Episodes From Liberty City Coming to PC and PS3

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Episodes From Liberty City Coming to PC and PS3

Post by ElvenAvenger »

yeah, like in topic name, 2 addons (The Lost And Damned, Ballad of the Gay Tony) are coming to PC and PS3, does anyone else wait for it, or no one plays GTA 4 on those platforms? Do you think they will give the PC some better optimized code or will it be a bad port like GTA 4?
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Re: Episodes From Liberty City Coming to PC and PS3

Post by jacoja06 »

Jeez... It’s about time Microsoft stopped brown-nosing Rockstar. Finally I’ll be able to listen to some new radio stations.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I sold my PS3 version of GTAIV because I got incredibly bored by it. And to be honest the DLC didn't make me want to switch to the 360 (aka "The Dark Side") version because GTAIV was an incredibly overrated game just as it was.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

im interested in this, you wont even need the disk copy of the original GTA IV to get em. i just hope the loost and the damned wont have that grainy texture like the 360 version did
Instagram @SupraHKS
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Zotic+ wrote:im interested in this, you wont even need the disk copy of the original GTA IV to get em. i just hope the loost and the damned wont have that grainy texture like the 360 version did
the PC version should have graphics like PC version of Gta 4, and PS3 ver should have PS3 graphics, so if those dont have grainy textures then the addons shouldnt too. but then i didnt play 360 version ..
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

ElvenAvenger wrote:
Zotic+ wrote:im interested in this, you wont even need the disk copy of the original GTA IV to get em. i just hope the loost and the damned wont have that grainy texture like the 360 version did
the PC version should have graphics like PC version of Gta 4, and PS3 ver should have PS3 graphics, so if those dont have grainy textures then the addons shouldnt too. but then i didnt play 360 version ..
well look at the ign review of the lost and the damned. they talk about the grainy textures being a flaw in the game. it was only in the damned version not the BOGT
Instagram @SupraHKS
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Zotic+ wrote:
ElvenAvenger wrote:
well look at the ign review of the lost and the damned. they talk about the grainy textures being a flaw in the game. it was only in the damned version not the BOGT
one of things that im not happy about with those addons is that they dont require GTA 4 and because of that they dont really "ADD" the content to GTA 4, you need to play TBOGT to get all the stuff at once, so you are limited to that main character there, and cant hang out with friends that Niko had(obviously).
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

for me, i dont really mind i never really hung out with my friends on the original gta 4 in the first place lol. Anyways I never really owned gta 4, i just jacked it from my friend. im sorta excited for this to come out actually i havent played gta 4 for a while. I just recently got a 20 dolar PS card to get this.(hopefully my sis wont find it and use it for LBP :lol: #-o )
Instagram @SupraHKS
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Zotic+ wrote:for me, i dont really mind i never really hung out with my friends on the original gta 4 in the first place lol. Anyways I never really owned gta 4, i just jacked it from my friend. im sorta excited for this to come out actually i havent played gta 4 for a while. I just recently got a 20 dolar PS card to get this.(hopefully my sis wont find it and use it for LBP :lol: #-o )
well, they delayed it until 16th april for Europe and 13th April for America, but that really put me off. wanted to buy it for Easter, or my birthday at 1st april, and i got screwed over. then just after 16th april i have some important exams, and generally wont have time to try it out even if i could buy it. really feels bad, man.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

ElvenAvenger wrote:
Zotic+ wrote:for me, i dont really mind i never really hung out with my friends on the original gta 4 in the first place lol. Anyways I never really owned gta 4, i just jacked it from my friend. im sorta excited for this to come out actually i havent played gta 4 for a while. I just recently got a 20 dolar PS card to get this.(hopefully my sis wont find it and use it for LBP :lol: #-o )
well, they delayed it until 16th april for Europe and 13th April for America, but that really put me off. wanted to buy it for Easter, or my birthday at 1st april, and i got screwed over. then just after 16th april i have some important exams, and generally wont have time to try it out even if i could buy it. really feels bad, man.
#-o really, the 30th is when spring break starts for me... !@#$
Instagram @SupraHKS
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Zotic+ wrote:
ElvenAvenger wrote:
#-o really, the 30th is when spring break starts for me... !@#$
better hide your PS card well.. :D
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

oh its hidden in one of my games my sis would ever touch...burnout paradise :lol: i hope i dont forget though :lol:
Instagram @SupraHKS
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Zotic+ wrote:oh its hidden in one of my games my sis would ever touch...burnout paradise :lol: i hope i dont forget though :lol:
:lol: fixed
anyway, anyone getting this on PC? im interested in playing multiplayer early after its launch with some of you guys(on PC, obviously) before any cheats are invented or people start using simple native trainer on every free mode room. oh, yeah, preferably some messing around on free mode, going to weird places like roof tops, trying to get into weird places on foot by moving trash containers into different places etc.

EDIT: damn, now that i saw your post about grainy textures in TLAD again, i remember i read somewhere that grainy textures were there on purpose for the atmosphere of the game. so we will probably get them everywhere else.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

ElvenAvenger wrote:
Zotic+ wrote:oh its hidden in one of my games my sis would ever touch...burnout paradise :lol: i hope i dont forget though :lol:
:lol: fixed
anyway, anyone getting this on PC? im interested in playing multiplayer early after its launch with some of you guys(on PC, obviously) before any cheats are invented or people start using simple native trainer on every free mode room. oh, yeah, preferably some messing around on free mode, going to weird places like roof tops, trying to get into weird places on foot by moving trash containers into different places etc.

