Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2

Post by - Rx7 - »

Yes its offical, another Modern Call of Duty will be coming out late next year.

Article here: http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/12/ ... onference/

Discuss :)
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2

Post by korge »

Ehh... :?

Seeing this makes me want to play Medal of Honor... :roll:
korge
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

Can't wait.... loved COD 4 multiplayer so much...was pure top-notch quality, Hope this is 10x better :D
Explicit signature removed.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

I only played COD4 and i am gonna play this one too, if its official of course.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Yeah, well they had better change the name. If anything, World at War was just a WW2 theme of CoD4 and this doesn't look like it will amount to much either.
korge
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

korge wrote:Yeah, well they had better change the name and this doesn't look like it will amount to much either.

You base this on?
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

korge wrote:...World at War was just a WW2 theme of CoD4 and this doesn't look like it will amount to much either.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

My opinion that WaW isnt much different to constitute $60?

I for one prefer CoD4 and I think Ill stick with that for a while before buying the next title.
korge
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

Treyarch won't be developing the game, its going back to the creators of Cod4 - Infinity Ward. If they made a good game before i don't see why they can't this time,
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

I bought a copy of World at War and thoroughly enjoyed it (I am still playing it up until today) and several months after purchase I tried the demo of CoD 4 as I wanted to see whichin my opinion was superior. I only got to play ''The Bog'' but it didn't have the same feel as WaW. I can however see it from most peoples perspective (not another generic WW2 FPS) and that the Modern Warfare seen has so much more they can build on than the worn down WW2 genre. Obviously both games are top notch titles ad I'll be getting MW2 no question. Let's hope they bring back an enhanced multiplayer with more perks and levels.

PS would Modern Warfare have flamethrowers

PPS How come the CoD4 demo felt like all the guns had heaps of ammo, is this the case with the full game?
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

So.

Aside from the lack of dedicated servers (which I'm 95% sure will change, if not soon, then eventually), MW2 looks pretty firetruckin' boobooin'. :D It's the only game I have ever pre-ordered, if that's any indication of what I think of the game.

Primary Weapon:
Mk 14 Mod 0 EBR w/ suppressor + heartbeat sensor
Secondary Weapon:
USP .45 w/ suppressor
Perk 1:
Bling
Perk 2:
Cold Blooded
Perk 3:
Ninja Pro

I will be invisible~ :3
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I'm on the same boat as haz. It's the only game I'm going to preorder... as soon as my killzone 2 copy finally sells. XD
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

The Matchmaking service is not shoving off anytime soon. A bit of a bummer, but it's not going to stop me buying this game.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Just preordered this hotness... Can't wait. Just 3 more days. :D
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Best campaign game I've played in a long time. I may go so far as to say the best - very emotional. ._.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Same. I wanted to kill sheperd... I was so pissed. O_O

But I can't decide if th FEAR 2 campaign was better... :(
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Lovely single player experience, yet so frickin' short.
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

Skyline_man wrote:Lovely single player experience, yet so frickin' short.
Play it on Veteran mode. It wont be short :lol:

Spec-ops is quite entertaining with friends. Multiplayer is pretty much what CoD4 was.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Top 7 Accolades:

Most Sniper Kills (x116)
Most Scoped Kills (x91)
Most Time Spent Crouched (x85)
Most Sniper Headshots (x82)
Killed Entire Enemy Team (x76)
Most Time Spent in One Place (x73)
Most Time Spent Prone (x71)

*Totally isn't a sniper.* <.<

Anywho, anyone else annoyed by the Akimbo-shottie-toting fa-- peeps and the ridiculous knife kills with the Commando perk? :| And has anyone else run into anyone taking advantage of what has been described to me as the Javelin glitch where a player automatically fires a Javelin missile upon death killing anyone close enough?
joneray
Stock
Stock

Post by joneray »

I bought this game and its excellent port. Hugely improve controls in this game. It is a best version then any other version with high graphics. It is really fantastic game. I think every body should play this game if they like to play game. I really enjoyed it.
moderator note: signature removed
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Wow, well coming from someon who has logged 200 hours in it I have to say I am very disappointed with it. Seeing as IW aren't working on any patches any time soon due to Activision vs IW creators Zampella and West, it looks like we are stuck with matchmaking hell and hacker central. I'd say out of every 10 games played 4 are ruined by hackers, 1 is ruined by tking idiots and the other 5 I am being called a hacker for leading the k/d ratio's. Can't help it if I played CoD4 at an amateur league level now...

