Modern Warfare 2

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Modern Warfare 2

Post by ImJ »

As seen, the new teaser trailer launched before, later on at gametrailers, they released a GamePlay Trailer... looking good so far ain't it?

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/49096.html

Now... One gameplay screen shot further down and OH MY GOD... IT LOOKS INSANE!

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/n ... ens/808690

This game is going to be better and more kick ass then the first one, Also looks like they topped up the GFX a little bit even though im guessing it's using the Call of Duty 4 Engine.. Reminds me much of Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and Battlefield Bad Company Mixed!

Oh boy

November 11th 2009 is the release date :D
Explicit signature removed.
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Re: Modern Warfare 2

Post by donaldgladden »

Only reason to turn on TNT the whole year on may 24th. :D
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

OMG SH*TTING MYSELF GET READY TO BE PWNED N00BS!!!
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Now that's a usefull post.... :roll:
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Okay then here's a usefull post then I believe that the game looks really good and it looks as though they've reused the MW engine (some idiot on IMj's 2nd link thought it was Cryengine2 lol) again but looks a lot better than WaW. Also, the fresh environment provides not only a great new look but also intuitive new gameplay options, though I'm not sure about what they said in the article that you can use the two joystick triggers to climb ice. ALSO, I found a new link looks as though it's a trailer of some sort seems ligit has supposed "gameplay footage" here's the link - http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/24618
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

BTW guys you know the first teaser I saw this vid. yesterday sorry but I don't hav the link but this guy looks at the teaser and tells you what it all is and if you look very closly at one part there are 4-5 symbols - "perks" - one from MW and WAW and the rest being new so looks like they won't recyle too much though I never doubted infinty ward
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

really liking the visualsand the setting looks great from what you see in that trailer nice find ImJ
xD4N73x
Ricer
Ricer

Post by xD4N73x »

A germany mag wrote a review of cod6 with new details as they played the demo already. Here's a quote from it:
- The physics on bullets and grenades have become more realistic. Bullets will now ricochet, and grenades will bounce down stairs, or roll down inclines, like they would in real life.
- You can now hold a pistol in one hand, and a knife in the other. In doing so the knife hand supports the gun hand. Knifing will now become even more popular.
- There will be a number of new modes in multiplayer. More about this will be only made public after E3, but they are modes we aren’t seeing in other games yet. The menu structure from which you start multiplayer sessions, will be changed as well because, and we cite Bowling, “there will be too many extra things, that we want to present in a decent manner”. And oh yes, the music will change too. We know it all to well by now.
- The riot shield will be, for a 100% sure, a perk. Bowling let it slip, that you’ll be able to carry two shields with two guys, and that a third player could, while taking cover behind the two gents, open fire on the enemy. How sick is that?
- Good news for everyone hating on dudes that decide to walk out in the middle of a game. Bowling wouldn’t say how, but he indicated that there would be “options to act on that”. We’ll be keeping him to his word, because if there’s something we hate.
http://www.mw2blog.com/power-unlimited- ... -hands-on/
Some screenshots in HQ
http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.com/ ... 0x1200.jpg
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

hmm, looks interesting enough.
korge
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

man this is awesome!!!! Can't wait!!! BTW guys I'm kinf of annoyed cos I was up to lvl 40 on World at War and then I went on and I had 0 XP and was back to lvl 1! - 36 hours of progress dissappeared! Anyway looks awesome just hope those graphics will run okay on my PC (8400GS and 2GB ram) cos they look awesome! I think at 0.37 you see that the HUD is on the gun!

NOTE - If your like me and you cant watch it on gametrailers here's the youtube link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBfco9mZgag
_BLAHHEAD_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by _BLAHHEAD_ »

I lol at Captain Mctavish. I also like the blizzard stealth part, less wall hacking AIs.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

God, why did they use the same music? lol
They could've made some scary variations of music for that snow level, why the hell did they have to use COD4 shat?

The game looks good but the music did NOT fit the scenery/level at all.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

do you guys find that the MODERN WARFARE setting makes all the weapons feel overpowered giving making all the weapons more generic. This is just my quick perception of the weapons in COD4 from the breif demo so don't go mwntal at my observation lol
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

if what your trying to say is,"The weapons in MW and MW2 are too powerful" then the devs are doing the right thing. I'm pretty sure if anyone here got hit by any of the rifles in both games, their going out for the count for good.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

it's not so much that but it's that by overpowering all of them they all feel so samey and generic
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

You should obviously drop the turbo controller and use an M-14 or G3.

They are adding a Survival type mode (think GoW2 Horde of L4D Survival). Co-op story mode is going to be there too.
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

Hmmm ala Black hawk downish. should be interesting
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Hey have you heard anything about a mode like Nazi Zombies for MW2? Obviously that was pretty popular for a lot of people so you'd think it would make a return. Of course it wouldn't be "nazi" zombies because this is set in a post-nazi world so they might have terrorist zombie mode or something I can just envision how that would turn out :lol:
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

You realize a different studio is making this game? They took "Call of Duty" out of it, as a punch in the face to Treyarch. I doubt they will be making anything similar.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Yeah mate I do realise that but the games in the past have been pretty similar in terms of features for example WaW was pretty much MW in WW2

Return to “The Games”