Koenigsegg_Rox's Creative Writing

Everything that has to do with art goes into this board. Post your creations and hear what other people have to say about it!
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Koenigsegg_Rox's Creative Writing

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

As I have said in RedCarDriver's story topic I have been writing a story of my own. I haven't really done that much in terms of the actual story, at the moment I've only done a prologue and a bit of the first chapter; about 2020 words in total at the moment. As I haven't really done that much it probably isn't going to be as good as RCD's in these early stages.

Prologue

“So you found The One yet?”
“Yeah, getting it imported from Europe. Damn nice. What about yours?”
“Ol’ skool muscle, man. 427 block, supercharger, the works! I’m gonna get it tomorrow.”

The two men were standing by their cars, remembering the good times they had with them.

“Ah, that VTEC has gotten me out of some tough spots. But I just can’t ignore that V10. Five-hundred horses. 519 Nm’s of torque. Seven-speed tranny. Man I’m gonna have fun with that M6.”

Before him was the Japanese convertible of the 21st Century, the Honda S2000. Apart from the few dents and scratches from its hard-fought races, it was in pristine condition, and still went hard. As the sun slowly went down behind them, the eighteen inch Verde Kaos wheels finished in spectacular chrome glistened and dared to blind their eyes. Matching them was the glossy white base paint, emphasised with black decals from various manufacturers, along with a large tribal dragon also finished in black with blue lightning dancing around it. Originally a soft-top convertible, the owner had it converted to a fixed hard-top, but in carbon fibre to keep weight to a minimum, and to keep its balance as Honda intended. Inside, the seats and floors were virtually untouched, in black leather to keep with the “black ‘n’ white” theme, but the sound system was anything BUT untouched...The S2K had a new set of speakers, courtesy of Rockford Fosgate, whose bang for your buck products make it a very popular brand for tuners; two twelve inch subs also from Rockford, and to top it all off, a seven inch LCD display to control it all. The epitome of the whole package though, was the engine. The four-cylinder, two-litre VTEC engine was already quite the performer, with nearly 300 horsepower and 208 Newton-metres of torque. After a handful of new parts from Honda’s in-brand tuner, Mugen, this S2000 was pumping nearing on 500 horsepower.

And yet despite this, the owner was going European for a new challenge. He had just placed his order for a BMW M6 Coupe, 2005-spec. With a five-litre, ten-cylinder engine, power output was 507 horsepower, which was more than his old S2000, as standard. His plan for this car was to make it a pure race machine, unlike the S2K, despite its numerous trophies of previous race wins. The major crisis on his hands, however, was what to do with the S2K.

“I could sell it, but with those dents I doubt I’d get what I paid for. I’d probably only get forty grand, tops.”
“You should keep it mate, the chicks dig it!”
“Perhaps I could fix whatever can be fixed and trade it in on something. Audi TT perhaps? 3.2 Quattro?”

His mate gave a low whistle upon hearing this.

“Damn! Now THAT would be a sweet car.”
“But first, I have to throw some money into my new Beemer. Gotta get it race-prepped. Roll-cage, AC Schnitzer bodykit, new exhaust, and of course gotta take that speed-limiter off. 250kph just isn’t fast enough!”

He gave a joking smile at his friend.

Alongside the S2000 was one of the staples in the tuning field: a 2007-spec Nissan 350Z Track. This had a very different flavour to the S2000; on the outside it was pure sleeper: the bodykit remained unchanged; the wheels were simple seventeen inch three-piece Volks, and the paint was the standard orange that you’d find in most pictures. The interior was much the same as well, save for a roll-cage as is per circuit standard, Recaro bucket racing seats and a few new speakers. However if there was one thing the S2K owner’s friend couldn’t live without was more horses under the hood. When it was last dyno’ed the Z came up with 710 horsepower on-screen, with nearing on 800Nm of torque. How he managed to fit the twin Garrett turbochargers under that hood remains a mystery, but now on the track it even has the exotics running scared. Not to mention the full suspension upgrade he had done, along with a blow-off valve for a nice whoosh as it dives forward under brakes, and the sticky rubber keeping it on the road. Those 3-piece wheels may look harmless but the back tyres alone measure 355mm across...

