Pink CAR challenge....

Everything related to the website services Showroom and Showroom Challenge.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

we will Report the next challenge a little earlyer... due to the succes of this one there will be one..
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

ahh well, heres my attempt anyway:
Attachments
Grez_Pink.JPG
(59.99 KiB) Downloaded 4808 times
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
sic
Drift King
Drift King

Post by sic »

looks cool :D 10
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

lol cheers
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Heh, it was always gonna be an RX or a Supra, eh Grez? Mighty fine job there fella, pity you missed the comp. Here's a tip, the next comp will have a rally theme... :wink:
dunway
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dunway »

Noticed my name got in for the Comp but don't see my car?

It's important that nobody gets a head start collecting votes, so all car entries will be posted at the same time.

Just woundering why I got bumped :(
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Hey Dunway, yeh there was a bit of a mixup. The comp was my idea, and talking to a few ppl in the showroom, they seemed to like it. We decided to go ahead and make it a collaborative effort

Of course, we needed somewhere to post the rules - that meant submitting a car so the rules could go into the comments. If you check the rules (I know they're long), you'll see that the rules car will be not counted in the comp. The rules are here: http://www.nfsunlimited.net/index.php?g ... ew&id=5314

Now about your car. The rules plainly state that to be fair, all cars will be posted together. Unfortunately, the guy handling the PinkChallenge nick and the email address must not have seen this, cuz as soon as he started receiving entries, he began to submit them to the showroom. Not much can be done about this now, as soon as the first (real) car went up, that was the end of that rule. However, there *will* be more comps and this mistake won't happen again.

I've already asked the guy what's happened to your car. Apparently he submitted it as soon as he got it, but it didn't go up. My guess is that there's some kind of prob with the pic and it doesn't meet the showroom rules. I haven't seen it myself.

Listen, I'd like to try and fix this asap. Can you please email your car to gt3x24x7@hotmail.com and I'll put it up myself. Again, sorry for the mixup.

In the end, I'm not sure that the delay is really gonna be much of a prob. The comp runs until 10pm GMT Wed, so there's plenty of time left. And the real prize comes from the votes of the entrants only, so there's not many to collect and all those guys are watching the comp pretty closely.

I hope this soothes the ruffled feathers... 8)

GT
dunway
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dunway »

Thx for the fast response, thought there was a glitch you guys are usually all over things in this site- great community here by the way. Ill go ahead and email you the car and let the games begin......... :wink:
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Well not ONLY pink but i think its okay... 8)
Attachments
civic.jpg
(202.66 KiB) Downloaded 4833 times
PinkChallenge
Ricer
Ricer

Post by PinkChallenge »

I uploaded al the cars at the same time exept Bronco's car and TheStigs car, bronco's car because it was not according to the rules so he had to send it agian, and theStigs car because it's my onw and did not have time at the moment to create one... did now, you pic was send with 6 others but for some reason was not accepted, I checked your pic personally according to the rules of the Challenge and of the General Showroom rules...

I am sorry that your car is/was not directly placed in the Garage...

TheStig
dunway
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dunway »

Thx Stig you guys are great, really- could have just waited but wasn't sure if the time limit thing was was cast in stone, (all in at the same time thing). But true to form you guys came though, the real test of a solid community, the core of this site has a bunch of people that are true to the rest of us. Nice to see, we need more of that out there in the real world :wink:
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

If anything, Id say it needs more of duffman in the simpsons...oooohhh yyyeeeaaaa
Attachments
duffmanlikes.gif
(4.64 KiB) Downloaded 4817 times
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Oh, ok Stig, partially my bad here - I guess the cars you submitted together must've been posted in a couple set by the mods. Still, twas a pity that all nine cars didn't appear at once. Ah well, c'est la vie mon ami...

Hey Abrams, nice car - but sorry fella, the comp is full - you actually needed to email the car to PinkChallenge@hotmail.com. More info here. Don't despair tho - we're already planning more comps! Tip for the next cab off the rank... RALLY!
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I think rally will be a hard one.... :D :shock:

for everybody who has a car in the Challenge:

Don't forget to vote each others cars, all of them
(and ofcourse no own car voting... I know it's tempting..)

tnx

TheStig
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

>>> PinkChallenge Snapshot: Sunday 5am GMT <<<

Ok ppl, it's time we checked in on the comp. Here's the current rankings.

