What console do you have?

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.

What console do you have?

Xbox
2%
Xbox360
24%
Wii
5%
PS2
10%
PS3
19%
PC
41%
None
No votes

Total votes: 59

Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: What console do you have?

Post by Jopuma »

BrontoX wrote:
S2000_Skyline12 wrote:I never heard of Racing games or GTA on PC being much better on keyboard than gamepad lol

They all have they're strong and weak points. No need to start a little war over it.
Did you read what i quoted? He states a PC is not good for gaming, now that's a first and nothing beats the mouse, not even a quality Gamepad.

I am not saying Consoles suck, i am just saying that he doesn't know what he is talking about.
When it comes to racing games a mouse sucks like no other. You need a joystick for racing games on a computer, but a mouse and keyboard is total FTW pwnage on FPS games such as the super intense BF2 and the even more intense BF2142.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

I personally think a keyboard works fine for racing games - heck, I've played TDU, Juiced (original), and every NFS game, with the keyboard and done fine; I've also done relatively fine in Sports Car GT... but I was terrible at that game with even a wheel, let alone a keyboard, and with a wheel and keyboard I did equally well. I also have tried GTR2 but that falls into the same category as Sports Car GT; I just mess up too often to keep a good line and not crash or wipe out or anything, but at least I can make it around the course a few times without messing up, and with almost all of the assists off (including steering help; but I play in "novice", if that makes a direct effect on anything besides allowing all assists).

But yes, attempting to use a mouse for racing games in any other way than through controlling menus and the like is terrible - a mouse just doesn't work.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

BrontoX wrote:
Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:And since when are they good for gaming? Too confusing for me...

I'd rather just stick with the simple, yet just as good PS3.
Ok, you have no idea what you are talking about do you? You think that PCs mean Pentium 2 CPUs with 3dfx Voodoo? No seriously, that is the stupidest remark i ever saw, PCs are better for gaming than consoles because it has a keyboard, a mouse (which is making the PC gaming much better than a gamepad) and you can transfer files and back up the files too.
Sure, consoles you don't have to upgrade them but they are not as good as PC gaming experience.
Yes I do actually, and transferring files means nothing in the way I play my games. I'm purely and simply used to the SIXAXIS. The only games that I remotely like using on the PC are Halo and Outlaws. Halo only because I don't have an Xbox and never will because it goes against my religion :wink: and Outlaws because the mouse is the only thing that it can be used with. Quite frankly any racing game on PC is inevitably not as fun as racing games on a console, UNLESS you have, like Jop said, a joystick or steering wheel, which WILL set you back quite a bit for a quality steering wheel. The keyboard is too slow to respond to me, and while I do like the odd bout of Motocross Madness or NFS II, the former is crap with a keyboard and the latter needs a steering wheel. It just does. Meanwhile, back on the PS3, it's much easier to kick everybody's @$$ because it has two thumbsticks built in... And the PS3 costs considerably less than a PC for what it does. And you need to be an IT Technician to get a good LAN party set up on PC, you just need a few extra controllers on PS3. IMO: grow up. It's just opinion. I play games differently, and a PC isn't for me.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

All that wasn't needed. I think all he was trying to say was don't put it down on gaming abilities. A PS3 can play games, so can a PC. And you make a PS3 sound "OMGUBERAWESOME!!1!!!!", the only games it has worthwhile are GT and DMC. PS2 has more games than it does, 360 does, and I think even the Wii is near or has more. Stop hyping the PS3 up. PS3 has it's weak and strong, PC has it's weak and strong, don't turn this into an arguement.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

S2000_Skyline12 wrote:All that wasn't needed. I think all he was trying to say was don't put it down on gaming abilities. A PS3 can play games, so can a PC. And you make a PS3 sound "OMGUBERAWESOME!!1!!!!", the only games it has worthwhile are GT and DMC. PS2 has more games than it does, 360 does, and I think even the Wii is near or has more. Stop hyping the PS3 up. PS3 has it's weak and strong, PC has it's weak and strong, don't turn this into an arguement.
No, PS3 is "OMGUBERAWESOME" (which is an absolutely stupid word by the way) to me. I'm not trying to start an argument, I just think that in my opinion, I don't like the PC. Everybody else can say the PS3 is crap for all I care. I like it, that's my opinion. So overall, I'm going to get back on topic.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

okay...another fanboy here, obviously a PS3 fanboy this time. :roll:

About the controls, i never believed that it would be easier to play a racing game with a gamepad untill i played NFS Carbon & ProStreet on my PS3, since i played both on my PC with a keyboard, a gamepad is much easier, especially in taking turns, since you can control your turning angle which you cant do with a keyboard.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Skyline_man wrote:okay...another fanboy here, obviously a PS3 fanboy this time. :roll:
Are you talking about me or you?
Skyline_man wrote:About the controls, i never believed that it would be easier to play a racing game with a gamepad untill i played NFS Carbon & ProStreet on my PS3, since i played both on my PC with a keyboard, a gamepad is much easier, especially in taking turns, since you can control your turning angle which you cant do with a keyboard.
I agree with you there.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:
Skyline_man wrote:okay...another fanboy here, obviously a PS3 fanboy this time. :roll:
Are you talking about me or you?
You, since you keep arguing about the PS3 and how it is "OMGUBERAWESOME".

Just play games the way you like, dont be a fanboy.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I didn't coin that term first, blame S2K...

And just because I say it's the best doesn't mean you have to believe me... but you already knew that didn't you?

