Help for GTA 4, Graphics

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
reputated
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Help for GTA 4, Graphics

Post by reputated »

i need help from ya'll. i just installed GTA 4 and i got this freaky problem thats so annoying! as you can very well see in the pics, those vertical lines(outlined with red boxes, see attachments) appear all over the place. the roads and buildings, even the light poles and other objects on the road do not appear.
i have a 2.2 ghz core 2 duo, 1 gb ram, and a 256 mb ati radeon 2400 pro(overclocker to 440/640)
i've tried every graphic setting in the game, from lowest to highest/ i've tried to force v-sync on from the catalyst control panel too but to no help. i'm running the latest drivers and direct x 9 o c. can you help?????
Attachments
iiiii.JPG
iiii.JPG
iii.JPG
ii.JPG
this is how the city looks
this is how the city looks
Some pursue happpiness; others create it
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Help for GTA 4, Graphics

Post by boganbusman »

lol, I think your PC specs are way too low for this game to work properly. Time for an upgrade (or just get a console).
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

I think the graphics card would be the most important thing to upgrade cos you've got a pretty old one
reputated
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by reputated »

is there any other way out? after playing for 10 mins the game starts to show the roads and the buildings, but very washed out textures. i dont think my gfx card is a problem. i can run many games like crysis, alone in the dark, GRID etc and med-high settings although on a lower resolution. it can be a glitch due to some software or something. what do you think?
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

New drivers maybe? I dunno, this happened to me on Stalker Clear Sky sometimes, although my card is much better. We have a 2400 in our Media PC, so the card is most definitely the problem. GTAIV has trouble running on high-end cards, let alone a 2400. I don't think there's a solution apart from buying a new graphics card.
reputated
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by reputated »

i've tried the latest drivers already. but they did'nt help at all.
@Stereo-
you're correct that the game runs very slowly even on high end cards. my friend has 2 GB ram, the latest core2 duo processor (i dont remeber the Ghz ) and a geforce 9400 GT (or maybe 9600 GT)
and the game still runs very slowly on it. so i have to agree with you. which Graphics card will handle the game well then?
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

9600GT is not high-end, not even close.

I have a 3.0 Core2 Duo, 3GB RAM, HD4870 video card and GTA4 runs pretty good. Occasionally it will freeze for a second, and there are issues with objects popping up and small glitches but that's nothing new for a GTA game.
Even my system is not high-end, I would call it mid-range.

So yeah, I would recomend a 48xx card and a bit of RAM to go with it. That would be the most cost effective way imo.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I still phail with crysis, but what can I expect from my 9600GSO (which I paid $30 for, it's a good deal)

Yeah, get some kind of Radeon 48xx because they have a lower price and better performance than nVidia's equal line.

Return to “The Games”