What console do you have?

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.

What console do you have?

Xbox
2%
Xbox360
24%
Wii
5%
PS2
10%
PS3
19%
PC
41%
None
No votes

Total votes: 59

speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Re: What console do you have?

Post by speed_man »

im surprised the playstsion didnt........

Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Save it for the picture wars dude... :wink:
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Good job on chastising someone for a picture. rofl
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

speed_man wrote:im surprised the playstsion didnt........

Nah, that's what Xbox 360s do.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

*Image of explosion*
*sigh* dude despite my silliness a PS3 isn't THAT fragile. the only thing wrong with it was the laser, try that on the X360 and you'll get your fireworks...
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

AS A REGULAR YOU SHOULD BY NOW KNOW NOT TI QUOTE PICTURES!!
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I <3 my new PS3.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

S2000_Skyline12 wrote:

AS A REGULAR YOU SHOULD BY NOW KNOW NOT TI QUOTE PICTURES!!
I wouldn't quote a massive pic...
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Lol. Whatevr then, PS3s suck, I'm not paying 500 bucks just to not get as many games, not as good a online community or "BluRay" which is overhyped. Nor am I paying just to wait for a game that is said to come out in 2010 so I can play the demo/full game :/

Not gonna pay just so I can go on myspace and youtube either =P

See? Words aren't nice. Neither is finding out in the latest Game Informer that only 3 PS3 games are on the 10 Ten Chart and only one is in the top 5...and it's 4th. Controllers with no vibration...but you can move it around like it's a Wii knockoff though! :/
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

The dualshock controller has vibration, and I think it's useless in every game. And who cares about the number of games and the top 5. I honestly think that "top ten" game lists don't matter. Developers are beginning to get used to the PS3's complex code and crap, but it'll be better later on so they can put it to good use. I'd rather wait for better performance than have average performance forever. PS3 pwns. I know PCs are better if you have a kickass GPU and CPU and other stuff, but if you don't have the time and money (like me) for a great PC, then I think you're better off getting a console for gaming. Aaaanyways, I almost finished an assassination on Assassins Creed, and the power went out. MAJOR WTF. Now I took my dad's UPS so ha.

I'm not gonna start a XBOX vs PS3 argument, but I can sure say it has a lot more features and fun than the XBOX. It's like a 2nd PC, and you can install linux on it. :D
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Lol, this wasn't meant to start any arguement, Was to show words aren't nice lol

I have my reason for not getting a PS3 though, not able to play with friends, most game genres I play on it suck mainly cause of the controller, along with other things. Installing a OS on in, especially Linux isn't a buying factor for me, since I don't like it and my gaming PC is pretty much done except for the CPU coming on the way. So, me getting a 360 for my b-day/xmas would be my best bet for gaming. Plus, it's getting the (codename: Xbox 540) dashboard revamp, ability for NetFlix integration (you and 8 friends can watch the same movie) along with a 60GB HDD for the Pro packages@ $299. Much more appealing to me.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

S2000_Skyline12 wrote:Lol. Whatevr then, PS3s suck, I'm not paying 500 bucks just to not get as many games, not as good a online community or "BluRay" which is overhyped. Nor am I paying just to wait for a game that is said to come out in 2010 so I can play the demo/full game :/

See? Words aren't nice. Neither is finding out in the latest Game Informer that only 3 PS3 games are on the 10 Ten Chart and only one is in the top 5...and it's 4th. Controllers with no vibration...but you can move it around like it's a Wii knockoff though! :/
In your opinion PS3's suck. Other people thin k differently... say, I had more fun playing Ratchet and Clank than Gears of War... GOW is way too short... Halo, meh, COD4 is >... Yep, not as big a game library, but it's quite good by now. Plus, who can afford all the games anyway... I have 3 and they keep me happy. Not like I get bored with them. Not as good online community, meh, it's free, I wouldn't pay for live anyway, and I have a lot of friends from school on PSN. BluRay is overhyped... well, it may not cure cancer, but I try and get blu-ray rentals and boy does it look great on our Pioneer plasma... it's clearer than DVD. Waiting for a game to come out in 2010, meh... I don't have much cash now, not much time and I have 3 games anyway.
Youtube on the plasma and last.fm through the amp FTW.
3 PS3 games in the top 10 chart... well, I do have a response to that with PS3 having the least percentage of "bad" games, but I don't really look at scores, I find out about the game, try it, and I leave it up to me.
I have got dualshock3, but I switched it off for many games on PS2... FPS gun recoil is cool though, but like with racing, the Devs haven't put realistic feedback in anyway. Sixaxis... well, found it quite involving.