All lists show: Competition Rank: Nick - Rating (#Votes)

Guest Voting

1: Dunway - 6.5 (10)
2: Carpe Noctem - 6.5 (6)
3: Bronco - 6.25 (4)
4: GT3x24x7 - 5.95 (22)
5: Sic - 5.93 (15)
6: Shui - 5.5 (10)
7: DreaminNik - 5.22 (9)
8: Strung_Out - 4.92 (13)
9: TheStig - 4.88 (8)

User Voting

1: Dunway - 9.4 (5)
2: GT3x24x7 - 8.21 (14)
3: TheStig - 8 (4)
4: Strung_out - 7.8 (5)
5: Sic - 7.5 (6)
6: Shui - 7.29 (7)
7: Bronco - 7.25 (4)
8: DreaminNik - 6.38 (8)
9: Carpe Noctem - 6.29 (7)

Entrant Voting

1: Dunway - 9.25 (4)
2: GT3x24x7 - 8.83 (6)
3: Sic - 8.8 (5)
4: TheStig - 8.33 (3)
5: Strung_Out - 7.8 (5)
6: Carpe Noctem - 7.6 (5)
7: DreaminNik - 7.6 (5)
8: Shui - 7.5 (6)
9: Bronco - 7.25 (4)

Heh, well things are sure shaping up! Ppl are loving Dunway's submission, despite it coming in late. We gonna need eight votes on all cars from the entrants before the comp finishes, so get in there!!

Here's a link direct to the PinkChallenge Garage.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

rally? will that be with or without custom vinyls?
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

To be fair to everyone, there's definitely no custom vinyls allowed. 8)
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

yea i shouldve read the post titled 'rally challenge' first lol
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Yeh, and once you were in there, you should've read the bit about THE RULES!! :D :D Double LOL!!
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

For Pacodog, and anyone else who might want to see a bit more of the PinkChallenge RSX example... :wink: As you can see, it's a pretty simple car, Type-V all round, but it comes up a pretty clean look nonetheless!

Sorry if they're a bit blurry - the capture card is working overtime with all this other stuff hogging resources!! :D
Attachments
PinkChallenge Example 2.jpg
(36.97 KiB) Downloaded 4730 times
PinkChallenge Example 3.jpg
(39.35 KiB) Downloaded 4731 times
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

Nice car man... wish i saw the whole thing. Still... I just love how you played those rear lights, that I would never use, and with that edgy vinyl it looks like it's stock! Very good idea, I look for stuff like that when voting.

And what's the next competition???? Custom vinyls, that'd be sweet.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Hmm, I hear ya Paco - one (small) problem, I have PS2 and therefore couldn't enter my own comp!! Not that that's a real big issue.

The big thing is I think such a comp should take place over in the vinyls section. In the showroom it's more 'for the people' - us plebs without the time/nouse/hardware/software to get into editing. My thing with these comps is to pick a theme, something a little challenging, and one that anybody who owns the game can get involved in.

At the minute I'm thinking that swinging between an 'offbeat' comp, like the pink thing, and a 'cool' comp will be a good way to keep up the interest for a while. With this, we'd be in line for an offbeat comp next, and I was thinking, well, you know how a few ppl rekn that widebody pugs look like frogs? How about 'FrogChallenge' - just to take the weewee a little more?? :shock:
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

oh man, check out my 2 showrooms, both are Rally Pugs - let me know if they look like frogs (I take offence, I like the wide body kit, and it's challenging to make them look right!! :))
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

LOL!! Hey no offence intended - I quite like the widebody 206, if it's done right. And there's the challenge - take a car setup that's easy to get completely, getthahellouttahere WRONG, and challenge ppl to get it looking great! Which, btw, is the category ur two custom pugs fall into :D
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

well i can live with tha explanation! :D

BTW, how about doing a Nissan Sentra Competition later on? That car is the worst, and hardest to get it look nice... heck, i can't do it up to date, and I made all the cars in the game look good (I mean to myself). But I hate that little sentra... So that'd be a challenge.

Return to “The Showroom”