tutorials

Everything that has to do with art goes into this board. Post your creations and hear what other people have to say about it!
3KED
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 3KED »

i know, but you can add reflection and use a little more time than i did and u will get a much better result
i promis you
nfspeedr
Drift King
Drift King

Post by nfspeedr »

3KED wrote:i know, but you can add reflection and use a little more time than i did and u will get a much better result
i promis you
i know... i just dont know how to add reflections!!!! :roll: :wink:
Triskac
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Triskac »

i would use brush instead of smudging, on car like this its easy.
Professional
Professional

Post by 99k »

Here's a tut on doing a few things to this subaru.

http://img238.echo.cx/img238/5097/orinal6zs4uq.jpg

First we will get rid of the writing and badges at the front.

Zoom in here

and get out your polygonal lasso tool and select the writing

After some good uses with the smudge tool i came up with this

Now to the registration plate. Select the writing like we did with the other bit. Then get out the eyedropper tool and brush over it.

Now zoom in on the badge and sti bit. (this is easy). use the clone stamp on them and gone.

Here's myne so far. (imageshack has alot to upload)

Updating soon
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

So how do you change the color of a car?
Professional
Professional

Post by 99k »

I return to my tutorial.

We will change the colour of this car.

First get the subaru or any other car. Select just the bodywork using the polygonal lasso tool.

Then push ctrl + u

Fidlle about with the hue and saturation ( I reccomend not turning the saturation up) and then deselect when your happy with it.

I didnt do pictures because it takes too long.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

99_k wrote:We will change the colour of this car.

First get the subaru or any other car. Select just the bodywork using the polygonal lasso tool.

Then push ctrl + u

Fidlle about with the hue and saturation ( I reccomend not turning the saturation up) and then deselect when your happy with it.
No no no no no no
There is a much better way than that:

Select bodywork with the polygonal lasso, and then go to Image>Adjustments>Variations (sometimes it is better to desaturate the bodywork first).

Then click on the colours to make the colour you want.
KidZer0
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by KidZer0 »

Scan Lines
1. Create a new image with a transparent background.

2. Make this image size 1 x 2 pixels. (so its basically 2 pixels vertically)

3. Zoom all the way in, fill one of the two pixels in black. Leave the other side alone. (so now you should see 2 pixels vertically one black and the other transparent)

4. Now take the Square Marquee Tool & out line the whole image.

5. With image still outlined, go to Edit>Define Pattern>Ok

Now you have saved the Scan Line Pattern, whenever you need to use it, just fill the desired area with the pattern above and you'll get SCAN LINES!

Simple Lightning

Create a new layer. Make it Transparent.

Use the Paint Bucket Tool & fill the layer black.

-Filter>Render>Clouds.

-Filter>Render>Difference Clouds.

-Invert (ctrl+I)

-Image>Adjustments>Levels
(Set the levels to your liking.)

Then add color & you're done!

These are cool tuts for avatars & sigs.
YamahaATV
Drift King
Drift King

Post by YamahaATV »

Can someone make a tutorial on how to make car reflections like the guys in the showroom make for their cars?
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

YamahaATV wrote:Can someone make a tutorial on how to make car reflections like the guys in the showroom make for their cars?
Yeah, I'd like to know that one too. I've tried it already, but couldn't get it right :?
YamahaATV
Drift King
Drift King

Post by YamahaATV »

Yeah mine never look right either.
xennon119
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by xennon119 »

But how do u guys work so good with lasso???
I have big problams with it!¨!! Pls give me some link to turitorial how to u se lasso better
i saw u really are pros!!!
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

xennon119 wrote:But how do u guys work so good with lasso???
I have big problams with it!¨!! Pls give me some link to turitorial how to u se lasso better
i saw u really are pros!!!
I always use the "Polygon lasso tool". Just make small selections at a time. And be very precise when selecting the wheel-arch. Or use the circle-selction-tool for that.

about the tutorials, go to the digimods bible via this link:
http://www.digimods.co.uk/tutorials/tutorials.htm
xennon119
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by xennon119 »

Tnx master m!!!!
This is my first piece of art:D
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

@xennon119: You have to post you work in the Photoshop Art topic. No in here.
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

Hey guys if you want to practice making things in photoshop check out theses sites, they have very simple tutorials for cool effects.Oh and sorry if these have already been mentioned.

http://www.greycobra.com/tutorials/

http://www.artworld.si/photoshop-tutorials-1.art

http://www.biorust.com/
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

how do you add the Bodykits and what not on the cars. can someone make me a tut on that?
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

You need to find a bumper or w/e part you want that is remotely in the same position that you want it on your car, copy, cut out the part, paste onto your car, and use the Transform tool to make it fit.
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

donaldgladden wrote:how do you add the Bodykits and what not on the cars. can someone make me a tut on that?
Please check The Photoshop Bible
R34GTR
Professional
Professional

Post by R34GTR »

Here is 2 i've made :D]

COLOURING A COPIED AND PASTED BODYKIT

You may need to re-colour you car if it is silver or white.[b/] And make sure the bodykit is at the same angle as the car

Firstly, get your donor bumper and go round it carefully with the lasso.

