GT academy ps3

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
gemic
Ricer
Ricer

GT academy ps3

Post by gemic »

Anyone tried out the demo? I think the graphics are awesome.

Only tried the stock car and did a 1.58. Dam its hard with a gamedpad :P
gemic
Ricer
Ricer

Re: GT academy ps3

Post by gemic »

Can't find a place to change the steering sensitivity for gamepad, anyone?
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Pretty sure the steering sensitivity can't be changed. I agree the racing tyres seem to exaggerate your steering movements a bit.

I'm also using a gamepad to play the game, so already at a disadvantage to wheel users (who can turn off TCS). Currently I'm sitting at #114 in my country:

GTP_jacoja06

Normal car: 1'50.986
Tuned car: 1'38.146
Total: 3'29.132

Those top runners are very hard to keep up with. My goal at least is to beat Yamauchi's overall time of 3'27.309.
Shouldn't be too hard, since I can spot the areas of the track where I'm going wrong. :P

Apart from that, I find the demo enjoyable. The new collision physics are nice, and the Road tyres have a very realistic feel to them.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

the demo is more improved then gt5p, the sounds are way better, now all the game needs is skidmarks and also being able 2 do a burnout. I was also expecting damage but its not in there. They have to be improving it

Have you guys noticed how slippery these cars are. Dang i wish i could take TC off the stock Z and slide it around the traack
Instagram @SupraHKS
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Don't know why anyone would be expecting damage. It is still in development, and is completely useless for a time trial demo like this. There will be too many 10 year-olds crashing the car on the first corner, over, and over. Belongs in Burnout, not GT.

I don't find the cars very slippery, but the bloody grass is! Get one wheel on the green stuff, and it's game over.
gemic
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gemic »

Yes the grass is like ice, and if you just touch it your ....... I don't think the cars are slippery, they just oversteer a bit much, and its almost impossibly to countersteer when you step on the throttle out of a corner.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

do you guys have a wheel, im using Dualshock3 controller, i also take TC off, i have not spun out before but the car tends to slide a little
Instagram @SupraHKS
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

The greatest amount of time lost during a fast lap (for me) is in the 'S' section of the track. Tricky without TCS whilst using a DS3 controller. Wasting a moment on wheelspin usually ends up damaging the laptime by tenths of a second.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Good demo.. been playing it for a couple of days now, managed to get 1'38.577 with the tuned car (gamepad), haven't played with the stock one yet.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

1:37.3xx with the tuned car and a fairly slow 1:50.1xx with the stock one. I find the stock car barely driveable with the Dualshock, the tuned one is a bit better.
rapunzel
Stock
Stock

Post by rapunzel »

i have not yet tried... and how is the appearance????????

Return to “The Games”