Halo 2 Vista won't work

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Halo 2 Vista won't work

Post by Stereo »

I'm using a LEGIT version Vista Business x64.
Here's the story:

I chose to install Halo 2 and play at the same time (It's an option in the installation). When the game was loading, everything was fine. Then I almost got to the main menu when it froze. I ended Halo 2 in task manager and turned off the installer as well. Then I restarted the computer and tried to uninstall the game through Control Panel and got this error:
"This program requires Microsoft Windows Vista or Windows Server 2003"
I kinda freaked because I'm using Vista... Anyways I deleted the game folder and its registries. Now I could reinstall. Did that without playing, and when I tried to run it, it ran! It said there was a LIVE download so I did that and the update didn't want to run. Restarted the game, and there it was! That same error, I don't have Vista. I have a feeling this has to do with the game screwing with my Windows files. I don't know, but if it ran before, then it was either Halo or LIVE.

GODDAMIT
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: Halo 2 Vista won't work

Post by vellu »

Have your tried compatibility modes?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

It probably occurs because installation was interrupted and as a result an uninstall wasn't properly performed. You probably have latent registry entries from the first install that are screwing with things. You may want to see if google can provide you with any results.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I already tried google and the registry entries are already deleted (the ones under LOCAL_MACHINE, SOFTWARE)
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Are you sure it's even supposed to work on an 64-bit OS?
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Yes, people have it working fine on 64-bit. I told you that it ran fine before the 2nd installation, but LIVE decided to restart the game and it stopped working

Return to “The Hardware & Software”