Fun games that don't support DX

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Fun games that don't support DX

Post by donaldgladden »

At school the admins disabled Directx after we started having "quake 3" tourneys during lunch. Are there any fun games that don't support DX that we could get our hands on?
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Fun games that don't support DX

Post by korge »

Starcraft on a thumbdrive ftw. 8)
korge
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

donaldgladden wrote:At school the admins disabled Directx after we started having "quake 3" tourneys during lunch. Are there any fun games that don't support DX that we could get our hands on?
You see this is why us Year 12's get laptops.....no disabling of DX for us! HALO AND FAR CRY 2 FTW!
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Yea! I remember my freshmen year in high school, bringing my taplop into class playing NFS Underground in the back durign break..

ah the good ol days. I need a new laptop. :x
korge
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Haha, teachers used to get pissed when they caught me playing halo between classes... :lol:

Poor poor acer, both hinges are broken on the monitor and I have no means of getting to a Best Buy for repair. (Damn Acer doesn't have a mail in service for in-store computers? WTF!?)
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

When I was in Korea there was a korean shooter that was online and used flash but I can't remember the name. (the title was in English.)

It was pretty fun and I seemed to be good at it, because I beat a bunch of my cousins friends at it when it was my first try.

I will look into it.
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

I burned CS 1.6 to a dvd and it runs, but crashes when it tries to create a local server when it's loading. We can still create quake 3 LAN servers so what could be up with CS 1.6?
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:
donaldgladden wrote:At school the admins disabled Directx after we started having "quake 3" tourneys during lunch. Are there any fun games that don't support DX that we could get our hands on?
You see this is why us Year 12's get laptops.....no disabling of DX for us! HALO AND FAR CRY 2 FTW!
Damn you year 12s! I didn't get one last year because dudd was too slow to put it into place... I don't get any rebates on PCs being a tertiary student, and I just had to get a new PC to have any chance at running Autocad and Matlab decently (our uni PCs are Core 2 Duos E8400s, 3GB RAM... I had a E2180 and 2GB RAM), no 500 dollar re-bate or whatever it is. Grr...

On the upside, a matlab simulation takes a few seconds rather than minutes now.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Well actually we all bought ours 2008...before Kevin even thought of the idea. Hence why mine is in need of a refresh.

Return to “The Hardware & Software”