But yeah, I've had more fun on PS3 than on a 360. But that's my opinion.
NetFlix integration (you and 8 friends can watch the same movie)
...? Yeah... I can do that with a VCR, have them over. Actually, this is another point why I love consoles... Splitscreen is better than online. No VOIP or whatever replaces human contact.
In fact... COD4 session before the movies tonight @ my place! :D
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

S2000_Skyline12 wrote:Lol. Whatevr then, PS3s suck, I'm not paying 500 bucks just to not get as many games, not as good a online community or "BluRay" which is overhyped. Nor am I paying just to wait for a game that is said to come out in 2010 so I can play the demo/full game :/

*sigh* not as many games? They sure as heck have a lot more exclusives....

Online community? Wait for Home and we'll see if it changes your mind. And trophies have a bit more meaning than achievements now. At least now theres no arguments of points to penis size ratio.

"Neither is finding out in the latest Game Informer that only 3 PS3 games are on the 10 Ten Chart and only one is in the top 5...and it's 4th."

whoop-de-do. Dunno what that game was but that must have been an oooooold top 10 dude, times have changed.

And finally, as for no vibration...all I can say is you may like vibration, but I for one do not give a piece of faeces... I had no vibration in my wireless PS2 controllers...big whoop! I forgot it was there in the first place.

Words hurt. So have a taste of them...
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Ooh, omg that hurt.

Ok.

One: Who the hell still has a VCR? Please stop.
Two: Yes. I want to play a high end version of the sims in the form of Home. Yes, Thank you, I'd love that...If I even liked the Sims.
Three:Times have changed? I got the game informer for fricking AUGUST! and that game was GTAIV, but then again, most people like that game.
Four: Rachet and Clank? That game where you run around throwing nuts and bolt? Ok, i'll consider it a game since it's what PS3 has.
Five: How the hell do you have no vibration in your wireless PS2 controllers? You should know buying fake controllers isn't a good look.
Six: Split Screen better than online? Well if your friend sucks balls, that won't be much fun, will it?
Seven: Why in the hell would I want to go to someone's house if they have a 360 and I do to watch a movie when they can just invite me in to watch it over 360 and have voice chat at the same time?
Eight: Plasma...look out for that big huge pink ugly spot you'll be getting sooner or later.
Nine: I understand people think differently of the PS3, some people some don't. But the big man KRox want to be a big man and try to hurt me, that's not nice, you'll make me cry.
Ten: Nice job bringing in the word 'penis' in a game console argument that wasn't even suppost to be a arguement, but I guess some people can't read.

Look. Get it in your heads. You like PS3. I WOULD like PS3 if it fit more of my gaming needs and likes. It's not hard to understand. I could slander the PS3 over and over, but it's not like i'm going in your homes and cracking them open with a metal bat. So stop crying about it k? Cause i'd like to end this unless you have more to say on the subject.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:
Online community? Wait for Home and we'll see if it changes your mind. And trophies have a bit more meaning than achievements now. At least now theres no arguments of points to penis size ratio.
I hope not, you might get awfully embarrassed. :mrgreen:

And dude, I've used the PS Network and Live, and Live kick's Sony's tail. (Keep in mind, it's a past Sony Fanboy talking...) :lol:

Honestly, I find the 360's game library much more inviting than a motion sensitive controller... especially since I have a Wii. :lol:

I'm even thinking of things to sell, just so that I can get that Elite a little bit faster. :P
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

S2000_Skyline12 wrote:One: Who the hell still has a VCR? Please stop.
Two: Yes. I want to play a high end version of the sims in the form of Home. Yes, Thank you, I'd love that...If I even liked the Sims.
Three:Times have changed? I got the game informer for fricking AUGUST! and that game was GTAIV, but then again, most people like that game.
Four: Rachet and Clank? That game where you run around throwing nuts and bolt? Ok, i'll consider it a game since it's what PS3 has.
Five: How the hell do you have no vibration in your wireless PS2 controllers? You should know buying fake controllers isn't a good look.
Six: Split Screen better than online? Well if your friend sucks balls, that won't be much fun, will it?
Seven: Why in the hell would I want to go to someone's house if they have a 360 and I do to watch a movie when they can just invite me in to watch it over 360 and have voice chat at the same time?
Eight: Plasma...look out for that big huge pink ugly spot you'll be getting sooner or later.
Nine: I understand people think differently of the PS3, some people some don't. But the big man KRox want to be a big man and try to hurt me, that's not nice, you'll make me cry.
Ten: Nice job bringing in the word 'penis' in a game console argument that wasn't even suppost to be a arguement, but I guess some people can't read.

