GT5: Prologue

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: GT5: Prologue

Post by Skyline_man »

I'm gonna buy this game real soon, since the full GT5 wont be coming till 2010.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Good to hear^

Also, we need to organize an online race for nfsunlimited members, since PAL and NTSC can now play eachother.
We just need to pick a time, and an event, then click 'start race' at the same time. :)

Edit: Oh yeah, my PSN is in my signature ;)
Last edited by jacoja06 on 12 Aug 2008, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

sweet I'm in for that, my PSN ID is Murcie_LP640 if its going ahead.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

I got the game about a week ago, finished all of the races except the Ferrari F40 one since i havent bought it yet.

That S-10 event is hard btw, i only managed to get 3rd with the Mine's Skyline R34 GT-R, the first 2 cars are way ahead. :|
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Look what I found on Tanner Foust's car:

Image Image

:D
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Wha? Is real GT5 actually coming out 2010?
It'll probably be delayed further to keep it fresh though with new features.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Double... but no 1 would see it otherwise. My update keeps failing... any1 else have trouble? I hope it fixes the penalties though, because I had an AI break too late, run me off the track, I got done for ramming, then I got done for a shortcut getting back on the track and then he ran into me again getting back on and I got done for ramming. >_<
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

GT5: Prologue Spec III is out, and the cars promised to be added, have been added:

Lotus Evora/Project Eagle - 100,000 cr., 276bhp @ -----rpm, ---- Kw/Nm @ -----rpm, ----kg
Citroen "GT by Citroen" - 1,000,000cr., 778bhp @ ----rpm, -----Kw/Nm @ ------rpm, -----kg
Ferrari California - 300,000cr., can't remember specs sorry :P

Also some extra things:

- You now earn some extra cash in ALL races
- If you bump a wall in time trial instead of speed limiting, it invalidates your current lap. Too many bumps and it invalidates your NEXT lap as well, as I found out when I was trying to drift my GTR outside Drift Trial :wink:
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:GT5: Prologue Spec III is out, and the cars promised to be added, have been added:

Lotus Evora/Project Eagle - 100,000 cr., 276bhp @ -----rpm, ---- Kw/Nm @ -----rpm, ----kg
Citroen "GT by Citroen" - 1,000,000cr., 778bhp @ ----rpm, -----Kw/Nm @ ------rpm, -----kg
Ferrari California - 300,000cr., can't remember specs sorry :P

Also some extra things:

- You now earn some extra cash in ALL races
- If you bump a wall in time trial instead of speed limiting, it invalidates your current lap. Too many bumps and it invalidates your NEXT lap as well, as I found out when I was trying to drift my GTR outside Drift Trial :wink:
Free download? I have to get my GT update working. Keeps failing for me.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

yeah completely free no strings attached. The GT Concept by Citroen looks absolutely stunning in 1080p too :shock:
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:yeah completely free no strings attached. The GT Concept by Citroen looks absolutely stunning in 1080p too :shock:
It also sounds like a jet, and its a one gear car. 8)
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:yeah completely free no strings attached. The GT Concept by Citroen looks absolutely stunning in 1080p too :shock:
Meh, my screen only does 1080i... the Full hi def pioneer was about $11,000 when we got it... but I've seen worse picture on cheaper 1080p TVs than ours.
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Whoa! Where have I been? The Citroen GT Concept is downloadable in Prologue?! =P~

I need to get my roommate's PS3 online ASAP.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Yep, sure is. I haven't bought it yet sadly though, not enough cash.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

The Citroen GT Concept is a great car to drive. Bloody fast on main straights, and the interior looks as though it's made from kryptonite. Downside is, it only has one gear (Drive). Oh, and it's impossible to use online, because you have to de-tune it so much to fit the PP limit, it's impossible to navigate around corners :lol:. At least it makes other people think 'wtf?.. Why is he driving that?'.

A quick-tuned Ferrari California is even more fun to drive then the Citroen. It has 7 gears, its quick, and it's very nimble around corners. Not as good looking at teh GT though.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Well since I got my Driving Force GT I can't stop playing this game. I just need to earn enough for an F430 and I'll be right for the rest of the A-class races :lol:
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

R35 GTR Pwns.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Yeah actually I totally agree, the R35 absolutely kicks ass. super-fast shifts, insane acceleration, and it's actually the only car I've driven on GT5:P which actually handles BETTER with TCS and ASM off... 50:50 4WD helps too 8)
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Hey, the quick tune thingo... hopefully that will help me with the capuccino race, because you can't d o1m 39s stock.

And the Corvette was a disappointment... the wheels spin and it oversteers at the top of 3rd and 4th gear going straight.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I'm still not quick enough to get gold on ANY of the time trials. The best I managed was a second under silver-time in the M3 on Eiger Nordwand. Also, new favourite car = Ford GT. Can't wait to get the LM Test Car version in black 8) oh and I got my F430 now, THANK YOU Poly Digital for increasing the prize money for all the races....

