What console do you have?

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.

What console do you have?

Xbox
2%
Xbox360
24%
Wii
5%
PS2
10%
PS3
19%
PC
41%
None
No votes

Total votes: 59

PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: What console do you have?

Post by PSZeTa »

Maybe you should look up things instead of saying crap like it's a fact while you're not sure about it, so you won't look like a dumb*ss. #-o
SkeeteRX7
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SkeeteRX7 »

Personally....I enjoy PS3, especially the 60GB original which I have, because of the Blu-Ray functionality, PSP interactivity, PC-esque specs, and of course, Gran Turismo 5....I do have a mid-range gaming laptop (a Lenovo/IBM Thinkpad T61p with the Quadro equivalent of the 8600M-GT GDDR3), which I use for games that aren't on consoles, as well as some DCC/CAD, and I'm looking to build a gaming desktop for college...I also have a PS2 in my room, PSP, N64, my dad's NES, and I just sold my Gamecube plus the games and memory cards to my cousin.
C2D T7500 2.2 ghz| 256 MB NVIDIA Quadro FX570m|160 GB 7200 RPM|2 GB RAM- my laptop
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

PSZeTa wrote:Maybe you should look up things instead of saying crap like it's a fact while you're not sure about it, so you won't look like a dumb*ss. #-o
That's not very nice...

Anyway, i got the magazine back, and it did say-
Package includes-40GB PS3, Sixaxis steering wheel plus Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.
So the fault is not mine. Also, when everyone knew I was wrong, I did search for it, and I apologised. What else am I supposed to do, kiss your shoes? :roll:
oh snap
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

If I had a hell of a lot of money to spend I'd get a Logitech G25. Six-speed working gearbox and clutch, that'd be sweet.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

you know, I might be able convince my parents to buy me a G25 by saying that it'll save them money on driving lessons...

That'll be funny...
oh snap
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Striker94 wrote:you know, I might be able convince my parents to buy me a G25 by saying that it'll save them money on driving lessons...

That'll be funny...
They'll have to be pretty naiive... lol. Unless there's a game with a 360 degree screen and involved driving in real conditions... it's nothing. The control is the easy part, lol. It's the traffic management that's the tricky bit... and parking.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

nah, i'd have no hope whatsoever...

Do you think you'll pass your first driving test? I doubt I will...
oh snap
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Since when was a PC a console?

I vote PC anyways. Consoles blow. I bought a 360 and its been collecting dust for the past year. Including Forza 2, GRAW, etc. I have more fun playing HL2 on my pc any day. Better graphics and better peripherals equal better system.

And no, I wouldnt waste 600 $USD Just so I can play GT5 and MGS4. Not worth the money for two exclusive games. That is money better spent elsewhere.
Last edited by korge on 07 Apr 2008, 09:59, edited 1 time in total.
korge
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Striker94 wrote:nah, i'd have no hope whatsoever...

Do you think you'll pass your first driving test? I doubt I will...
Gran Turismo just gave me a false sense of car controls... the accelerator is surprisingly sensitive when you want to drive slow. And about the driving test... do the online test lots, read the driver's handbook and you'll be fine... passed the theory one comfortably.

About VORT, the test for P-plates, have a good amount of lessons and practice whenever you can. Where ever you go; drive. It got my hours done quick and I got experience in all conditions nice and early. I had to go through peak-hour city traffic on my fifth drive! Now it's not too bad as long as my dad shuts up and doesn't distract me. In the end, I found the VORT surprisingly easy... I passed first go, stuffed up 90deg park and a few other small errors and I managed a 94. There's always the logbook system if you don't want to risk paying up big to take the test, but the test is fine if you're ready for it. I've had my P-s for a few months now, picked up an FM transmitter so I can use my 30gb zen and it's quite fun driving... better music than in the games too, lol. Don't put it off, do it quickly and you'll be laughing.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

korge wrote:Since when was a PC a console?

I vote PC anyways. Consoles blow. I bought a 360 and its been collecting dust for the past year. Including Forza 2, GRAW, etc. I have more fun playing HL2 on my pc any day. Better graphics and better peripherals equal better system.

And no, I wouldnt waste 600 $USD Just so I can play GT5 and MGS4. Not worth the money for two exclusive games. That is money better spent elsewhere.