Look. Get it in your heads. You like PS3. I WOULD like PS3 if it fit more of my gaming needs and likes. It's not hard to understand. I could slander the PS3 over and over, but it's not like i'm going in your homes and cracking them open with a metal bat. So stop crying about it k? Cause i'd like to end this unless you have more to say on the subject.
I never tried to convince you, I was just stating why I chose my PS3, and saying that it's a better option for some.
ok,
1. Yep, I have a VCR hooked up to my 52" plasma, I also have a PS3 (blu-ray, games-wireless media server) + a twin tuner PVR (don't really need VCR) and a DVD recorder. We still have tapes from before DVD was arund of holidays and stuff... I don't see why we have to get rid of all of yesterday's technology... heck! I have a record player hooked up to the amp and cassette too.
4. Uhh... no... nuts and bolts are currency... It's the game with rocket launchers, mini nukes, death rays... etc. etc... and a whole bunch of nutty weapons. Go play it... It's really fun. Original PS2 ones were fantastic too.
5. I switch it off... It's sort of pointless in half the games I play, and I found that it broke controllers... so I went logitec, and vibe has no problems.
6. I played 4 player split screen... and it was great. One off my friends is a pro on PC, another has it on 360 and another plays a few FPSs, including Halo on the 360, so they were pretty good competition. 2 isn't bad either if you get good competition.
7. Because that's a bit of a worry. Let's not go see our friends any more, lets chat over a computer! When I have time to watch a movie with a friend, I'll swing by, shoot some pool or whatever too. About VOIP... I'm on msn a crap load anyway.
8. LCDs suffer from image burn too, google it, and I had it happened to my mp3 player with the charge icon. Big huge pink ugly spot? wha? We didn't get some cheapo one, and I don't get what you mean... I don't see why watching movies or playing games will do that... and 4 hour sessions have happened, no burn.
9. Ok.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Lol. I like you, you're funny.

Ok.

One: Pretty sad but I guess it fits your needs so whatever.
Four: No thanks, I like blood and popping heads in my games.
Five: Ok, that comment wasn't even for you, so that reply will be omitted.
Six: Ok, Split screen topic and PC, good job putting that together. And it's only fun as long as you get good competition.
Seven: Alrighty then, would suck if you just so happened to break something, god forbid.
Eight:...How about LCD TVs? Cause I hardly see em but I see a big pink ugly pink spot on my aunt's 52" Hitachi. Funny, isn't it?

Now, i'm leaving this alone and don't care if further crying about it continues. If you do happen to make a reply to this and try to counteract it, you'll only be showing your lack of reading skills and where then you should sign up for a reading class and get hooked on phonics.
Last edited by S2000_Skyline12 on 20 Jul 2008, 04:59, edited 2 times in total.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Not to start or continue anything but I have a VCR too. Though its really old tech.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Lol, actually, I just took my Hitachi VCR back from my parents... :lol:
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

S2000_Skyline12 wrote:Lol. I like you, you're funny.

Now, i'm leaving this alone and don't care if further crying about it continues. If you do happen to make a reply to this and try to counteract it, you'll only be showing your lack of reading skills and where then you should sign up for a reading class and get hooked on phonics.
Whatever, I never wanted to argue anyway, I just wanted to express my thoughts, I never tried to convince anyone about anything.
What's your problem with a VCR anyway? Yeah, we have one... we're not going to chuck a working thing away, especially since we can still get use out of it... in fact, we needed it to convert all our holiday vids to DVD.
4. Ok... I've always been fond of platformers. COD4 is one of the best FPS I've played though, if not the best.
7. "shoot some pool" = play billiards, lol... not that harmful, except at one friend's place the table is a bit close to his glass balustrades for comfort.
8. Yeah, all LCD screens can have problems, no technology is perfect... they suffer from image retention, stuck pixels, I've seen LCD screens at school where the colours have gone bad. Ugly pink spot on aunt's TV? sounds like a fault, we had that with one of our old CRTs... Or if it's burn... someone didn't switch the TV off and left it paused for too long or on a menu. Still, if you're sensible, it shouldn't burn, otherwise it's bad luck.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

LCD's don't burn, Plasma's do. Stuck pixels maybe, but not burn-in. :wink:

Anyway, we might want to get back before the mod's come lol.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

LCDs don't burn, but image retention is a problem and has similar effects... back on topic... I'm finding the omission of split screen with many console games a bit concerning... they're turning into PCs really. I like those unusual games though like Buzz, and scene it on the 360 is fun too.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Um, dude.. newsflash, THEY ARE COMPUTERS. :lol:

As long as a game has online, I don't really care about split-screen. Heck, I have every console I own wired into the internet now lol.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

S2000_Skyline12 wrote:One: Who the hell still has a VCR? Please stop.

-It's a VCR. get over it. I have one actually. Don't use it that often but I still use it.
-Good for you...
-GTAIV was released in April -_-
-Not everyone likes gore. R&C is better than you obviously think.
-I have no vibration in my Wireless PS2 controllers because thats how they were bought and they were cheaper than Dualshock 2s. And they're Logitech btw, not piece of shiznit home brand controllers.
-Online better than split-screen? Too bad if you can't afford or not in range to get internet...
-Ten: why thank you. Much appreciated.

Quite frankly I'd like to end this too.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

THEN SHUT THE HELL UP.

Gosh, it was freakin' over dude... :roll:

Return to “The Games”