Random duels + reputation suggestion

Everything related to the website services Showroom and Showroom Challenge.

Would you rate random duels?

Yes! I like the idea a lot
89%
Nah, it sounds boring.. I dont really care
4%
No, and the idea is bad!
7%

Total votes: 27

SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Random duels + reputation suggestion

Post by SP4RCO »

Members click the Showroom duels button.

Duels are made randomly and the screen above appears.

Then the user decides which one is cooler and then click over that bar. If both the cars are balanced, the zero at the center is the answer ;) Extreme case: if the right car is perfect and the left one is horrendous, then click the 100 at the right. And so on.

On the sample pic we can see how the user is chosing the 70 left. It means that the red 240sx is pretty cooler than the blue Brera. Once the user has voted, a new random duel is shown.

After some hundreds of duels and votes, all those cars can be ranked depending on how many duels they won/lost and obviously depending on the points they got too. About the example, the 240sx would get +70points and the Brera total score would be decreased on 30 points.

Then a simple rank by points and voila!

I know its too complex but a simpler system could be done. i.e. just a "choose what car is better" system like it happened at the SR2 duels. Important things are:

- random duels.
- reputation got from the results of all the duels.

Possitive things:

- almost impossible downvoting/upvoting
- best cars will got too much reputation. Average cars, a ciffer near zero. worst cars, negative (as it is a comparative system, there won't be a 90% of the cars at the top any more)
- its funny and addictive to rate duels
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Why not. Since it is random friend favoritism shouldn't be too much of a problem (the duel doesn't need to show whos cars they are).

The only issue remaining would still be the "human issue". Will people vote for the better car or the better presented car (not an issue on classic category)...
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

A way a random duel could take place is if the two cars are selected over a common user vote. For example, lets say that the 240SX is user voted as 8 and the Brera also as 8.
This means that both the cars are liked by most people (and therefore a fair competition), and that its now only a matter of which car is better than the other. Anonymity of the car's owners is always good as well.
Rayquaza
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Rayquaza »

I pretty much like the idea, but not the fact of losing reputation.. if you lose, you should just win nothing, but don't lose rep either.. if you win, you get added rep.
and duels should be for category.
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Erm. Someone explain to me what is showroom duels and how can I participate or vote?
3ni_2nr
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 3ni_2nr »

Rayquaza wrote:I pretty much like the idea, but not the fact of losing reputation.. if you lose, you should just win nothing, but don't lose rep either.. if you win, you get added rep.
and duels should be for category.
Yeah, I agreee with ya, Raquaza.
Veral42
Stock
Stock

Post by Veral42 »

I like the idea, but to preventpeople from just voting for the beter car, random duels should be aligned beased on the type of car.
Driv2Slow
Professional
Professional

Post by Driv2Slow »

i dont understand it
Driv2Slow
AutoCircuit
Stock
Stock

Post by AutoCircuit »

I like the idea too. Let we try. Im sure its gonna be fun and exciting.

In wihich category this duel will be? Classic? Artistic? Action? or Wallpaper?

I ask this because I want to make sure it is a fair duel in the case of Wallpaper category, what if the other is too simple presentation and the other is extremely hot?

and lastly, there are category which editing is posoble. I hope you get my point.
Tuners Rock
New Age Fanboi
New Age Fanboi

Post by Tuners Rock »

this looks better than it was before

Return to “The Showroom”