“I’m still keeping this as my track car” the owner said with a grin as he lightly tapped on the roof, “but I need a daily driver.”
“Oh, and your daily driver is a Shelby Cobra 427 Supercharged?”
“Of course!”
“Well, let’s see how long you can fight the urge to keep it off the quarter mile for, shall we?”

They both chuckled at his joke.

“Hey how ‘bout we go for a drive? See what’s going down in the city?” the S2K owner asked.
“Sure, I’ll just get the keys.” The Z owner unlocked the door to his home and jogged inside.

As he waited, the S2K owner opened the scissor door to his car, converted from the standard hinging. He slid down into the comfortable black leather seat, put in the key with a click, and turned it. Without missing a beat he pushed in a red button near the steering wheel, and the engine, all 500 horses of it, came to life. The Z owner, finding his keys, came back out and got into the massive bucket seat, strapped on the 5-point racing harness, put in the key and then turned it. Despite the year-and-a-half he had owned the Z, the twin-turbocharged six-cylinder vee roaring into life still startled him. Still with the hand brake on he gave it a quick rev, blow-off valve releasing a relaxed whoosh as the sound subsided to a low, yet still loud, throb.

In the S2K, the driver took off the handbrake, buried the clutch with his left foot, changed into first gear with a click, and quickly changed the clutch for a handful of throttle. With a loud screech from the tyres’ loss of traction, he tore off and drove for a couple hundred metres. With a wrench of the handbrake, and some careful feathering of the throttle, he spun the S2K around to face the Z and the open road. Foot on the brake with his left foot, he gave the car a couple short bursts of revs, loud enough to scare all the birds out of the trees. With a small smile on his face, he took his foot off the brake, metered out the revs to control the monstrous wheelspin and took off. In the centre of the screen the driver had implemented a display of all the things that matter in a tuning car: nought to one-hundred kilometres an hour which was done and dusted in 3.8 seconds, GPS-controlled quarter-mile time which read as twelve seconds dead, and a full digital acceleration and braking meter. He loved that sort of stuff in his car. Something to show off to his rivals. But that wasn’t capturing his interest at this point in time. What WAS capturing his interest was just how great this car sounded despite him hearing the same sound for 5 years. The whoosh as the Mugen turbocharger sucked in air and provided the car with more power, the exhaust’s note, low and growling like an angry bear, the snick of the gear shift as he buried the clutch and snatched second, third, fourth. It was all wonderful. It made him have doubts that he’d be able to part with it. The sheer amount of acceleration was just a blur. The convertible rocketed past the plain orange 350Z with enough force to gently rock it from side-to-side, like a cradle. It seemed like only seconds before he’d disappeared into the sunset, flames escaping the muffler on deceleration.

Wanting to catch his friend before he got too far ahead on the outskirts of the city the 350Z driver, much less flamboyant in his 180 spin, dialled up some revs, launch control limiting them to prevent those massive turbochargers from overheating the engine, kicked the clutch in, moved the gear stick into first and let the car have it with the accelerator. When he was last on the quarter mile the Z had 0-100 over and done with in a mind-blowing 2.7 seconds. That was faster than most supercars which he could have paid 3 times the price for. His fastest quarter mile on that day was 9 seconds. No small feat...

The needle on the tachometer reached the rev limiter at an astounding 9000rpm, and the clutch went in and out in less than a second. The driver ploughed through the gears one by one until in the distance he could see the city and the bright white S2000 zooming in...

