Creative Writing Thread

Everything that has to do with art goes into this board. Post your creations and hear what other people have to say about it!
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Creative Writing Thread

Post by Sir Ibi »

Creative Writing Thread

Welcome to the creative writing thread, where you are free to post short stories, screenplay, poems, lyrics or even your school essay :lol:

Post your work, and share your thoughts on others. Now go and post some stuff :D
mjdude23
Drift King
Drift King

Post by mjdude23 »

I'm about to type my user name with my elbow :lol:
Starting now
mjdude23
OH YEAH :P
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

Are you a moron?
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

I already posted by 20 page story but no one read it.
korge
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

hmm, ye this thread didn't go down to well did it....
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Well, I am currently in the proccess of writing another short novel, so far everyone I showed it to(who read it) loved it.

I am rounding up a gang to start turning it into a mod that will pwn any Tom Clancy game.
korge
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

In English a little while ago my teacher set the class a task that we had to write a story that starts by the character being reminded of a time in the past due to an object etc. Of course I had to write something to do with cars and I though you guys might want to read it. She then told me she gave it a Merit which is above an Achieved.

There may be some points that are unresearched and maybe untrue, but my English teacher was not car smart enough to notice any automotive technical term mistakes or anything.

So here it is :)

RACING TO VICTORY

I walked into my garage to fetch a toolbox. As I retrieved the chrome case and retreated back through the door, I stopped to take a look at my 1993 Nissan Silvia with its giant gold trophy sitting on the roof, hiding in the corner of the massive garage behind an old Datsun. Seeing it there in its race trim with the trophy on top reminded me of a time long ago…

Its do or die time with one hour remaining before my car is required on track. The engine is in a billion pieces sprawled all through the workshop in pit lane, it’s obvious the engine will need to be replaced due to overzealous redlining last session. One very handy worker cleans the mess of what used to resemble a Nissan SR20DE engine as a Nissan RD26DETT from a junkyard GTR Skyline is hauled up on an engine stand waiting to meet its new engine bay. I cut out the engine mounts and resituate them to allow for mounting of the large twin turbo engine going in. The block and internals are mounted with half an hour remaining, while I weld and bolt all the piping, turbos and exhaust systems onto the engine. I then walk around the rear of the car to adjust the potential downforce on the rear wing.

With 15 minutes to go the car is placed onto the chassis dynometer for ECU tuning and power figures. I redline through all the gears getting the dyno rollers spinning incredibly fast. The car outputs a maximum of 320 brake horse power at the rear wheels destroying the cars last record of 180 horses. The car is then tuned so it runs smooth yet fast without detonating. Right on time the car rumbles out of the garage leaving me satisfied that the big hole in my bank account was easily worth it. I settle into the Sparco bucket seat and face the cluster of gauges on the dash and up the pillar.

The grid of 26 cars is arranged finally leaving the organizers happy that the grid order resembles the piece of paper in front of them. The grid count retreats to 25 cars as a Subaru Legacy refuses to start for its annoyed driver and is towed back off to pit lane. Eventually the countdown is initiated and the lights hit green.

I plant the gas and release the clutch while the rear wheels lose all traction they previously had with the battle scarred tarmac. The HSV to my right stand no chance as the Silvia rumbles on past still smoking rubber in second gear. The first bend curves around almost 180 degrees and the Civic in front of me understeers into the sand pit and the Silvia breaks traction once again as I achieve a D1GP winning drift around the corner. The race continues on with the Silvia constantly proving its worth against all of the cars in the field quickly gaining second position with no real threat from the competition, half of which managed to dive into the sand pits or the safety barriers at least once. The car in front , a Toyota Supra is apparently a twin turbo RZ model from the sound of its engine hitting my educated ears. The Supra goes to take the very last remaining corner in the race but the car goes into massive oversteer and the rear wheels take the place of the front wheels quicker than quick.. I pull hard on the wheel to the right and just manage to avoid the Supra which has spun more than 720 degrees by this point.

For the first time in my life I am past that checkered flag with no cars remaining in front of me. The best feeling ever is made even better as a big sum of $10,000 is handed to me in the form of a supersized cheque, along with an expertly designed certificate and a massive gold trophy which I place on the roof of the Silvia, while a liquor fight is initiated.

Remembering that day drives me to open the garage door, remove the trophy from the roof and hop in the Silvia. I turn the key and am pleased to notice that the car still idles perfectly, even after sitting in the garage for so many years hardly touched. I drive the car out of the garage into urban city unwarranted and unregistered…

Leave some C&C please guys assuming this thread isnt too dead right now.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Good story, it was rather entertaining =D>

I can imagine the teacher reading it and going: zomgwtf wtf wtf . . . I'll just give him an A

:P
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

=D> Good, Tunerfreak!
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

2 claps! Thanks guys.

I might write another if I have spare time :)
SomeKindOfMonster
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SomeKindOfMonster »

Good story, reminds me of a short story i wrote back when I was in school (turned out to be 4000+ words) I hope the oil was changed in that silvia before you took it out for a drive :wink:
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Creative Writing Thread

Post by Stereo »

SORRY for reviving this topic, but if I posted a new topic, I'd get moderatoreded. :mrgreen:

I'm in the process of writing a story/short story. I don't know how many chapters or pages I'll have. Some of you might remember it. I fixed it up and made it a lot more interesting. The title is a little sketchy but I'll probably change it. A working title... Some of you might not have the font so I'll post a Times New Roman version.
Attachments
The Dead Beneath Your Feet.doc
(64 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

that's a good beginning :) hope to see more
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Thanks krazy. :) AND I finally finished chapter two. All plans are going well. =) I need suggestions on how to improve the part with the middle school, though. It sounds really boring IMO.
Attachments
The Dead Beneath Your Feet.doc
Chapter two is done! yay.
(72 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Your storyline is extremely gripping, and surprisingly, kept me reading the entire thing. But some constructive criticism would be to use more complex sentences as quite a few of your sentences are too simple, unless you are trying to get some underlying point across by doing that.

Return to “Creativity Board”