Doesn't have better graphics in all cases. For example, Most Wanted PC<360 version lol
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I think the 360 and PC version of MW are equal in terms of graphics, though you can get a much higher resolution on a PC.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Striker94 wrote:That's not very nice...
It's advice.
Striker94 wrote:Anyway, i got the magazine back, and it did say-Package includes-40GB PS3, Sixaxis steering wheel plus Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.

So the fault is not mine. Also, when everyone knew I was wrong, I did search for it, and I apologised. What else am I supposed to do, kiss your shoes? :roll:
I was refering to this:
Striker94 wrote:I meant a steering wheel produced by sixaxis...
I explained and you came back at me, obviously not having looked up what I said.
korge wrote:I vote PC anyways. Consoles blow. I bought a 360 and its been collecting dust for the past year. Including Forza 2, GRAW, etc. I have more fun playing HL2 on my pc any day. Better graphics and better peripherals equal better system.
Send it over and make me happy. :mrgreen:
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

xHaZxMaTx wrote:I think the 360 and PC version of MW are equal in terms of graphics, though you can get a much higher resolution on a PC.
No...The clarity, road reflections, car reflection and other things were stronger on 360 lol. I was playing the 360 demo for a week out of bordem and have played MW on PC at high/1280.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

You can enable other features outside of the game that you wouldn't otherwise be able to enable. I did so, once, to make a comparison between the graphics possible on a 360 and a PC, by taking a screenshot very similar to that of a promo screenie from a 360. They were identical. Of course, on my system, I only got 5-10 frames per second. :lol:
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Lol...Nvidia control panel lets you enable the ingame effects like the update rate and reflection quality? xD And if this promo screenie wasn't a actual ingame shot then I doubt it lol. The 360's version has better post processing effect (Blur and motion blur), better sparks, Depth of Field, Shadowing, and looks wayy clearer on a HD LCD or Plasma (I was playing on Plasma) than on a regular monitor unless you connect a HDTV and I think you have to have a HDCP enabled card along with that. This comparison is just like when Burnout revenge came out for 360, it was remade so it looked visually like it belonged on 360.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

... And only proves that the software was optimized for the 360 and was not better because the 360 is more powerful than the PC platform.

You guys are arguing for the same point. =D>
korge
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Ehh, no. I'm saying they look better and he's saying that they look the same.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

I seriously don't get what the difference between a PC and console is. A console is just a weaker PC that doesn't use an OS and hooks up to a television set. If I plug up my PC to a TV it easily becomes a super console and connected to a monitor a PC? I see only 2 differences between consoles and PC's. Consoles are non-upgradeable, non-OS machines hooked up to a TV. PC's are upgradeable, OS machines hooked up to a monitor (or smaller TV if you want to say it that way. but a PC can be hitched to a TV as well.) Not too much difference if you ask me. :?
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

(High-end) consoles (PS3, 360) tend to be more powerful than the average PC, though you can make a PC much more powerful than a console if you have the money. Also, consoles do have operating systems.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

I say non-OS because of the fact you can't technically install programs and other things like you can with Windows, Mac, Linux OSes.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Can't install programs? Hmm, I coulda swore people were putting Linux on PS3...and only PC's get updates. Oh no, wait, 360/PS3 get that too. So the interface they have is considered a OS.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

If an operating system is defined by being able to install programs (which it isn't), installing Linux on a PS3 doesn't make the PS3s default software an OS, because Linux is an OS, itself, not necessarily a program.

Regardless, consoles have operating systems and I'm sure their hardware can be upgraded if you have the technical know-how to do so.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

S2000_Skyline12 wrote:Can't install programs? Hmm, I coulda swore people were putting Linux on PS3...and only PC's get updates. Oh no, wait, 360/PS3 get that too. So the interface they have is considered a OS.
Haha, that killed it. =D> :mrgreen:
korge
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

A console cannot be upgraded cause it's mainboard was made only for the processor and graphics chip it was designed for.
Only upgrade that can be done (I don't consider it a upgrade cause that would entail increasing performance in some way) would be a mod chip.

And for a console to install anything like a Operating System, yeah, I think it can be considered. Didn't see people putting Linux on PS2. And before you say a PS2 doesn't even have capacity to hold anything like it, Yes it does, the original PS2 has a expansion slot for a HDD.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

You proved my point. :)

There really isn't any difference between PC's and consoles. They're both just computers hooked up in a different way.

Return to “The Games”