Colin McRae 04 WIP thread by UrQuattro (56k Warning) - *DONE

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

Hi there, UrQuattro..., I have a question for u...
Can I know where u learn all those Photoshop skills from??
Your work of art truely amaze me... :shock:
Do u take Photoshop classes or do u learn all by yourself??
Maybe u can suggest a few good sites where I can learn Photoshop...
I'm getting more interested in using photoshop now so I hope u can provide me some info...
Thanx...

As always.., Great work there on those Group B cars... :wink:
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

@hansip - just use your own judgement - if in game there is no shadow through - than just leave it original.

@xxx - I learned it myself some 4 years ago, w/o tutorials, just you know, doing a presentation, trying to make a background, than using effects, experimenting. I worked later in advertising as well, and used it a lot, but my knowledge is limited (trust me!) and all is self taught.

@ GROUP B

I have taken the Lancia 037, the RWD beast and it's a great and entertaining drive. I really like it and it's right on the pace with the other 4WD cars imo. So I made some skins.

1. Marlboro/Shell - this is my own design, using todays Marlboro livery. So it's a mix of a little of Ferrari, a little of Peugoet marlboro, and some retro themes, like the rims. I really like this skin/ put my last name as a signatrue on the intake box ;)

2. Lancia Martini Racing - this is the skin they shuold have put into the game! :evil: but since they haven't, I fixed the 'mistake'. So full Martini livery, just like in the days of great late Henry Toivonen.

- Full martini stripes
- New wheels
- new front bumper grill
are just some of the changes ;)

So I think I need to tweak the RS200, than adjust RS1600 to make it closer to the RS1800 (Mikkola livery). Think after that, I'll be zipping the Group B mod and WRC mods and putting them up for DL (@ BHMotorsports and Edgegame Racing)

leave some comments! :wink:
Attachments
Martini Lancia 037.jpg
(207.29 KiB) Downloaded 15116 times
lanciaMy desigh.jpg
(246.59 KiB) Downloaded 15116 times
KekumRulez
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KekumRulez »

:D :D the bodys in "lanciaMy desigh.jpg" in the bottom just look soooo real!
To be honest, can't wait till it is available to DL! :D :D

What will the approx zipfile-size be?
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

one car is about 2MB...

Some in game pictures... :)
Attachments
Lancia 037 132.jpg
(156.69 KiB) Downloaded 15109 times
Preview 4_snakk.jpg
(96.99 KiB) Downloaded 15108 times
hansip87
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

This is my first try.....

Post by hansip87 »

Well, actually.. I edited other's skin from http://www.bhmotorsports.com . I just try to make it looks more detailed.. Of course this is not yours,UrQuattro. Don't angry will ya... hehehe... :lol: Just kidding...
this is Peugeot 206 WRC skin...
What do u think?
Attachments
P206.jpg
Peugeot 206 WRC skin 2003
(187.15 KiB) Downloaded 15095 times
hansip87
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

The link for download my skin...

Post by hansip87 »

For download the files, Here's the link...
http://f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/hansip87
I don't know if it's gonna work.... i'm being in first time to use Yahoo!Briefcase... I hope u can download it...
hansip87
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

Nice and detailed, it sure needs the extra stickers... I know it isn't mine, I have none of mine submitted. But right away there is a problem with it - look at the wheels - It's obvious everyone is using that guys template (i know that guy). It's blue/green on the lug nut area, lol... Shouldn't be... And beacause it's a Rally DeCatalunya skin, it's gonna look very wierd in... anywhere but Spain ;) It's nice, but because it isn't yours, I can't really compliement you man, yuo know? Make something your own, that's much harder, and yuo'll learn photoshop a lot. Good luck.
hansip87
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Yeah.... thx a lot urQuattro

Post by hansip87 »

Yeah... It's not mine... I appreciate your opinion, UrQuattro... Thx... Hey, about the wheels, Is it the one drawn on 206Bod.dds? I'll edit it later...
Well, about Photoshop.. I can do that... i just don't have much time to do a lot of that... So, I download his then just add some detail in it... Thx again urQuattro..
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

wheels are in bod file. compare them - the original have like rusty look inside, that's all.

I've finished this Lancia the other day.
Attachments
037LanciaECV.jpg
(187.75 KiB) Downloaded 15079 times
hansip87
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

My Lancer..

