Test drive unlimited

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Test drive unlimited

Post by RedCarDriver »

race_invader wrote:BMW for well BMW lovers.. This is not made by BasBas2004 the creator of the R8. :)
----

(images)

----

If my Zmodeler was updated with the TDU filters etc i would be doing this too so damn! to Zmodeler. :lol:
Can't you just download the filters? If you have Zmodeler 2 you could do this... if not and you're lazy and cheap like me (too much so to buy Zmodeler 2), nevermind...
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Nope can't download the filters ive tried copying the filter from zmodeler2 etc into my one. Doesn't matter though im working on a car for TDU now, Zmodeler site has a test model Alfa_Gt which can be used into the demo Zmodeler which has the filters, then it can export it in the TDU format. I cant import though... Thats how the guy who is doing the BMW is doing it hence why that is over the Alfa_GT. :D So really anyone who downloads the test Alfa_GT and the Zmodeler 2 demo can make cars for TDU still.. Just can't change the car what it replaces.. seeing zmodeler2 can't import unless its brought.
---------------

Update!: My TDU car project and learner car for Zmodeler. :D I've done alot since last night.

jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

jacoja06 wrote:I've always considered buying this game for my new PC... but, considering it's a MOOR game, I've been worried about the lack of people still playing it online. So how many people still actually play online? I don't want to pay $60 to drive around in a ghost town #-o .
This question was directed to anyone who plays TDU on the PC. Anyone... I really don't mind.
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

Ever thought about doing rfactor race_invader? alot of the best modding teams need a 3d moddler now.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

jacoja06 wrote:
jacoja06 wrote:I've always considered buying this game for my new PC... but, considering it's a MOOR game, I've been worried about the lack of people still playing it online. So how many people still actually play online? I don't want to pay $60 to drive around in a ghost town #-o .
This question was directed to anyone who plays TDU on the PC. Anyone... I really don't mind.
Yes. a decent amount of people still play online, though not nearly as many as there used to be... you still shouldn't have any problems finding people to race against, although they're either going to be really good, or complete n00bs, so I suggest you get your skill up fast. :lol:

There's always something you can do in this game though, whether it's just trying to get new cars, or trying new driving styles or different locations. I just picked up drifting. :wink:
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

donaldgladden wrote:Ever thought about doing rfactor race_invader? alot of the best modding teams need a 3d moddler now.
Nah, that game doesn't interest me. The graphics etc are pretty bad, if Live for speed allowed user addons etc, i would do stuff for that. And TDU is open world so ive taken good interest in it seeing that i can add cars (not custom textures sadly) and drive my favorite cars around. :) Ive stoped with the Civic it has some bad problems with it texture wise, still be moving onto a different car, don't know what car at the moment though.

These are another car ive tried and played around with. :P

RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

race_invader wrote:IMAGE REMOVED.... how hard is it to remove something when you qoute, or even better why qoute when it's the previos post
Looks great man, that's probably more than I could do. If there's one area in modding I'm not good with it's modeling :lol:
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

:lol: I learned in 2 days... or at least got the model in 1 day, then learned textures the next day. :) Its sad though people cannot add custom textures, cause the way that BMW is how people have to play it. Thats why i haven't released it cause it looks well plain without custom textures.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

race_invader wrote::lol: I learned in 2 days... or at least got the model in 1 day, then learned textures the next day. :) Its sad though people cannot add custom textures, cause the way that BMW is how people have to play it. Thats why i haven't released it cause it looks well plain without custom textures.
So no-one has figured out how texture mapping works for this game?!?

(then again I guess if they had by now I'd know about it :lol: )
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Yep, i would say so. oleg creator i believe of Zmodeler said that djey (creator of TDU Modding Tools) will be updating his tool to fix this problem something like that, at least it will be fixed later on seeing cars are possible in TDU. :)

Btw to anyone who wants to try my BETA Corvette C6R, here it is. :)
--------------------------------------------------------------

BETA Chevrolet Corvette C6R
(Replaces the Corvette C6 Convertible)

Instruction's:
Download the file, and extract it in the next folder and replace the file.

Backup first the file's!

Download location,
C:\Program Files\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\Vehicules.

-----------

Creator: tool831 (race_invader)

Download
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

is there any way to modify the paint or create your own? I'd love to have Team Phoenix gmac paintjob on it. That is straight sexy =P~ .
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Nope sorry, cannot add vinyls etc.. sad i know.
-----------------

Chevrolet Corvette C6R V1.0 (Replaces the Corvette C6 convertible)

Creator: tool831

Features:

*Working rear lights
*Front/Rear lights Glare
*'C6R' name replacing 'C6 Convertible'
*The C6R model (of course)

Megapack owners can use this car only, unless non megapack owners replace it with the C6 or Z06.