Chapter One

The rumbling V8 slowly built its revs into a massive load of tyre-shredding wheelspin, the smell of burning rubber wafted over the crowd as the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 surged forward, only to be halted by the driver planting on the brakes before he got too carried away. In the other lane aside from it, the matt black Dodge Viper SRT10 also spun its wheels, but the way the burnout was carried out was much less extravagant than that of the Z06. After a few seconds the driver simply edged it towards the start line, giving it a couple of short, hard revs and letting that eight litre ten cylinder engine do the talking. On closer inspection however, you could certainly see this was no ordinary Dodge, not that it’s ordinary in the first place....The first most noticeable change is the swoopy bodykit, much more smooth than the normal body, only the trademark air intakes on the front bumper remained the same. “Hardcore” Dodge enthusiasts on the other hand would certainly realise that a LOT more was going on underneath. First, there’s the twin-turbochargers...why you would want two turbochargers on an eight-litre, 500 horsepower engine would escape the minds of most people, but there’s a reason why the driver, whose name was Jack Baton, came into contact with Hennessey Performance on his annual trip over to the United States. The Hennessey Performance Venom 1000 doesn’t have the 1000 in its name for nothing; that is its approximate power output – 1000 horsepower. That means it can run with European’s finest on the strip, and thanks to a complete suspension upgrade, on the corners too. Zero to sixty is a bit slow, 2.9 seconds, but that’s because the power doesn’t get to the ground fast enough due to wheelspin. After that 2.9 seconds though, you’ll be seeing that chiselled rear bumper for the rest of the track.

Let’s put this into perspective. A Bugatti Veyron, the epitome of going fast in luxury, can allow the previous world-record holder for fastest production car, the 386kph McLaren F1, over a second's head start on the ¼ mile before taking off and STILL beat it. The Hennessey Venom 1000 has the same approximate power, but in a lighter shell, for a grand total of about 1400-1500 kilograms, compared to the Veyron’s hefty 1860kg lard. What this basically means is that the Hennessey is not only faster than the Veyron, it’s also cheaper and more fuel efficient. The only major problem with the Venom is that there were only 24 built, but at a mere $225,000 price tag compared to the Bugatti’s once again hefty $1,800,000, it’s the much more affordable option....

Back to the drag, the Chevrolet and the Hennessey were lining up in “stage” position, ready to race and revving the engines. Baton depressed the accelerator, winding the fine needle on the tachometer to 5000rpm, and the previously low growl gradually increased to an all-out roar. He took his foot off, turbochargers relaxing, flames escaping from the exhaust, and the roar subsiding to a low growl again. The Chevrolet did the same, but its V8 was drowned out by that massive eight-litre V10. Due to the Chevrolet obviously being the slower car, its slower qualifying time meant that he had to start a full two seconds before the mighty Venom took off -

and thats where I've ended it for the moment. I'll probably be slower on the updates as well. Year 12 ftl lol
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Koenigsegg_Rox's Creative Writing

Post by RedCarDriver »

Copy-ar. lol, just kidding

Really, that's pretty good. Only thing is I'm doubting they'd be talking about having a BMW M6 and then saying an Audi TT would be sweet (well, I'm doubting they'd be talking about having a BMW M6 at all, lol). With the cars and stuff, description-wise, pretty good (a heck of a lot better than mine lol). Also, "European's" is lol.

Okay, now I'm motivated to work on mine. Thanks.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Lol no probs. Oh and to clarify, the TT would be a replacement for the S2K, which would mean that there's some modding involved which would therefore mean that it's an improvement over the S2K, not the Beemer :wink:. Sorry if that didn't make sense. Oh and I'm the sort of writer who's into all the nitty-gritty, detailed stuff, it's just a habit I have.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:Lol no probs. Oh and to clarify, the TT would be a replacement for the S2K, which would mean that there's some modding involved which would therefore mean that it's an improvement over the S2K, not the Beemer :wink:. Sorry if that didn't make sense. Oh and I'm the sort of writer who's into all the nitty-gritty, detailed stuff, it's just a habit I have.
Yeah, I'm the same way. Only minor technicality I can find is more a matter of opinion, and that's that an S2k is less like an angry bear and more like a rabid... some other small but dangerous mammal (can't think of a good analogy) because it has a fairly small I4. lol

Again, pretty good.

Return to “Creativity Board”