Portfolio, surprise..

Everything that has to do with art goes into this board. Post your creations and hear what other people have to say about it!
Lucas_Pukas
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Portfolio, surprise..

Post by Lucas_Pukas »

Okay, hello all etc :]

Today ive started to create my portfolio
yes, im only 16, but is that a reason not to create one?
I mean surely its better to have it done sooner than later and just update it when its needed :D

[clever thinking batman!]

---------

But thats not what this is about!, oh nooo :)
Whilst Im creating my portfolio, i came up with a little 'side idea' as it were :P

anyways...it is A Competition
muahah *shudder*

okay.. rules
  • * Must be at minimum 3 pages [1024 x 768 minimum size]
    * CANNOT use MS Word or any other CHEAP program to create it [lol], we want professionalism!
    * Due date is 3 weeks from now, its a long thing to do blah..
    Thus Making due date 24th July [maybe 23rd, depends whats going on with peoples lives and work loads etc.]
    * MUST be your own personal work featured, no 'team works' etc.
    * I'll allow chops, but 2 at maximum. Imagine the company your trying to sell out to isnt really into chopping and cars. ['cause theyre stupid :lol:]
    * Animations ARE allowed :) but make sure they wont bandwidth rape nfsu.net.
    If you want to use high bandwidth testing animations, host upto imageshack or another imagehost, and provide a link, not a direct post of the image.
    * Good standard of English language is required, remember we're going for realism here.
    * Flash CAN be used, I know some on the forums know their way around it ;) But try to remember half the time a portfolio would be paper based, although CD's are becoming more used.
Top Tips :
  • -- Keep information about your self short and sweet, dont babble on for hours about your home life. Remember the employer has to read through hundreds maybe even thousands of these things when looking to employ!
    -- Core Skills. Make a bulleted list of what your REALLY good at using, Adobe Photoshop CS2 your all probably gunna' write down :P?
    -- Employment History. Its necessary. Although i havnt got one [never had a job :D] im guessing some of us here have? Dont put down 'paper boy' or silly underminining jobs that mean nothing to the employer.
    -- Education & Qualifictions. Put them in reverse order, so University at the top etc...
    -- Try to keep a theme going about the portfolio. Dont have one page all dark and grungy and then the next page all bright and colourful.
Final Rule : Enjoy yourself and have fun with it :)
Throw your imagination into it, it'l pay off!

I think i might judge this along with sir ibi, if thats okay with him of course :P?
winner gets a haribo! :D

All in all HAVE FUN!

Pm me with any questions etc..
I'll also post up snippets of my real one, to give you an idea etc.

Luke..
sushy
Drift King
Drift King

Post by sushy »

So the competition is that we all create our own portfolio? Sounds interesting 8)
spartan.dk
Professional
Professional

Post by spartan.dk »

What's a portfolio? :?
Kid Cro wrote:Now go Suck on your mom's boobie and stfuktnxbye!!!
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Sri Ibi, Sushy, and I already have one. What is the point to make another one just for a competition?

In fact, this sounds like a way for you to get free layouts.
korge
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bam_bam »

I already have one try Bamandelk.tk :D . Ill give it a shot .
sushy
Drift King
Drift King

Post by sushy »

@korge: uh, I did not exactly make a portfolio, I was planning on to revamp the portfolio section of my site. o_0 But I have a map full of works that I also call a portfolio. ^^;

By the way, why not make this contest into a template contest, where you also have to code the template?
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bam_bam »

At this point im lost .
Lucas_Pukas
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Lucas_Pukas »

sushy wrote: By the way, why not make this contest into a template contest, where you also have to code the template?

Hmm, i was thinking more along the lines of an offline one, but why not :P
im in the middle of learning how to code it, as for now im really lost on what to do after slicing my images :(

@korge: Im not a thief, i just had the idea as i was making mine. If i was a thief id go look at some of the most professional ones out there...not trying to offend you here :)
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

sushy wrote: By the way, why not make this contest into a template contest, where you also have to code the template?
Just so you can win? You are selfish. :lol:

This sounds like "Make a Website" contest. Too much work involved for me to bother. Its one thing to make a fancy wallpaper for a competition, its another to have to slice it and code it into an interactive site.

Return to “Creativity Board”