I do like other consoles, PCs are bloody great fun online with FPSs, the Wii might have a crappy name and might be a PS2 on steroids but that's frickin fun as well. As you may tell, I'm not a 360 fan though. Probably because I haven't actually played a decent game on it, but mostly because I'm sick of all the X360 fanboys at my school... really irritating...
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Why only one option?

I have a:
-Super Nintendo
-Game Boy Colour
-2004 vintage PC... Crysis spec to give you an idea of the cost, lol.
-PS2
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Come on guys!

I actually agree with S2000 on this one, but maybe that's because I haven't got a PS3...

The point of this topic was not to start a flame-war about goddamn PS3s!!! The whole point was to just say which console you had/which one you liked the best. WHAT DOES IT MATTER IF SOMEBODY THINKS PS3 IS BETTER? SO WHAT?

Oh, why hasn't anybody mentioned Xbox 360??? Is it really that unpopular??? (not including koenigsegg's school)

@Baumaxx-2004=Vintage these days? Or was it sarcasm?

@S2000-WTF! That 'word' is officially the crappest most shiznit piece of shiznit I have ever read!

As for me, I like using a mouse/touchpad over a controller, but for driving games a analog controller rules
oh snap
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I hate to say I told you so...

Even though I was involved.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Striker94 wrote:Come on guys!

I actually agree with S2000 on this one, but maybe that's because I haven't got a PS3...

The point of this topic was not to start a flame-war about goddamn PS3s!!! The whole point was to just say which console you had/which one you liked the best. WHAT DOES IT MATTER IF SOMEBODY THINKS PS3 IS BETTER? SO WHAT?

Oh, why hasn't anybody mentioned Xbox 360??? Is it really that unpopular??? (not including koenigsegg's school)

@S2000-WTF! That 'word' is officially the crappest most shiznit piece of shiznit I have ever read!

As for me, I like using a mouse/touchpad over a controller, but for driving games a analog controller rules

Uh, who was talking to you? I said what I had to say and that was it. And if you were smart, you'd know, that isn't a "word", it's a term.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote: And just because I say it's the best doesn't mean you have to believe me... but you already knew that didn't you?
It's all about the way you say it, you are implying that the PS3 is the best thing since sliced bread.
What you SHOULD say is that:

In my opinion it's the best thing ever made for gaming.
It's something completely diffirent from: It's the best thing.

I personally am a 360 gamer, I always was a PC gamer and did not want to change to a console because IMO it was a inferior system and the games where to expensive.
Untill I borrowed someones Xbox with HDD and some extra stuff, and I was like.. hmm this is nice.

When I renewed my phoneservice I got a PS2 with it, but I found it to be rather annoying and it lacked gfx compared to the Xbox and the PC and I had to use memorycards wich I hate, I don't want to spend 25 euro orso on a bloody card just to save a some savegames. and get more cards to save more savegames.
So I soon sold the PS2 and got myself a 360 wich just came out around that time.
And I was really impressed by it first game I played on it was NFS MW and it was stunning, way better then on the PC and I couldn't even compare it with the PS2 at a friends place.
I loved the fact that it had a HDD and for a while now have it setup on the wireless network wich works great, also love the wireless controlers no more mess with wires going to the console and it looks alot cleaner.

I am thinking of getting a PS3 also, but just for GT5, can't care less about the rest that the PS3 might have to offer, I'm only interested in GT5, most likely won't get anything else for the PS3
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

You would pay 200-400$ just for one game? Now that is just wasting money, it's not like you can't live without one game.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

BrontoX wrote:You would pay 200-400$ just for one game? Now that is just wasting money, it's not like you can't live without one game.
I did the same thing with GT4, and I might do it again for GT5.
After I'm done with the game I can just sell the PS3 and get most of my money back.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

can i ask you how to get a PS3 for $200-$400? If it's at all possible, I might get one myself...
oh snap
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

bit of both... a play on words:
-vintage as in a sense of wine (year made...)
-vintage as in the fact that it contains a whole heap of obsolete tech
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Striker94 wrote:can i ask you how to get a PS3 for $200-$400? If it's at all possible, I might get one myself...
Ahem, American. That is US$. AU$699 gets you a 40GB with GT5 Prologue, or for AU$718 you get that deal but with Call of Duty 4 as well, but that's only from Harvey Norman. And plus it may be different where you live.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

nah, $750 get the 40GB with GT5Prologue+Sixaxis steering wheel here.
oh snap
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by speed_man »

I got a PS3. But if you get one, i would get the 80gb version :D
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Striker94 wrote:nah, $750 get the 40GB with GT5Prologue+Sixaxis steering wheel here.
Sixaxis is not a steering wheel. Also, could you make clear whether it's USD or AUD. If you meant USD, 400 is pretty much the lowest you can get a PS3 for. If you meant AUD, you might as well ask where you can get it for free.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

PSZeTa wrote:
Striker94 wrote:nah, $750 get the 40GB with GT5Prologue+Sixaxis steering wheel here.
Sixaxis is not a steering wheel. Also, could you make clear whether it's USD or AUD. If you meant USD, 400 is pretty much the lowest you can get a PS3 for. If you meant AUD, you might as well ask where you can get it for free.
I meant a steering wheel produced by sixaxis...
oh snap
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Striker94 wrote:
PSZeTa wrote:
I meant a steering wheel produced by sixaxis...
Do you even know what is sixaxis ? :|
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Hmm, it seems to be just a controller name...

Or maybe I read the article wrong. Maybe it said "sixaxis controller+racing wheel..."
oh snap

Return to “The Games”