GT5: Prologue

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Re: GT5: Prologue

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I have Prologue!!

Oh, and I'd rather be able to READ what I'm actually buying into rather than having lots of little Japanese characters staring me in the face. So thanks, but no thanks for the update. But I have one question: Where's all the GTTV stuff? Because all I'm seeing is the intro movie.

And Striker, I didn't go to the MMS, you know, fractured knee, hospital and all that junk, but I MIGHT be going to the AMS again this year, and I certainly hope to see the Evo X.

Oh, and for a measly AU$60? Get it if you have a PS3. If you don't, there's a handy PS3 and Prologue pack. And don't wait for the full game, it almost definitely won't be coming till '09.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Also, to further clarify, GT5 is still about a year away. You should just decide now to buy it, enjoy it, go online and race against anyone and everyone, rank number one worldwide, get the girl (or guy) and become the most popular kid in town. The end.
Source: PS US Blog. (scroll down a little bit)
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote: But I have one question: Where's all the GTTV stuff? Because all I'm seeing is the intro movie.
All videos (Except the opening/closing movies of GT:P), from what I’ve seen, need to be downloaded. I Don’t have a good internet connection at the moment (the internet company hasn’t bothered fixing it for the past 2 weeks), but I’m hoping to see some High Definition Top Gear flicks in there as well.

I also plugged in the HD cable into the back of the playstation last night… and MY GOD 0_0. I couldn’t believe the quality of the image... amazing stuff! 8)
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Are they on the Store though? It hasn't been updated since I looked earlier today.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

you know, i might wanna create a poll of what consoles each person has-what froum would that be in-games?
oh snap
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Yes it would be games, but do a forum search just in case it's been done before. No point repeating topics.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

To be honest, I’m a little worried about the whole damage update. I’m imagining (like most other racing games) that it won’t be very realistic. When I say realistic, I’m talking about totally reducing a supercar to a piece of scrap metal after a 300km/h impact with a barrier. That’s the type of damage I would expect from a driving simulator, and I doubt that’s what we’ll get. If the damage is completely lame like Forza, then forget it.

Anyway… it should be interesting. I almost forgot that Polyphony are perfectionists :)
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

jacoja06 wrote:To be honest, I’m a little worried about the whole damage update. I’m imagining (like most other racing games) that it won’t be very realistic. When I say realistic, I’m talking about totally reducing a supercar to a piece of scrap metal after a 300km/h impact with a barrier. That’s the type of damage I would expect from a driving simulator, and I doubt that’s what we’ll get. If the damage is completely lame like Forza, then forget it.

Anyway… it should be interesting. I almost forgot that Polyphony are perfectionists :)
I remember that in a video interview, a GT producer said "When we do damage, we will do it right". :)

and yeah, they are perfectionists. 8)

EDIT:
VideoGamer.Com: Is this going to be a trial for the damage we'll see in the final Gran Turismo 5 or the full thing?

KY: We're not really planning for a trial or test version, we're going at it full speed. We'll see what happens.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Ahh, yes. I do remember that quote :)

I'd hate to think they're creating a damage model sooner then planned, because of the high demand. Just don't rush it PD... whatever you do, don't rush it!
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

I dont know, for me it seems that they've been developing it for a long long time now, it seems like its almost ready and they dont wanna wait for the full GT5 game to show it., they wanna show it asap.

Hopefully i am right. :)
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Traded over half my PS2 games to get Prologue... And it was well worth it. The game is amazing. I won't normally use the interior view in most racing games that have it, but this one is just awesome and it's pretty much all I use. And a Mars Volta remix in the game... =P~ I'm in heaven.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

And the GTTV content is starting to trickle in as well with the Evo and GTR first impressions. But... after a year and a bit of ownage, my PS3's starting to pack it in, which is quite sad. This is the console that is still playable in extreme conditions and now mine can't read an discs whatsoever in a normal environment...
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by speed_man »

Got the game couple days ago, and i just love it :D
death reaper
Ricer
Ricer

Post by death reaper »

Like you said they are polygons and by the sounds of it they will get perfect damage like it rtook tehm 90 days just to create 1 car in this game imagine how much they could conquor in 2 years i believe that yes you probably could reduce a supercar to scrap =D> [-o<

The only thing that will be bad about this is that if you go out and buy an awsome car and you might be a shiznit driver if you hit 1 barrier or 1 wall you just wasted that money/credits But on the other hand that would be awsome =D>
[img]C:\Users\Kempsey%20Betta\Pictures\Koenigsegg-CCX-2007%20-%20Copy.jpg[/img]
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

It’ll be interesting to see what PD will do to repair costs in the game (mainly in the full GT5). What would happen if you totalled your first <10,000cr car? You’d have no money to do anything, unless they use a repair system similar to prostreet (or any other ‘free repair’ system which I don’t know about). I’ve forgotten how past games with repair costs, such as NFS:HS did this.