EDIT: Scratch the GT, I love the Elise 111R Tuned, or at least quick-tuned to the point of insanity...as it stands mine has 250kW and weighs just under 550kg...I've also geared it for a top speed of about 320kmph, and my god is it freaking nimble after that setup! I can go flat-out, 300kmph+ around the whole Daytona oval, without going anywhere near the wall...
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

baumaxx1 wrote:Hey, the quick tune thingo... hopefully that will help me with the capuccino race, because you can't d o1m 39s stock.
Switch to manual transmission and short shift into fifth gear. In auto, you'll never shift to fifth. :wink: Took me one try once I figured it out.

There are only a few races I haven't gotten gold in. The M3 time trial and Acura RSX Speed Ring race are two that come to mind... I still haven't finished 1st in the F40 race without taking massive shortcuts. :mrgreen: Got 2nd quite a few times, though. Enough times to earn 2,000,000 credits. :lol:

@ Koenigsegg_Rox: How can you like the Ford GT?! That car is terrible... Yet to purchase the LM Test Car, though. I will agree that the tuned Elise 111R is one of the funnest cars to drive. I'll drive the crap out of that car, and I still feel like I can get more out of it.

Still need to get the PS3 online. :x
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Zero260 wrote:
baumaxx1 wrote:Hey, the quick tune thingo... hopefully that will help me with the capuccino race, because you can't d o1m 39s stock.
Switch to manual transmission and short shift into fifth gear. In auto, you'll never shift to fifth. :wink: Took me one try once I figured it out.
Hmm... so into 5th? Yeah, I'm a GT purist, so been doing manual no driving aids from day 1. So 5th gear... I've gotten it up to 170 before
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Zero260 wrote:@ Koenigsegg_Rox: How can you like the Ford GT?! That car is terrible... Yet to purchase the LM Test Car, though. I will agree that the tuned Elise 111R is one of the funnest cars to drive. I'll drive the crap out of that car, and I still feel like I can get more out of it.

Still need to get the PS3 online. :x
I love the Ford GT cause it beats the s*** out of all the S-class cars...it's actually easier to drive (i.e. I can drive it faster) when you have to drop the P.P....kinda sad but anyway.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Woooooooooooooooooot! GT5 Prologue updated without cutting out finally!

It's cool 8)

It's ok, but I'm versing all these noobs because I haven't finished A class in single player >_< (Suzuka Circuit GT all starts... I always blow it somewhere and screw it all up. Manage to get myself in 5th by the second lap, then overtake the R8 by the tight hairpin, and reach the fazza by lap 3, but then somehow blow it because I put too much power on a ripple strip or on the hairpin where there's the turn and braking point my rear steps out >_<) Yeah, I can put my driving aids on, but I'm faster without them... just have to work on not screwing up.

Online though, I can't pick pro driving physics because I can only do beginner... makes it handle less realistically than NFS.

Pro FTW! Hope I get it soon, and make it even worse when I blow those noobs away with no driving aids, them in their autopilot Ford GTs and still messing up. (Overtake on straight of Fuji, I threshold brake at the last moment, they spear right off, I make the bend and win... 14 sec margin by the end... and I screwed up a few times, lol, including when I got up and went to sit on the other sofa because I was watching GT Tv before and needed the snack table.)
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Some great news a few days ago from the GTPlanet news section :D. Finally a REAL fan got the chance to interview Kazunori, and asked the questions which everyone has always wanted to ask:

http://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauc ... view-ever/

Full interview:
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111878

I'll quote a section from the post.
The Nürburgring Nordschleife will NOT be made available until the full release of Gran Turismo 5.
Kazunori laughed at the notion of a 2010 release date for Gran Turismo 5, and said it will be released sooner than expected.
Polyphony Digital does use online forums and reviews (like GTPlanet) to gather player feedback and impressions of the games.
Private online races are coming, but it may not be until the full game is released.
Yamauchi confirmed the existence of the “rubber band effect”, and elaborated a bit on its implementation. For example, this performance boost consists of a slight increase in power and grip and is applied when the driver is more than 2 seconds behind the race leader. As you might expect, he cited more competitive online races as justification for the “feature”, which can and is turned off in some events.
While discussing the rubber band effect, Yamauchi mentioned that it will obviously not be enabled for online races which feature qualifying laps, nearly confirming this feature sometime in the future.
Porsche (that’s right… Porsche) have stated that they do not have a problem with their cars being damaged in the game. Ferrari, however, are being more stubborn and could be a source of delay in damage implementation. Of course, that isn’t consistent with Forza or Ferrari Challenge, which has shown damage on the Italian cars for some time now.
8)

Return to “The Games”