Battlefield 3

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Battlefield 3

Post by Jopuma »

from the website DigitalBattle

Battlefield 3 Leaked Info

A tipster sent us PDF document which looked like an outline of features for Battlefield 3. The three page document is apparently prepared for investors which should get it by December of this year. It details basic features of BF3, and are as listed:

* Release in late 2008
* Powered by “Frostbite DX”
* Set in year modern day (just like BF2, ed.)
* Will ship with 8 maps, each supporting up to 40-players per team
* Two playable factions, NATO and MEC (Middle Eastern Coalition)
* Same “ticket-based” gameplay style as before
* Maps are mostly urban, based in Middle East
* Squads and Commanders are present, introduced are “Battalions” which consist of three to four squads.
* Five playable classes; Sniper, Assault, Engineer, Medic and Support
* Will feature 48 different vehicles (24 for each faction)
* Will feature 34 different weapons (17 for each faction) and another 22 unlocks (for both factions), in total 56 different weapons.
* Other unlocks include different types of ammunition, body armor, helmets, camouflage and accessories.
* Possible public beta in “Summer 2008″
* Online stats tracking, awards and “real world ranks”
* “Soldier” feature, looks like MMO-styled characters and avatars
* Ranked servers will be available for resellers weeks before the game ships (for testing, apparently, ed.)
* In-game replay and recording feature
* VoIP, friends list, in-game IM-client and “extensive clan support”
* Built-in auto software updater (no more patches!, ed.)
* Widows Vista and OS X (no XP?!, ed.)
* Announcement and teaser trailer in January 2008.

A map is mentioned by name, called “Baghdad Burning”, and appears to be a massive urban map, similar to BF2’s very popular “Strike at Karkand”. The game is powered by “Frotbite DX”, currently the Frostbite engine is used in Battlefiled: Bad Company on PS3 and Xbox 360. The “DX” could refer to DirectX (10?), a PC version of the Frostbite engine.

Please note that none of this is confirmed, we’ve emailed a few people from EA and DICE (Battlefield developers) and will update the article as soon as we know more. Also note that we cannot, for obvious (legal) reasons, release the PDF document. Stay tuned for more info.

A few wanted to know if the document mentions in-game advertising, it does not, but wouldn’t be surprising, considering BF2142 had in-game advertising.

EA responded to the rumor with a “no comment” statement. Still waiting for a reply from DICE (which will probably be the same).

For clarification, the document doesn’t say that XP is not supported, it only lists Vista and OS X.

Further investigation reveals that EA DICE owns the domain “battlefield3.com” (not so important, since it was registered in 2004, so was battlefield4.com etc.). Still no reply from DICE. Stay tuned for further updates.

EA And DICE Respond To BF3 Rumors

EA and Battlefield developer DICE (Digital Illusions CE) have responded to the Battlefield 3 rumors we posted yesterday. As expected, we (and many other sites) got the usual no reply comment from EA, while a representative from DICE’s Swedish office said something similar:

“We don’t comment on rumors or speculation. Currently announced titles from DICE are Battlefield Bad Company and Mirror’s Edge, you’ll hear from us officially as soon as we have anything further to announce. For any future announcements regarding Battlefield keep an eye on battlefield.com”

Usually companies tend to just deny any rumors regarding future projects, but “No comment” replies usually indicate some concern at the the company. We’re further investigating the rumor and will post updates as soon as we have anything new.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Battlefield 3

Post by korge »

More of the same with better graphics?

This is starting to follow the same trend seen in NFS games...
korge
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

korge wrote:More of the same with better graphics?

This is starting to follow the same trend seen in NFS games...
i see a few minor differences...
oh snap
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Hopefully XP users can play it. But there are a few subtle differences in BF3 than there are in BF2. And something that makes me kinda bummed is why isn't there Chinese in there anymore? :cry:
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

* Five playable classes; Sniper, Assault, Engineer, Medic and Support

* Will feature 34 different weapons (17 for each faction) and another 22 unlocks (for both factions), in total 56 different weapons.