Also, if you live in Europe, and own GT5:P… you might want to enter this. (Bastards! :P )

http://www.gtplanet.net/gt-academy-comp ... /#more-133
The ultimate competitive driving test began today as pan-European competition GT Academy went live in PLAYSTATION®3 title Gran Turismo 5 Prologue™. The competition will see entrants compete for a place in a real-life racing academy at the UK’s Silverstone track. Created by PlayStation and Nissan, GT Academy is designed to unite the worlds of virtual and real-life racing and make the dreams of aspiring race drivers a reality.The competition is open to residents of the UK & Ireland, France, Italy, Germany & Austria, Spain, Netherlands, Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden. To enter, PS3 owners must register their PLAYSTATION®Network sign-in ID on www.gtacademy.eu. The next time they play Gran Turismo 5 Prologue online on PSN, they will be able to race in the GT Academy Time Trial where they will compete to be the fastest around the Eiger Nordwand track in a Nissan Fairlady Z Version S ‘07. Players can continue trying to improve their fastest time until the competition closes on July 18, 2008.Following the close of this phase of the competition, the fastest 20 drivers in each country will be invited to a national final to compete head-to-head on Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. The fastest three drivers from each national final will then travel to Silverstone, the home of British motor racing, to take part in the GT Academy - a real-life driving competition on the Silverstone track itself. Competitors will not only have to prove their driving skills in a real-life Nissan GT-R but will also have their mental and physical skills assessed in a series of tests. The two fastest drivers from Silverstone then have the chance to enter a four-month training programme to earn their racing licenses and take part in a real life race, driving a fully race-prepared Nissan 350Z at the 24 Hour endurance event in Dubai in January 2009.Speaking at the Nurburgring 24H race last weekend, Kazunori Yamauchi, Head of Polyphony Digital producers of Gran Turismo said: “This is a very exciting day for Gran Turismo. The Gran Turismo story started 10 years ago with the ambition to make a racing game that gives players the ultimate driving simulation experience. The GT Academy is the ultimate realisation of this ambition, taking the Gran Turismo experience to the next level.For full terms and conditions and more information about GT Academy visit www.gtacademy.eu.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I heard about that, and it sucks, because what if a certain 16 year-old would like to win the prize? Driving a frickin GTR race-car! That would be SOOOO awesome! Damn competition and it not happening two years later when I get my full license....
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Lol... can I get my race license on my Ps?
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

There isn't any real age restrictions for racing... is there? The age limitations are only for road use. There are 16 year-olds with race licences (I'm quite sure)... but you'll need to be living in Europe, Koenigsegg_Rox. :(
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Yeah, a friend had his CAMS befor he could drive because he was a go-karter
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Maybe here there is no mention of a minimum age but I have the feeling it will be 18+ because in most coutries in europe it is the minimum age to have a drivers license, and I know you don't need to have a license to be able to race on a track, but do you think you even get a chance to win against people who have a license for lets say a few years if you don't even know how to really drive a car (never driven a real car because your not the legal age) and I people who already have raced before and most likely because of that have their license need a race training do they?
Like said you need need your drivers license to get a racing license, but you need race training to get on the track and to go on the track alone you need a racing license.
The only times you don't need a racing license is on open race days, but then you need to have a driving license again.....

About the damage system.

I think the most likely system is that of Forza Motorsport, you loose money you win from racing (aka a percentage of your winnings)
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Yes, once again old topic, but new info. GT5 Prologue has undergone a massive update to the GTTV content, including Top Gear, D1 drifting and the like. It's a pay-per-view service; for the first two weeks its US$0.99 per video, afterwards iits US$1.99.

Also, just announced is this little nugget:
http://www.autogamingcentral.com/ps3/42 ... tus-evora/

Yes, the Lotus Evora, check New/Prototype/Concept Cars topic for details on the car itself, but it, along with the also unreleased-in-the-real-world Fezza California are, or are going to be at least, included as updates into GT5:P.

Thats all for the moment :D
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Hm, I had the idea that all the GTTV content was going to be free for some reason...

That's awesome about the Evora though! :D
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

pay per view? beh! I get that for free on SBS.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Ok after looking at the GTTV, this is the full list of "channels"

Gran Turismo:
Like the First Impressions and Inside Story vids, this is basically Kaz Yamauchi testing new stuff like cars, or steering wheels. Latest vid is "All About Ferrari", self-explanatory.

OPTION:
To be honest I have NO idea what this is about, only vid is a "hot-lap around Tsukuba".

Super GT:
Basic overview and highlights of the JGTC/Super GT.

Top Gear:
At the moment there's eps 1,2,4 and 5 of Season 6.

D1 Grand Prix:
A "best-of" of the 2008 Ebisu round is up for the moment

Best MOTORing:
August issue; major testing of the R35 GT-R, aerodynamic comparisons of S2000 bodykits and Integra DC5 Type-R bodykits.

Quite frankly I agree with baumaxx don't see the point of a pay-per-view service when you can get it for free elsewhere :roll: however the extra cars are a nice addition.

Return to “The Games”