Painting and Drawing Art Topic

Everything that has to do with art goes into this board. Post your creations and hear what other people have to say about it!
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Painting and Drawing Art Topic

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

All I have to say is =D>

And maybe a little =P~
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

I'm going to post up one of my new works that I've been working on recently. It's a more technical concept drawing than from some others I've been doing. The concept itself has some themes of a Murcialago and Cadillac XLR mixed. I'll probably edit this post when I get home so I can upload a picture of it.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

And to believe you were so worried about messing up on the wheels... :lol:

The car turned out great. :mrgreen: =D>
korge
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Here it is. Still a WIP, but you get the general idea.

xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Looks like a Hot Wheels car. :lol:

I'm thinking the wheels could be just a bit smaller, there's not a lot of headroom (may want to try making the windshield/rear window more angled and/or make the ceiling/roof of the car higher), and it looks a little too high off the ground, though that may be fixed with the headroom issue.

Looks good, so far, though the front end looks a bit odd. The shading you have so far looks really nice. :)
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

jacoja, that is truly impressive. Those reflections are crazy, but you pulled them off well. Wheels turned out great as well. Can't wait to see the final product. :)

Jopuma, the car seems pretty odd. Some parts of the car don't fit with other parts of the car very well. For example, the roof line of the car is very rounded, but other lines on the car are more jagged. I also think the gap between the top of the wheel arch and the top of the fender should be smaller. This would make the car look a lot more sporty, and it wouldn't have such a tall appearance. And the spoiler is really small for the size of the car. I'd make it a bit wider, but I like the height of it. And I don't really understand the line going diagonally through the side of the car. It would look a lot better without it in my opinion... Anyways, it's a pretty cool concept. Some parts remind me of a Zonda (particularly the rear end). It would be interesting to see different angles of the car. :wink:

These car drawings are making me want to pick up a pencil...
Last edited by Zero260 on 14 Apr 2008, 23:57, edited 1 time in total.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Thanks for the pointers. :)

I'm going to do some perspective drawings of it as well, but its easier drawing a side first then getting a perspective drawing from that.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Thanks very much for the comments guys. :)
korge wrote:And to believe you were so worried about messing up on the wheels... :lol:
Haha, well... I now have the background to worry about. The road I've nearly finished... it's just those damn blurred bushes I'm not looking forward to.

Zero260 wrote:These car drawings are making me want to pick up a pencil...
Well, you should. Whenever you get a free hour during the day, listen to some loud music and draw. You might even start enjoying it. :P
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Drawing has finally been finished! Time to move on to something else /methinks :)

http://jacoja06.deviantart.com/art/Reflections-82219085

Edit - Image re-sized
Last edited by jacoja06 on 22 Oct 2008, 14:26, edited 2 times in total.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I was going to say the perspective didn't look quite right, but I had a look at the reference photo, and that's pretty much spot-on. Very nice work - I wish I had your skills. =D> The shading is simply phenomenal.
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

Thats awesome jacoja, I love motion drawings.

I haven't been on here in a while because my PC is having a tantrum but I haven't drawn in a while either since starting my automotive course. This has inspired me to start another drawing.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

jacoja06 wrote:Drawing has finally been finished! Time to move on to something else /methinks :)

That's awesome! I love it how the car looks like it's stepping out sideways =D>
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

jacoja06 wrote:Drawing has finally been finished! Time to move on to something else /methinks :)

simply amazing....me sucks at drawing cars now :(
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Thanks a lot :) . Hope to see some new work from you, tunerfreak.

I was going to draw a detailed version of this concept car I came up with, but finally decided to render the body on photoshop instead. So that's going... erm, alright.

I've really got my mind set on drawing an '08 championship Formula One car. My preferences are picky; I'm looking for a nice clear side view of Webbers RB4 (where the giant wing on the cars cover can clearly be seen)... maybe a low shot from the ground. I'm sure a picture like that exists somewhere on the internet. So yes, if anyone has seen a picture simular to what I mentioned, I'd love to know.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Yay Google images?
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Thanks a bunch. I did remember bumping into the 2nd photo before. It was one of the first ones I came across, but I thought there could be better. I continued to search on, eventually forgetting about that shot completely... But it looks like that's the only one which suits my needs afterall. Thanks for the link Hazzy. I might actually start drawing it. :P

Edit: Wow, This is a pain. Didn't know the stickers and logos would be so difficult. I'll be 60 by the time I finish this.
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

Logos sure are painstaking.

I started drawing concept cars and came up with one I quite liked. I drew up a proper outline and got distracted when I started messing with it in Photoshop lol. So now I've got a mostly finished Photoshop render which I quite like so far, very simple though.

Heres the original concept:

Heres a silimar concept that didn't appeal to me as much:

Heres the current Photoshop render unfinished:

And the full sized drawing I will scan next time I get the chance. I'm having trouble deciding how to render it. I'm quite keen on a background, not sure about motion, and not sure on lighting/ reflection etc, need to inspire myself lol.

Thanks for looking.
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

The front looks like a Ascari to me, pretty cool shape tbh. I like the Rear though, Kind of gives me thoughts of a Gallardo. And from the front perspective the rear looks like a Saleen S7 cool : D
Explicit signature removed.
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Is that some inspiration from the 'Lude I see there in the second drawing? :lol: The lines on the hood and the general shape of the headlights look similar. Cool concept, though. ImJ is spot on in my opinion. Looks like an Ascari/S7/Gallardo. Keep us updated. :wink:
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

@ TunerFreak: Saleen-Vector Super Cars Ultimate KZ-Prelude TT Superleggera? :mrgreen: lol

It actually looks pretty cool. It's believable, it looks mean, and if you had enough cash, you might be able to take a prototype to an auto show. :D It captures the essence of mid-'90's supercars (which is good; most newer ones don't look as good).
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Nice drawing, and rendering 8) . Maybe it would look better if you added some effects, and a background. I've attempted to do exactly the same thing with that rough concept sketch I posted earlier... but so far, the results have not been pleasing.

I'm aiming high for the render... hoping to achieve similar results to some of these:
http://browse.deviantart.com/designs/ve ... lltime=yes
Well, it won't be as good as those, obviously. Though I'll try :P

Oh, and I'm still stuck on the first Red Bull sticker on the front wing of the RB4... so it's going well, yeah :lol:.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Better late then never. My WIP pictures!

Yeah... I actualIy started after 3 failed attempts, which means I'm going to complete this RB4 drawing. I'm aiming to get it done and dusted within two weeks, including the background. The drawing itself looks (so far) better then the previous Aston, mostly because I'm using 6 different pencils to properly render this one (only a 2B pencil was used for the Vanquish). It really makes a big difference to get the correct lighting on the car... so I'm learning new techniques every day. :D

Image Image

Image Image

xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

:shock:

=D>
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

:O wow. That, my friend, is amazing work.
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

Agree :shock:, that's fricking amazing.....
Explicit signature removed.

Return to “Creativity Board”