Then copy and paste the bumper to your chop, and use Ctrl+t to get it in the right place. Also, erase any parts not needed.

Then ctrl+shift+u to desature the layer. Then ctrl+click on the layer to select it.

Then you use the eyedropper tool to select a colour from the car, then get a brush with opacity 100% and set mode to "Colour"

Then simply colour in the bumper. Watch out if the bumper has any grills because they will be coloured too, just duplicate the layer and once your done, erase them on the duplicated layer.

:D Hope it works for you, it has done for me a lot of times 8)

====================================================

LOWERING

Here is how to lower a car :)

Step 1: Grab your car:

Step2: Get the lasso and carefully go round the cars wheels and around the top of the image:

Step 3:
Press ctrl+c to copy then ctrl+v to copy, then hold ctrl and press the down arrow to lower the car.

Step 4: After this, you need to fill in the parts of the car that aren't in-line with the cars height.

Step 5: Now, press ctrl+e to merge the layer together, after this, get the crop tool and select the right area, then hit enter and you're done. :D

Any problems? Feel free to ask via msn or PM :)
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

good job R34GTR.... nice tut.... although u spent time on this i dont see ppl here sayin anythin so i will.... good job...

but for the copy of bodykits i usuallyselect layer transparency, then remove any unneeded parts using the polygonal lasso tool... then i paint...
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

How To Make A User Bar

First, we open a file, with the dimensions at 350 X 19.

Next we make a 1 pixel border for our user bar. Select the entire image with the rectangular marquee tool, then go to 'Select > Modify > Border' and type in 1 pixel. This will create a 1 pixel border around your image which you then must fill in with black.

Now we need to make the hatched pattern for the background. To do this, we need to make a new file with 6 X 6 dimensions.

Then create a diagonal black line across the image using the pencil tool. Once you have done this, go to 'Edit > Define Pattern' and save your pattern.

Select the pattern stamp tool, and click on the pattern you just made on the top of the screen. Create a new layer under the layer with the border and fill the area with the pattern. Then set to opacity to about 60%.

Now you get to insert the image you want in your user bar. Once again, make a new layer placing it above the pattern layer and below the border layer. I'm making a NFS MW Player user bar, so I'm using the MW logo. Make sure your image fits correctly (it can go off the screen, just make sure people know what it is) using the free transform tool.

Here's where we add the text. I use Visiotr -BKR- which you can download <a href="http://www.dafont.com/download/?os=win& ... r">here</a>. Type in your text, then make a new layer underneath your text layer. Hold ctrl and click the text layer so that you will have a selected area of the text. No go to 'Select > Modify > Expand' and expand by 1 pixel. Select the layer beneath the text layer and fill it in with black. Then select the text layer again and hit ctrl + e, this will combine the two layers so that you can move it to the desired position on your user bar.

Now is time for some color. Make another layer under all the other layers. For this user bar I chose a dull brown and dark gray. Now select the gradient tool and hold your mouse down and drag your cursor vertically across your user bar. When you release, your two colors will be faded perfectly from the bottom to the top.

Lastly comes the reflection. For this you will need to create one last layer above everything but the border. Use the circular marquee to create an elipse on the above half of the image. Now we fill this in with white and adjust the opacity to desired reflectiveness.

And that's it, you now have your very own user bar, now go and use it! :D

Last edited by xHaZxMaTx on 17 Nov 2007, 20:05, edited 2 times in total.
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

wow thanks hazmat i didnt know how to do this before.... i hought u just get them from sumwere.... thanx :)
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

SliM_880 wrote:wow thanks hazmat i didnt know how to do this before.... i hought u just get them from sumwere.... thanx :)
Yes, you can find them somewhere (userbars.com). But still, someone has to make them :lol:
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

No problem, I just felt i needed to show the tut because a lot of the userbars around here are missing some things, mainly the reflection.

Return to “Creativity Board”