Even worse there is confirmation via STEAM and the ingame time played counter than you spend at least 1/3rd of your time in menu's waiting for something to happen. I can confirm that with my stats, and there are many others that have also confirmed this.

I might also add that despite hackers there are also some extremely broken ingame problems, like the campers who stick One Man Army on all their setups so they can get up to 5 claymores ingame at any one time, not to mention unlimited ammo. Then there are the tubers running about with Scavenger Pro and never running out of 40mm grenades for their tubes. There's the idiots joining Hardcore mode just to get their rocks of shooting their teammates.

Having said that, the times when you get a good ping and are playing with a skillfull group of players who use tactics rather than camp or run and gun are almost worth the waste of time that is the majority of the game. Oh and BTW the campaign sucked bumbum big time. There was no basis for the storyline, more a load of cool battles strung together because they felt like it, and what the hell went on with the airport map. You can literally destroy the plot by killing the mastermind then and there as well as the rest of the cell, but no you have to follow the group and get shot. WTF? Ridiculous doesn't even cover it.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Very well put - all of those reasons are why I regret spending $60 on a game that I no longer play. Bad Company 2, on the other hand, is very worth playing, IMO. :D
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Kaerar wrote:Wow, well coming from someon who has logged 200 hours in it I have to say I am very disappointed with it. Seeing as IW aren't working on any patches any time soon due to Activision vs IW creators Zampella and West, it looks like we are stuck with matchmaking hell and hacker central. I'd say out of every 10 games played 4 are ruined by hackers, 1 is ruined by tking idiots and the other 5 I am being called a hacker for leading the k/d ratio's. Can't help it if I played CoD4 at an amateur league level now...

Even worse there is confirmation via STEAM and the ingame time played counter than you spend at least 1/3rd of your time in menu's waiting for something to happen. I can confirm that with my stats, and there are many others that have also confirmed this.

I might also add that despite hackers there are also some extremely broken ingame problems, like the campers who stick One Man Army on all their setups so they can get up to 5 claymores ingame at any one time, not to mention unlimited ammo. Then there are the tubers running about with Scavenger Pro and never running out of 40mm grenades for their tubes. There's the idiots joining Hardcore mode just to get their rocks of shooting their teammates.

Having said that, the times when you get a good ping and are playing with a skillfull group of players who use tactics rather than camp or run and gun are almost worth the waste of time that is the majority of the game. Oh and BTW the campaign sucked bumbum big time. There was no basis for the storyline, more a load of cool battles strung together because they felt like it, and what the hell went on with the airport map. You can literally destroy the plot by killing the mastermind then and there as well as the rest of the cell, but no you have to follow the group and get shot. WTF? Ridiculous doesn't even cover it.
I agree with the campaign, but everything else you said pretty much sums up PC gaming at its finest. What the hell else did you expect?
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Well a lot of the hacker/online issues are easily solved with dedicated servers on PC.

The ingame issues like broken One Man Army and other combinations just need to be patched or mods allowed as that would also solve that issue pretty damn quick.

As for the campaign. For a game they charge ridiculous money for, I would expect something a little better thought out.

TBH it's not PC Gaming as such, it's more the state of the industry with Activision and so on selling crap for money. There are many games that are worth playing, there aren't many which deserve the price tag at the moment. If the industry keeps this up, all they'll be left with are hyped up console kiddies screaming down their mic's and all the real gaming fans will have left. Not necessarily the best plan to make money, which is probably why they are trying to break the game resale market...
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I should probably also point out the fact that MW2's gameplay and game engine in itself is actually heavily based on CoD4. Something wrong with that picture, or is it just me?

Return to “The Games”