Battlefield 2 SP Help -- Can't Add More Bots

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
Sweet-16
Drift King
Drift King

Battlefield 2 SP Help -- Can't Add More Bots

Post by Sweet-16 »

I recently bought a brand new PC, so you already know where this is going. It has Vista on it and I've been waiting for a chance to obtain a copy of XP professional. Anyways, in the title I state that I can't put in additional bots using a simple procedure of editing the AIDefault.con file. No matter what the number is it stays at 16 bots. I haven't found a solution yet, even after weeks of searching at various other sites.

Just in case, and before anyone asks, here are my system specs:

Processor - AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 5200+ (2.6 GHz per core)
RAM - 3072 MB (3 Gigs)
Graphics - Sparkle nVidia GeForce 8500 GT 1024 MB
Sound - Realtek High Def Audio

If you need more info, just ask. I'll try to answer them the best as I can.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Battlefield 2 SP Help -- Can't Add More Bots

Post by Jopuma »

Single Player BF2 can never have the number of bots changed. Here's how you remedy that.

Go to Multiplayer and click on Create Game or something. Set the options to Co-Op and then adjust the number of bots and their difficulty. Then you can play with more bots than 16.
Sweet-16
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Battlefield 2 SP Help -- Can't Add More Bots

Post by Sweet-16 »

Well, before I upgraded my PC, I had an eMachines T3025. You may have seen some of my tech help topics I created on here for that p.o.s. Anyways, when I had that tower, it had Windows XP Home on it and I could edit the AIDefault.con with notepad and add/subtract bots as I wanted. Now, with Vista, it seems impossible. I know it can be done, but I was wondering if there is a work-around. Same goes for COOP, I've tried your suggestion before posting this. I get no more than 16 bots.

Return to “The Games”