Wohoo, the best RMA case ever!

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Wohoo, the best RMA case ever!

Post by vellu »

Little over a month ago I rma'd an Asus EAH3870 graphics card (totally dud, pc didn't even start). I got the notice to pickup the replacement for it a few weeks back, but since it was on my older secondary machine I was in no hurry to pick it up. But I did today, and what do you know! The replacement card is not the same, but an EAH4870 card instead, wohoo!!

Anyone else had positive RMA experiences?
Attachments
The Replacement. Enlarge to see the text, but basically it says that the 3870 rma'd at 10.09.2009 has been replaced with a 4870 card at 16.10.2009. You can be sure I won't be complaining about the "lenghty" rma process this time.
The Replacement. Enlarge to see the text, but basically it says that the 3870 rma'd at 10.09.2009 has been replaced with a 4870 card at 16.10.2009. You can be sure I won't be complaining about the "lenghty" rma process this time.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Wohoo, the best RMA case ever!

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Well admittedly I had to Google the acronym, but nevertheless I can safely say I've never had any trouble with the Rubber Makers Association.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

GT3x24x7 wrote:Well admittedly I had to Google the acronym, but nevertheless I can safely say I've never had any trouble with the Rubber Makers Association.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

"A Return Merchandise Authorization or Return Material Authorization (RMA) is a transaction whereby the recipient of a product arranges to return goods to the supplier to have the product repaired or replaced or in order to receive a refund or credit for another product from the same retailer or corporation."

Or in simpler terms: A warranty replacement.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Gotcha ;)
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Nice one! A proper upgrade through RMA is likely very rare, they probably ran out of 3870 cards? They could've given you a 4850 as well, so a 4870 is great.

I've read about troublesome RMA experiences with Asus, so that makes it even better.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Yup, most likely the 3870 wasn't available anymore. Good of them to replace it with an "equal within a series" card, though the card actually is quite a ways better.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

vellu wrote:Yup, most likely the 3870 wasn't available anymore. Good of them to replace it with an "equal within a series" card, though the card actually is quite a ways better.
Actually closer to double the power of the 3870. Hence why I am not bothering Crossfiring my 4890 as a single 5870 is over double the 4890's performance.

EDIT: Oh bollocks' just realised this from Nov 09. Sorry about the necro...

Return to “The Hardware & Software”