EDIT: damn, now that i saw your post about grainy textures in TLAD again, i remember i read somewhere that grainy textures were there on purpose for the atmosphere of the game. so we will probably get them everywhere else.
yeah i saw that in the ign video review, but they said it wouldve been better if they didnt have it, it was like the only bad part of the game
Instagram @SupraHKS
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Useful info:
Episodes... are supposed to be optimized better than GTA 4 is, with reworked shadow system( way more quality, but also more resource hungry shadow options) modified Graphic options along with some optimization tweaks, mainly resource usage fixes. What's more, GTA 4 is going to get a 6th patch which contains those fixes, and said patch is already released. You can download it through GFWL Live, and external links. the update also fixes bunch of bugs like shadows acting weird(Driver shadow appearing while driving in a car) and some other issues. Also, Moon is added complete with lunar phases. :lol:

Here are official patch notes:
The PC release of Episodes from Liberty City includes a host of game, performance, and visual improvements over the core Grand Theft Auto IV release, details of which can be found below. Rockstar Games will release a title update (1.0.6.0) for owners of the original Grand Theft Auto IV for PC on April 13 that includes all of the enhancements found in Episodes from Liberty City. This title update will also allow users to purchase The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony through the Games for Windows-LIVE Marketplace.

Enhancements in Episodes from Liberty City PC include:

Rockstar Games Social Club

* Remove Rockstar Games Social Club application
* Separate RGSC application no longer required to launch game
* Social Club login now occurs during the launch process

Shadows

* A new, less memory-intensive, and better-looking scalable shadow solution has been implemented
* Enhanced Night Shadows added with user-selectable level of detail (replaces Shadow Density)

Performance

* Rendering optimizations have been made to improve performance, particularly when enabling shadows
* User-configurable graphics settings have been added for shadow control

Benchmarking

* New system-intensive benchmarks have been added under the Graphics menu
* User gameplay captures can now be used for benchmarking using the command line

Multiplayer

* Enhanced security to isolate users from cheaters and hackers

Bug Fixes

* Vehicle shadows re-enabled between 8pm and 6am
* Fix floating street textures
* Pedestrians in vehicles appear further out from the player to allow for long range sniping
* The Moon has been implemented with simulated lunar phases
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

downloadin mine right now
Instagram @SupraHKS
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Right...
first i wait for 30th march, delayed. OK
i wait again, this time for 16th april.
its 16th april, afternoon. and what happens? shop owner is not sure if they are going to get EFLC today. :evil:
seems like im doomed to wait forever eh :lol:

Edit: Doh. Publisher officially says that EFLC is in shops in whole country. Now, i searched through every possible shop that could have it and there was not even a single copy. now i have to wait till monday. thats what happens when you try to be smart and buy it cheaper in a shop, without delivery costs, instead of paying for pre-order and delivery.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

dude bogt was soooooo worth the money... i beat it in one day, considering the fact i stood up till 3 in the morning lol.
Instagram @SupraHKS
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Got it. Played TLaD so far, gonna finish it and then take care of TBoGT. Im so hooked now...anyone drag me away from the PC? :lol:
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

ElvenAvenger wrote:Got it. Played TLaD so far, gonna finish it and then take care of TBoGT. Im so hooked now...anyone drag me away from the PC? :lol:
ssoooo funny, the day after i beat i got grounded and got my ps3 taken away lol, atleast i beat it. :mrgreen:
Instagram @SupraHKS
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Zotic+ wrote:
ElvenAvenger wrote:Got it. Played TLaD so far, gonna finish it and then take care of TBoGT. Im so hooked now...anyone drag me away from the PC? :lol:
ssoooo funny, the day after i beat i got grounded and got my ps3 taken away lol, atleast i beat it. :mrgreen:
:( playing TBoGT right now, just that i had a hard time steering the Buzzard, especially shooting while flying at the same time. its either WSAD + Left Mouse Button + numpad 8462 which equals "so damn slow that you will get shot down before you start shooting" or WSAD + Left Mouse Button + moving the mouse around which equals "you shoot fast but now it takes years before you finally hit them." does anyone have any good key binds for keyboard so i can fly the buzzard and attack stuff at the same time effectively?
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

ElvenAvenger wrote:
Zotic+ wrote:
:( playing TBoGT right now, just that i had a hard time steering the Buzzard, especially shooting while flying at the same time. its either WSAD + Left Mouse Button + numpad 8462 which equals "so damn slow that you will get shot down before you start shooting" or WSAD + Left Mouse Button + moving the mouse around which equals "you shoot fast but now it takes years before you finally hit them." does anyone have any good key binds for keyboard so i can fly the buzzard and attack stuff at the same time effectively?
well if u have a ps3 controller u can hook it up to ur {C, thats what i do for some emulations
Instagram @SupraHKS
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Got a good config. Left Shift for rockets and Left Control for miniguns. now i can fly around while blowing stuff up.

anyway, im going for 100% in TBoGT. now gotta win at pool, darts, take friends into every possible place and do the base jumps. gonna be my first 100% in a GTA :D
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

ElvenAvenger wrote:Got a good config. Left Shift for rockets and Left Control for miniguns. now i can fly around while blowing stuff up.

anyway, im going for 100% in TBoGT. now gotta win at pool, darts, take friends into every possible place and do the base jumps. gonna be my first 100% in a GTA :D
i wanna get to level 10 online but i gotta get my grades up first, pretty good motivation to work hard eh?
Instagram @SupraHKS
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Zotic+ wrote:
ElvenAvenger wrote:Got a good config. Left Shift for rockets and Left Control for miniguns. now i can fly around while blowing stuff up.

i wanna get to level 10 online but i gotta get my grades up first, pretty good motivation to work hard eh?
lolz, before it would motivate me but now its just annoying me, its like:
learn for the test then you can play more etc.(i had some important test)
now its after the test, and what? now get your grades up then you can play more. :? there's always more to do.

EDIT: Got 100% completion in TBoGT 8)

Return to “The Games”