STAR WARS KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC 3

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

STAR WARS KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC 3

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

The world-renowned Star Wars RPG is back, but this time in the form of a MMO. At this early stage of development Bioware (creators of KOTOR 1 & 2 and Mass Effect) have released little information but it gives you a vague idea of there intentions. So far we know 2 of the classes that will appear in the game - the Sith and the Jedi. We also know that Humans will be a playable race and a possibility of the Mandalorians. The main idea behind the game is bring the great storytelling skills of Bioware and the RPG genreas well as having the main 3 pillars of a good MMO - exploration, combat and progression. The combat will include PvP but no details about the combat should be expected to be released in the near future. Despite having a story-driven focus the game shouldn't to much instancing. "While delivering a quality story to players is important, the developers realize just how important interaction with other players is." Companons are back, but this time only 1 companion can be active at the one time. These companions should be similar to those of the previous games as should expect to have droids as well as NPC's of various abilities and classes. Lightsaber crafting is also back, but expect to see less crafting like moisture farming. As it is a story-driven MMO, the majority of th game will be able to be completed alone but some areas will need the help of others. You will be able to travel to many of the planets featured in the Star Wars movies and in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. There will also be a number of new planets and star systems to explore. During character selection you choose to be aligned to either the Republic or the Sith Empire and the game as well as your decisions in game effecting your alignment. The game is set 3,500 years before the rise of Darth Vader.The most powerful Sith Empire in history has emerged from deep space to attack the Republic and its legendary Jedi guardians. After decades of war, a tenuous truce has been established between the Sith Empire and the Republic, but events occurring in the game are leading the galaxy back to an all-out war. Because of this time period it is likely that most of the characters from the previouss games would have passed away but some droids could have survived. So far no release date has been set and no info about the pricing of the game has been released but some

I am a big fan of the series but I for one aren't too happy about the move to an MMO, especially considering it'll probably have a monthly subscription fee, though it seems like it'll be a high quality game.

Some concept art and screenshots have been released on http://kotor3.net/ and the official website but we will have too wait a while for more info.

DISCUSS
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: STAR WARS KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC 3

Post by Bojan »

As both games were one of my all time favourites I won't even touch the MMO. Huge waste here imo.
At least Mass Effect was a very decent successor and I'm looking forward to ME2.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: STAR WARS KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC 3

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Yeah, I've never touched an MMO in my life and I find it very hard that I would pick up this game, it's ruined the series imo. I will however read the games ongooing story on wiki so that when they realise there mistake and go back to an RPG I'll be up to date.

Return to “The Games”