Xbox 360 Discussion Thread

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Xbox 360 Discussion Thread

Post by The Gravedigger »

Thought it would be nice to just have anything 360 related slapped into one nice thread... since it'd make it all nice and easier for people to find a place where to post.

Discuss anything Xbox 360 related here, ask questions and hopefully our other forum members will answer your questions asap., or at least direct you to a place to find the information you are looking for.

Guess I'll kick it off with a good one.... tomorrow or the day after I'm going to be purchasing a new panel to replace the cruddy 51cm TEAC tv I have running the prem xbox 360 on at the moment so.. should I grab the VGA cable and buy a 22" Samsung 226BW LCD Monitor + Logitech Z-5400 speaker set or grab a cheap (TCL brand) 81cm LCD TV (comes with HDMI input, AV input, YPbPr input, VGA input, etc) ?
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

Samsung right now makes the best LCDs as my father has a 28 inch one that he uses to play Computer games on. He might get the Z-5400 set in several weeks(hint Hint...)

I would go for the Logitech speaker set and the 22" samsung because you'll have a healthy base to sit on before you upgrade your monitor.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Depends on how you game. I prefer a comfy couch half lying down. And for that 82cm is the minimum size (the size I have).

Anyway anybody ever tried streaming video to xbox 360? SD divx/xvid transcoded to wmv using vlc works fine for me, but unfortunatly HD doesn't. Probably vlc's lack of support for wmv9 codec. I wasted whole afternoon today searching for a solution, but unfortunatly I haven't found it yet...
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Alright, decided to go with the Samsung 226BW monitor + Logitech X-530 speaker set with the VGA Adapter and oh my god.... does it rock !!!!!!

/me lovingly pats his Samsung monitor he's viewing his desktop at 1680*1050.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I've had the Logitech X-530 for about 3 years now, and they're great speakers for the price. Unfortunately, I lost the rear speakers just the other day. :(
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

The Gravedigger wrote:Alright, decided to go with the Samsung 226BW monitor + Logitech X-530 speaker set with the VGA Adapter and oh my god.... does it rock !!!!!!

/me lovingly pats his Samsung monitor he's viewing his desktop at 1680*1050.
Lovely, get us some screenshots of that monitor with your 360 running on it. 8)

btw, what panel of the monitor did you get ?
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

@Grvdgr: I really dont see any reason to get a VGA cable, I did, and I almost never use it, unless I go to my friend's house
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

I use S-Video it makes the Forza 2 demo much better also TDU shades and colour, Ive got all the Video cables for my Xbox 360 VGA,S-Video, AV etc... its strange i have them all but meh later on im planing to do mods on my Xbox 360 but im not sure if i can show you guys what im going to do coz it might be against the rules here..
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Cpt.Razkit wrote:@Grvdgr: I really dont see any reason to get a VGA cable, I did, and I almost never use it, unless I go to my friend's house
Hahaha, I'll be using it plenty until I could be bothered grabbing a Samsung 26" or 32" LCD TV, one of those r71 series.

Lovely doing GRAW 2 at 720p on this monitor, even better is Gears :P

Will have to grab a pic of the 'set up' sometime, going to wait until I get myself the new computer though, the Compaq case (and keyboard + mouse) would ruin the shot not that you see much of it thanks to the 360.
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

@Grave: go get a gold subscription =]

i want to blow you up with a boomshot or a shotgun in Gears =] :lol:
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Will do but in about 2months time, going to save up for a new pc first :]

Also going to try and figure out why I can't stream files from the PC to my 360...

Gonna grab GRAW 2, Burnout: Revenge, NFS: MW, and Crackdown at the same time as the gold live kit aswell.
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

The Gravedigger wrote:Will do but in about 2months time, going to save up for a new pc first :]

Also going to try and figure out why I can't stream files from the PC to my 360...

Gonna grab GRAW 2, Burnout: Revenge, NFS: MW, and Crackdown at the same time as the gold live kit aswell.
Got GRAW 2 yesterday. Awesome.

what files are you trying to stream to your 360? if it is through media center, then there isnt a reason why it shouldnt work... I have streamed only music and recorded TV to my 360... 8)
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

How the hell do you turn off Family Settings i wanna try out the MSN :lol:
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

if your email account has a age younger than 18, then you cant ever use Messenger.

There was a few rumors that there was going to be a update to fix this problem with people who are 16 and older, and people who are now 18 and over. If nothing happens then i guess you have to wait until the fall update.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Hmm.. Damn i knew i did something wrong when i selected under 18 :oops: oh well ill just wait MSN isn't that important...
Black Fire
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Black Fire »

Why not just use the PC messenger or use the headset?
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Ah well just wanted to try out the MSN on there also as for the headset i don't like them :) they get to annoying

--------------------------------------------------------

The main argument about Crysis not coming to the consoles 360 and PS3 is because on the technical part wouldn't be possible, because DX10 is missing.

There could be a change for the XBOX 360. ATI recently announced that on the 360 it's possible to install DX10 by an update. It could mean a lot of DX10 games coming to 360, especially with XNA and cross over programming. It looks like a clear case when Microsoft is talking about Live anywhere. If new games will use DX10, it would be more then likely that the 360 runs DX10.

Crysis is one of these games. In this video interview the president of Crytek is telling at this moment, in this form it won't be released on other platforms then PC also because it would be technically hard and scattered resources, but with the new information from ATI and DX10 for XBOX 360 that could all change.

:P
McLaren_dude
Drift King
Drift King
Location: in my chair, looking at a screen, probably playing something

Post by McLaren_dude »

has anyone ever been to this site http://secure.llamma.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=73
its freakin sweet, it has all these lighting mods and cases and stuff, imma get me onne of them clear custom cases for my 360[/url]
Neoned
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Neoned »

Sweet M_dude maybe i will modify mine but just when the Guarantee time is over !
:D
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Yea llamma is great! but i wouldn't be stupid to void my warranty on my xbox360 unless i had 2 Xbox 360's then maybe i would consider it :P
Neoned
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Neoned »

race_invader wrote:Yea llamma is great! but i wouldn't be stupid to void my warranty on my xbox360 unless i had 2 Xbox 360's then maybe i would consider it :P
Yeah same here :D
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

All 360s in Australia have a 3 year MS waranty now.(Not sure about other countries though). Even if you have already bought your 360, you have the waranty. Aslong as you havnt broken the MS Waranty sticker.
McLaren_dude
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Xbox 360 Discussion Thread

Post by McLaren_dude »

yeah i accidentally broke mine in the process of changing the ring of light color ](*,) , now i have to be careful not to damage my 360
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Haha. Your supposed to do things like that slowly to avoid stuff like that happening...
McLaren_dude
Drift King
Drift King

Post by McLaren_dude »

yeah, but poopo happens :lol:

EDIT i now have taken my 360 apart to put in the new fan, here it is
imageshack dosent seem to be working for me so ill attach it
Attachments
my taken apart 360
my taken apart 360