What sort of computer would I need for the following?

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

What sort of computer would I need for the following?

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I'm looking at buying a desktop and getting rid of the current laptop I have, because I don't really have the mobility need for a laptop anymore. The other real reason is because of my new Full HD monitor. The video card on my lappy does well for my old games (Halo, Halo 2 for Vista, CoD4), but struggles for my more taxing ones (Far Cry 2, Just Cause 2, SHIFT, and I can't beef up Modern Warfare 2 to full graphics without some fps lag).

I don't really have a budget, but the beefier the PC I get the longer I have to wait to get the funds necessary to buy it. Essentially I want a computer that can run all my games (in Full HD) at acceptable frames, plus if the need is there, some decent room to expand/upgrade (eg. SLI/CrossFireX cards).

Just as a reference, here's my current lappy's specs:

- Intel Core i5 2.26GHz (TurboBoost unavailable on my system)
- 4GB DDR3 RAM
- nVidia GT230M 1GB
- 500GB HDD
- Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit

I only need a tower, I already have all the peripherals I need (aforementioned monitor, G15 Keyboard and a Logitech MX1100 mouse) and an operating system as well (Windows XP Professional SP3)

Return to “The Hardware & Software”