Post by hansip87 »

Hello, UrQuattro... BTW, I've made 100% my own skin... this is Lancer 2002/2003 Marlboro that used by Tommi Makinen. Well, I picked this because in http://www.bhmotorsports.com , The decals is the 2004 skin, But the car is only in 2002/2003. So I decided to create this...
Attachments
lcr2003.jpg
Hem... Any comment?
(175.06 KiB) Downloaded 15066 times
KekumRulez
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KekumRulez »

You did a nice job, hansip
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

good job. Work on the hood/fender stripe overlap, and the roof vents aren't gray. The Marlboro signs have second class stamp on them. Search for a marlboro font, it's available online in on many sites and use that, because now it looks too blurry. Same goes for the logo on the trunk. Iron those things out, and it will be great skin. Good job overall. I've started it and never finished, got carried away. This is the only skin that fits the lancer here, so i'm glad you are going with it. Good luck.
hansip87
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Uhmm... Which part is roof scoop?

Post by hansip87 »

Can u help me with the lancer, UrQuattro? I can't find roof scoop texture in it... Or, silly me?Which part is it? And, about the overlap.. I've tried to stretch the line, but It didn't worked out.. Still wrecked in overlapped part.. Thx
hansip87
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

roof scoop is a little gray thing in the bottom left half of the template, somewhere near the arches. Look for anything that's gray (?).

And overlap was waht pissed me off and made me drop it altogethere. So you are on your own there. Just keep adjusting, saving, preview, and so on. Eventually they should line up!
hansip87
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Lancer overlap

Post by hansip87 »

Hem... I'm Tired of trying but the last time i found that the black part of stripes was already aligned just the gray and white stripes still left over... Maybe Next time..
Last edited by hansip87 on 12 May 2004, 04:42, edited 1 time in total.
hansip87
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

This is my current Peugeot.

Post by hansip87 »

Hem... This is my latest Peugeot 206 WRC... Still have some problem with the front lamp lids ( White stripes besides the lamp). Some improvement i made is:
- Better Marlboro liveries
- Better Red colored interior
- No green wheels inside..:-)

So, what do u think? Comment would be appreciated..
Attachments
ingame1.jpg
(197.19 KiB) Downloaded 15117 times
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

i just got CMR04 today.. by the way does neone play that online?
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

Much Better. Good job Hansip.
exonn
Professional
Professional

Post by exonn »

ok, need some help.....
what program are you using to import/export skins?

and where they are?
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

????Arrow????
Stock
Stock

Re: This is my current Peugeot.

Post by ????Arrow???? »

hansip87 wrote:Hem... This is my latest Peugeot 206 WRC... Still have some problem with the front lamp lids ( White stripes besides the lamp). Some improvement i made is:
- Better Marlboro liveries
- Better Red colored interior
- No green wheels inside..:-)

So, what do u think? Comment would be appreciated..
Where is the link to THIS ONE? 8)
It looks nice! :wink:
????Arrow????
Stock
Stock

Re:

Post by ????Arrow???? »

UrQuattro wrote:@hansip - just use your own judgement - if in game there is no shadow through - than just leave it original.

@xxx - I learned it myself some 4 years ago, w/o tutorials, just you know, doing a presentation, trying to make a background, than using effects, experimenting. I worked later in advertising as well, and used it a lot, but my knowledge is limited (trust me!) and all is self taught.

@ GROUP B

I have taken the Lancia 037, the RWD beast and it's a great and entertaining drive. I really like it and it's right on the pace with the other 4WD cars imo. So I made some skins.

1. Marlboro/Shell - this is my own design, using todays Marlboro livery. So it's a mix of a little of Ferrari, a little of Peugoet marlboro, and some retro themes, like the rims. I really like this skin/ put my last name as a signatrue on the intake box ;)

2. Lancia Martini Racing - this is the skin they shuold have put into the game! :evil: but since they haven't, I fixed the 'mistake'. So full Martini livery, just like in the days of great late Henry Toivonen.

- Full martini stripes
- New wheels
- new front bumper grill
are just some of the changes ;)

So I think I need to tweak the RS200, than adjust RS1600 to make it closer to the RS1800 (Mikkola livery). Think after that, I'll be zipping the Group B mod and WRC mods and putting them up for DL (@ BHMotorsports and Edgegame Racing)

leave some comments! :wink:

Need to download this ones NOW! Please post a link! [-o<

Return to “The Games”