player is fun. I never said it wasn't. I have simply only played the GT's as one-player games because my friends (no offense to them) can't get close to me, because they aren't sim types. And GT5:P's online is good, but they still haven't fixed the deadly "swerving cars". I still can't tell whether they're lagging or fighting dirty...

OK bm1: No I didn't think that, it IS 2-player and I know that, but exactly as I said before, I've played GT games as only 1-player because my friends couldn't be bothered trying to beat me. And I'm not saying it SHOULDN'T be split-screen either.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Deadly swerving is fixed I think... They've set it to disable penalties when the connection gets bad.

And About the friends not being good... give them a head start and you futher back, you do no driving aids, give them all the help they want... adjust the tyres to suit... same cars and it should be fairly close matched if they're decant, and explain how it tells you the breaking points and all.

BTW... does GT5 have ABS brakes? I suspect not.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Yes it does. I normally set it to 5 on my GTR and it's pwnage.
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

I'm thinking about getting this game because I haven't had a racing game in a long time.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:Yes it does. I normally set it to 5 on my GTR and it's pwnage.
Threshold braking FTW... I have no aids :D

And Yeah, if you have online look into GT5; it's good, has split-screen and is your typical GT gameplay, but quite challenging at times as you now don't have that power advantage with tuned cars... however, if you can hold out for the full title, get GRID in the mean time... it's just as fun if not more so than prologue, and is online and has a wide variety of race modes. Just no split screen.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

We've once again wondered into the infinite depths of Gran Turismo...

Anyway, is there any other Xbox360 games that are similar to GRID, but more customization, and prefferably split-screen racing? Forza?

And I get what you were saying about the physics, it's like a sim with less boundaries...
oh snap
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Striker94 wrote:We've once again wondered into the infinite depths of Gran Turismo...

Anyway, is there any other Xbox360 games that are similar to GRID, but more customization, and prefferably split-screen racing? Forza?

And I get what you were saying about the physics, it's like a sim with less boundaries...
Forza 2 is good. And customisation is quite thorough.Vinyl system was impressive, and the body, rims and performance is realistic. Also has detailed telemetry and car settings. Just wish my friend was into it more... I'd like to play it at his place more, but he doesn't.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Project Gotham Racing 4 is actually more in terms with GRID. Forza has more realistic physics.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:Project Gotham Racing 4 is actually more in terms with GRID. Forza has more realistic physics.
PGR is meh to me though.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

I've played PGR 1,2,3 before, but haven't owned one yet. I thought that they weren't really exciting, but the physics and graphics weren't bad. Yep, I was considering Forza 2, but isn't a bit old now? Any news on a new Forza?
oh snap

Return to “The Games”