________

________

Problems i can & can't fix:

*Gaps between the doors and dash (not huge, so doesn't need to be fixed)
*Shadow of the wheels (I can fix this later on)
*Interior view when looking behind is missing the back of the car interior, this is what i get for replacing a Convertible, not a big problem. You can if you want the back place this car over the Z06 or C6.

Warning: I have know idea if this well get you banned online.

___

Download!
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

Wow I go away for a few weeks......well months and the mods are rollin in!!! even more reason to love this game:) Any chance of a RX 7 being made? [-o<
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Rx7? I had the thought of it but i might do it later on.. Depends on interior is willing to work for me. :lol: Its very hard doing car mods specially with interiors.
----

http://forum.tdu-central.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64 <<< Best place to go.. This tells you released cars and Beta's also WIP. Alot of cars have been done, btw if you wanna know what im doing my user name on there is 'tool831'
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

What ive been working on.

RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Not to bog you down with requests too badly (wow, you're tackling some pretty ambitious projects here), but would it be possible to add a license plate to the F40 and/or make the CCR's headlights and trim have a carbon-fiber texture instead of the chrome one (CCX mod-ish)? (and yes, I've tried the Koenigsegg CCR -> CCX thing with textures already...)

Great work by the way, the GT-R is looking great and Project Solo is... amazing. :shock:
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Yes that would be easy doing the CCR trim to carbon.. Not so sure about headlights though. Ah yes 'Project solo' that is getting alot of attention, not much updates seeing im still editing and repairing models etc.. but i will get there :P
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

@ Race_Invader:

ZOMG THE CARRERA GT LOOKS AWESOME, thank you so much, I'm downloading it right now. The Farboud is a good choice because you can replace all of the badges and names in-game without affecting anything else (Farboud is a one-car-per-brand brand) - the same thing applies to Ascari and a few others, FYI. Also, I'm willing to help you by making a Carrera GT sound-mod and set of rims for the Farboud, are you interested?
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Im also doing a sound mod, and creating the rims for it already.. So don't worry ive got my team members helping out too.. So thanks for asking but i don't need help. :) (Hope that didn't come out mean)
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

race_invader wrote:Im also doing a sound mod, and creating the rims for it already.. So don't worry ive got my team members helping out too.. So thanks for asking but i don't need help. :) (Hope that didn't come out mean)
No problem. One other comment: the Carrera GT works near-perfectly on the Edonis (the performance matches much better too), and I use it instead of BasBas's Veyron (the Veyron doesn't really work on my computer). Also, if you want to do a second Evo or a Subaru or something, some of the Audis work great (they're Class E, 4wd, and have about the right about of HP).
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

My latest creation.. 8)
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Lamborghini LP560-4

(Version 1/Low poly Interior)

(Megaupload)
Download

(FileFront)
Download

(RapidShare)
Download

Bugs:

1. Multiplayer users the driver comes out of the car when seeing other people with the same car (Can be fixed)

Version 2 will contain high poly working interior etc.. which is reusing the original Gallardo SE interior. It will be released later/soon.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I'm also working on a Lamborghini LP640.

taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

Wish I had TDU installed. The LP560-4 looks tremendous.

Good job. :wink:
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Race Invader, that LP560 looks amazing! It would literally be perfect if you could change the "Lamborghini" handwriting on the rear to a smaller, more accurate position and size. It's much too big.

Awesome job, nonetheless.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Yeah it is abit bigger the original but i wanted it to kinda stick out in pictures, like in the picture i posted it sticks out nicely along with the chrome.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Latest mod, i do have about 19 mods now? :D I think i do.. Well anyway.

If you do wanna see more etc, just come here. http://www.gamevent.co.uk/ its mine and a online mate's website. Not all mods posted there but i will eventually get them all there.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Replaces: Pagani Zonda C12S
Creator: Tool831
---------------------------------------

Do not edit any files or textures.

Do not put on anyother sites without permission.

Do not edit file contents.

Features:

*New Custom Textures!
*High Poly Model
*Custom 'stock' rims
*Opening doors
*Opening windows
*Accurate details
*Moving guages
*Moving gear shifting

(Download Links Here)

===========================================================================================
===============================================================

I've done a Audi R8, there is 4 versions.

(Audi R8 Spoiler Down/Carbon Panels *Version 1*)
(Audi R8 Spoiler Up/Carbon Panels*Version 2*)
(Audi R8 Spoiler Up - Side Panels Painted *Version 3*)
(Audi R8 Spoiler Down - Side Panels Painted *Version 4*)

Some images:

RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Thank you for all of your wonderful work on TDU. It's a freakin shame none of the mods look even halfway good on my PC, due to gfx issues or something :( (it's a problem on my end - everything tends to look worse than the screens)

EDIT (2/23): I see that you are quitting... again ( :? ). Although I know a lot of people are sad to see you quit, I entirely respect your decision and I wish you luck with whatever your next endeavor is. You have made breakthroughs in TDU modding and created new life in a (relatively) old game. Again, thank you for all of your work.

Return to “The Games”