What to buy thread

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

What to buy thread

Post by peterfaj »

Questions about what hardware to buy.

I'd like to buy a 24" TN (Better matrices are too expensive) monitor. I like Samsung.
1920x1200 resolution.

I'm thinking to buy Samsung 2443BW, because it's a pivot version. But I've heard some people complain about it, but I forgot what they said. Budget: around 250€

Do you think 24" monitors with better matrices than TN will ever fit into the budget? In other words, will better matrices ever get cheaper?
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: What to buy thread

Post by Stereo »

Yeah, they will as technology advances, and it always does. It just advances slowly with some things (like monitors), but then again I saw Sony's OLED monitor and that thing was damn crazy. Perfect blacks, perfect tones, etc.

What monitor do you have currently? TN panels aren't REALLY that different. They're better, but not something completely new and amazing. If you have a small or old monitor, then get the TN, otherwise, I don't see the point.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Re: What to buy thread

Post by peterfaj »

I have a 19" Samsung SyncMaster 940N. I'm buying a new monitor mostly so I can put this one to the old PC, because CRT hurts eyes.

Return to “The Hardware & Software”