Most likely that number dosent exclude grenades, explosives, knives, and etc, but i sense the Medic and Engineer class will be more refined when running around in battle unlike in previous BF's where you had to follow a decent Assault player, and hope he got killed to grab his weapon.

and i dont see the "Battalions" feature really useful unless you manage to get at least 30 players on your team, and i wonder what features will be used regarding it.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

donaldgladden wrote:Most likely that number dosent exclude grenades, explosives, knives, and etc, but i sense the Medic and Engineer class will be more refined when running around in battle unlike in previous BF's where you had to follow a decent Assault player, and hope he got killed to grab his weapon.

and i dont see the "Battalions" feature really useful unless you manage to get at least 30 players on your team, and i wonder what features will be used regarding it.
Yeah, that's a possibility on the weapons thing. And I'd have to agree with you on the battalions feature being a bit useless. It must be a commander option where you select several squads and put them in a battalion or something. Ah, well. We'll see how it is when it comes out.....if it comes out.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

So it's set in the same time-zone as BF2 and not 2142? SWEET!

(Wake Island 2009) :lol:
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

I still have to buddy you on 2142. :)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I loved BF2, but for some reason I couldn't be bothered to play 2142
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

BF2 was great...
oh snap
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Total of something like 229 hours of gameplay on BF2. :lol:

Anyway I find 2142 to be MUCH more intense than BF2. But I like BF2 better because you can actually get kills. :)
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

Just downloaded the demo, Multiplayer is fun as hell, Not sure if this map is in Battlefield 2 though but yeh it comes with Oasis, Heard the game only ships with 2 modes which kinda sucks >: (. GFX are Ok, it looks like they downgraded it abit from the orignal photos but the sound quality is terrible, it feels really dull blah. Is it like that in other battlefield games?
Explicit signature removed.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

...are you talking about the 360 Bad Company demo?

Yeah, these are supposed to be two different games. :wink:

--EDIT--
Oh God I was afraid of that, BF3 is Battlefield: Heros.

Yay, they get the real shooter, we get the POS that looks like it was made in 'Toonstown.' Thank you EA. :roll:
http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2008/05/ ... n-cousins/

Waste of a $1,200 computer... -_-*
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

BT: And the cartoony presentation of the game – I mean, that’s inevitably going to draw comparisons to Team Fortress 2. Did you deliberately try to clone TF2 or was this always planned?
ha read my mind
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

I think Battlefield Heroes is gonna be awesome and fun. Plus, it's free so you can't really complain there. :D
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Sure you can, seems like a waste of hard ware space... besides, any major bandwidth use and I may find my self in a very bad situation... :lol:
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Played the Xbox 360 demo, must say multiplayer is fun and IMO its the first time for me to hear proper surround sound. :D the gun sound FX are just amazing, ill 100000% be getting this.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Carcrazy wrote:Sure you can, seems like a waste of hard ware space... besides, any major bandwidth use and I may find my self in a very bad situation... :lol:
Well, if you have problems with lack of HDD space, then you have bigger problems than this game. :P I don't see how it will use major bandwidth. It's just like any multiplayer portion of a game.

I like to think of this game like the Trackmania Nations Forever of FPS. I love the cartoony style. It adds humour and it's not so serious like Call of Duty or previous Battlefield games, which is what we need these days. To be honest, I don't want another "serious" Battlefield game. What's the point anyways, there are plenty of quality "serious" FPS games out there.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I just bought Battelfield Bad Company and have to say it's a pretty fun game.

You can destroy almost the entire world (walls, trees, fences etc.

It feels like a other of EA's games: BLACK.
But in a more green invoriment.
You got loads of weapons to use and you can drive around in Jeeps, Trucks and Tanks, basicly the same stuff as in BF2 (and fly choppers etc)
The weapons are all real weapons and look realistic, but the ammo for each mag isn't (in general 50 per mag, but it could be because I play on easy)
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

Heroes seems fun.

When is the release date?29th or June 30?
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

TheStig wrote:I just bought Battelfield Bad Company and have to say it's a pretty fun game.

You can destroy almost the entire world (walls, trees, fences etc.

It feels like a other of EA's games: BLACK.
But in a more green invoriment.
You got loads of weapons to use and you can drive around in Jeeps, Trucks and Tanks, basicly the same stuff as in BF2 (and fly choppers etc)
The weapons are all real weapons and look realistic, but the ammo for each mag isn't (in general 50 per mag, but it could be because I play on easy)
Me wants Bad Company... :cry:
Why would EA do this to us PC gamers? :( :( :(
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Heroes (if like TF2) is gonna be crazy. Want BC, get a 360 =P
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

I just spent all my money on my damn computer... xD
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

/me wants BC too.

The piracy is very big for PC,that's why we can't play GTAIV, this and some other block-busters. :|
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

So? You can do the same on a console if you want to... :lol:

Anyway, shouldn't be talking 'bout that. :wink:

Return to “The Games”