Cop mode in TDU2: Eden answer to HP 2010?

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.

Cop mode in TDU2?

Natural evolution of a racing game
25%
Eden "pokes" EA in the "eye"
25%
All of the above
50%

Total votes: 8

oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Cop mode in TDU2: Eden answer to HP 2010?

Post by oshaylinux »

Chase – TDU2’s nod to Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit is more than just a nod. Group up with a few other players and smash into one of the NPC police cars patrolling the island. Raise your violation level enough and you’ll trigger a chase. Your group will split up into cops and criminals teams, and things play out predictably – cops win if they stop the criminals, criminals win if they ward off the cops long enough. The chase plays out in traffic, and cops have an EMP pulse and some specialized cars to aid their task.
http://www.tentonhammer.com/tdu2/previews/multiplayer

i chose all of the above.
LITE992
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Cop mode in TDU2: Eden answer to HP 2010?

Post by LITE992 »

Seems like a bad imitation
_BLAHHEAD_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by _BLAHHEAD_ »

TDU2 sucks in comparison to Hot Pursuit. Why? It tries too hard to not be a racing game. Like why would I want to play poker to win a car? I'll rather drive to win a car because you're supposed to drive in a racing game and not play cards! BTW, Dodge Charger and Viper police cars equals fail, cause it's in Europe! Use BMWs'- oh wait, they don't have that- Mercedes or something!

/rant

Yeah, so pretty much what LITE992 said.
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

Well, i look at it like this, there are many, just racing, racing games on the market. tdu and tdu 2 allows players to create a virtual life within the game with racing at it's heart. the variety that tdu 2 offers, will keep it fresh and add many many years to it's longevity. from all i've read and seen and my personal experience with nfs franchise, tells me hp 2010 has a very limited lifespan.
_BLAHHEAD_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by _BLAHHEAD_ »

You want something with freedom and longevity? Get Minecraft, or a valve game, or a blizzard game, not this crap. And with racing at heart? The commercials so more more virtual gambling than cars! Sorry, but the first one was crap due to pretty much anything relating to driving/ racing (Terrible physics, terrible engine sounds, terrible controls), so will this. Buy Sims 3 instead if you want a virtual life.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

i want TDU2, it looks like its going to be like burnout paradise, i remember those days when everyone played burnout online and everyone just chilled in a romm and messed around. it was fun, but now the games a little dead.
Instagram @SupraHKS
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

At first i was happy to see TDU2 but then i saw the carlist, all the gambling sims shiznit and i decided it was not worth it.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

ElvenAvenger wrote:At first i was happy to see TDU2 but then i saw the carlist, all the gambling sims shiznit and i decided it was not worth it.
carlist is small but the game is still fun
Instagram @SupraHKS
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Carlist is pretty small compared to sim racers, but it's a decent list, it's still a bigger list then NFS HP.

TDU had cops in it also so why not TDU2? sure EA came with HP this year (well last year but ok)

You can't compare it to NFS HP.

and _BLAHHEAD_, you're a tool, as simple as that, you are talking about wrong physics in TDU, ever played HP?
It's the biggest joke in terms of driving physics, you can't get it more arcade than that.

I was so looking forward to NFS HP, back to the roots, but man was it a disapointment, played the demo, didn't like it but to make sure it wasn't a waste of money I played the full game at a friends house.... and it still the driving sucked, so luckely I didn't buy it.

TDU 2, does have it's flaws and it's far from perfect, it's missing a lot of cool cars like Lamborghini, Maserati, Porsche BMW, but on the other hand it got some cool other cars like the ATOM, Caterham, Ascari Spyker and more.

I personally like the fact that you are a 'real" person and you can interact with other players and such, sure it's a mix between the sims and a racing game but I like it, it's something different then the same old system of need to win races to progress in a game and nothing more.
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Post by [T][U][N][3][R] »

Cop mode fails hard. I don't own TDU2 so I can't play MP but I've tried it in beta and it's awful.

Besides catching another player being impossible when I actually did get next to a player (he was AFK or something) (and this happened several times) we would just sit there bumping our cars and nothing happened.

Emm... what am I suppose to vote?
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

[T][U][N][3][R] wrote:Cop mode fails hard. I don't own TDU2 so I can't play MP but I've tried it in beta and it's awful.

Besides catching another player being impossible when I actually did get next to a player (he was AFK or something) (and this happened several times) we would just sit there bumping our cars and nothing happened.

offline cop modes SUCKS but when you do an online chase they are really fun.

TDU2 is like Sims and GT5 had a baby. btw ive been playing tdu2 alot, but then i popped in GT5, OMG the difference in draphics is astonishing. I forgot how beatiful GT5 is
Instagram @SupraHKS
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Zotic+ wrote:
[T][U][N][3][R] wrote:Cop mode fails hard. I don't own TDU2 so I can't play MP but I've tried it in beta and it's awful.

offline cop modes SUCKS but when you do an online chase they are really fun.

TDU2 is like Sims and GT5 had a baby. btw ive been playing tdu2 alot, but then i popped in GT5, OMG the difference in draphics is astonishing. I forgot how beatiful GT5 is
Actually it's more like Sims and GT5 got married but GT5 started cheating on Sims with Big Rigs, Crashday and a s*itload of other bad racing games... conceiving a child with one of them. Lol.

Didn't even know you have cop chases (as cop) in offline, but tbh cops are so hard to weewee off I haven't actually engaged in more than one chase...
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

HAHA LOL

GT5 does look good, if you race with a premium car on a premium track, if you use a recycled non premium car and track that got the same treatment as the non premium cars, then I could do nothing more then cry, NFS Underground had better carmodels then the standard cars from GT5.
GT5 premium cars are really astonishing, nothing less then that, but anything not premium is just not worth looking at....

GFX wise I don't think Eden did a bad job at all, considering the massive amount of roads and land the game has, have to say even though they didn't chance Hawaii much it did give a more tropical feel then it did in TDU, Ibiza does give a nice Mediterranean feel also.

Copmode, also didn't know it had a offline mode, but online, hadn't tested it very well only been cop 2 times, and was pretty hard to even keep up.
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

TheStig wrote: GFX wise I don't think Eden did a bad job at all, considering the massive amount of roads and land the game has, have to say even though they didn't chance Hawaii much it did give a more tropical feel then it did in TDU, Ibiza does give a nice Mediterranean feel also..
The GFX aren't bad... I know it but. Am I the only one who has the feeling that they are a bit umm... incomplete? :-/

IDK maybe it's just my imagination after getting used to NFSHP's graphics...

Anyway the yacht things where you park your car and stuff are awesome. And the houses are great too if you leave 'em default :P
Last edited by [T][U][N][3][R] on 27 Feb 2011, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I know what you mean, NFS HP's GFX does look nice and polished, TDU2 does have it's share of rough edges etc, but it doesn't really bother me, if it had a small world it would bother me, because they could have made it all much smoother, but on a scale like this, it's not bad, even nice GFX is always better of course :D
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

TheStig wrote:I know what you mean, NFS HP's GFX does look nice and polished, TDU2 does have it's share of rough edges etc, but it doesn't really bother me, if it had a small world it would bother me, because they could have made it all much smoother, but on a scale like this, it's not bad, even nice GFX is always better of course :D
Nah it's not that the world looks fine, Hawaii looks a bit uhh ''copied'', I doubt they changed it from TDU1...

The cars have something about them that doesn't look that good... I think it's the sky reflection.

Return to “The Games”