Logitech G9 gaming mouse

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Logitech G9 gaming mouse

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Okay, so I've been looking to upgrade my peripherals for quite some time now, my current ones are the stock standard COMPAQ mouse and keyboard that came with my pre-built Presario, and the G9 has been in my sights for ages.

I found it on amazon for $50 ( considerably less than the rrp) and am about to buy it, just wondering on some opinions before I goo ahead with the transaction. So, what do you guys think of the mouse?

And also, does anyone know if amazon prices are worldwide?
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Re: Logitech G9 gaming mouse

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Go for it, but don't install the software that came with the disk, get the latest version straight off the website. Otherwise after a few days it will completely disable the laser rendering it useless.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Wow, lucky I knew that! Looks like I won't be getting it right now though cos I want to get it off the internet ( $45 woot!) but my parents don't have a credit card, so I'm waiting to get in contact with my brother.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Yeah, I had that aforementioned problem with my first G9 mouse. The 2nd one has been great so far though, no technical abnormalities to report. Just kick@$$ all-around really.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Yeah, bit of a problem over here though with the stock, cos' the G9x came out it's being discontinued, so it'll be hard to get a hold of. Be great for my gaming and Photoshop when I do though...
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Well the G9x is essentially exactly the same just with 5000dpi instead of 3200dpi...which is pretty extreme but you can customise it
shani21
Stock
Stock

Post by shani21 »

I got mine like a week ago! and I am reaaaaalllyyy happy, it was really expensive actually but, I dont know how, I used same wmo for 4years, before it, I had diamondback, and they both still work. So I am sure that this one also will not die :)
mithanbaba
Stock
Stock

Post by mithanbaba »

ust before E3 came about, Need for Speed Rivals was announced with a teaser trailer. We then got some more information on the game at E3. In the beginning the game was pretty much Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and did seem to lack in content compared to the older Underground/Most Wanted and Carbon era of games. So some people, such as myself took to YouTube to complain about this.

Return to “The Hardware & Software”