RallyChallenge!! (Closed)

Everything related to the website services Showroom and Showroom Challenge.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

RallyChallenge!! (Closed)

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Welcome to RallyChallenge, the second mini-comp organised by NFS Unlimited Showroom regulars. This time it's all about RALLY STYLE! This is inspired by TazMawr's excellent Rally Evo posted recently in the showroom. Indirect credit goes to DreaminNik too, for spawning this lil prodigy!

Read on for the rules and stuff...
Attachments
RallyChallenge Example.jpg
Here's one I prepared earlier! Don't be posting your entry here though - read on for the comp rules and entry instructions...
(61.98 KiB) Downloaded 4936 times
Last edited by GT3x24x7 on 05 Mar 2004, 02:02, edited 1 time in total.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

OK, so the aim is simple, make a rally car. The action is a different matter tho, making a rally car is quite a challenge!

The rules are very similar to those used for the PinkChallenge. especially when it comes to entering your car, voting and the final vote counting. That only leaves the design. Read on...

DESIGN

1. The obvious - your car must look like a rally car!! We don't need no sleepers here, or any shades-of-grey nuancey colour schemes - rally cars are all about loud colours and contrast! At a minimum, your car must contain at least two profoundly contrasting colours.

2. We need decals! Rally cars are run on sponsorship, and those sponsors don't do it outta the goodness of their hearts, they do it to get their name into spectator's faces! You car must have at least one decal in every area - windshield and rear window, left and right doors and quarters. The hood is optional however, you can use a custom hood if you like.

3. A final design rule. To keep it fair, you must use only those vinyls, decals and parts that come suppied with the game - no custom vinyls or decals please!

4. Your car must also fit with the general NFS Unlimited showroom rules - your profile name must be clearly visible etc. These rules can be found at the bottom of the main showroom page.

Aside from these, the are no other design rules. You can use any car, any body parts, any rims and any accessories you like - though you're not likely to see too many rally cars running neon, for example!

ENTRY

It's important that nobody gets a head start collecting votes, so all car entries will be posted at the same time. To make this happen, all entries MUST be emailed to RallyChallenge@hotmail.com. Entries submitted to the showroom in the regular way will not be accepted, nor will entries pm-ed to the RallyChallenge nick, nor entries posted in this thread. Email is the ONLY way in!!

In your email, include the words 'NFSU RallyChallenge' in the subject. Also be sure and include your NFS Unlimited Showroom nick and the description you'd like posted with your car.

As entries are received, they will be checked to ensure they conform to the design rules listed above. You'll be notified by return mail if your entry breaks any of the comp rules.

When your car is accepted, a notice will be placed here and in the showroom to let everyone know where the comp is up to.

Once the RallyChallenge garage is full, (with the newly expanded garage size, that's 14 cars, not including this one), the competition is closed, all cars will be posted under the RallyChallenge nick. When they're all up, the voting can begin. To keep it fair, you must enter one car only.

Once the competition opens for voting, it will run for one week. The closing date will be announced here and in the showroom as the cars are posted. At the end of that week, the votes are tallied and the winners announced.

VOTING

Hey, it's an open showroom. Anybody can vote on your car, in guest, user or both. However, there will be no won voting - you must not vote for your own car. Also, you must rate all other entrants' cars and you must vote fairly, as if your car were not in the competition.

JUDGING

While there aren't any real, physical prizes, all the kudos, props and accolades of your fellow modders will be rained down apon the winners.

Here's how the judging works:

3rd Place: This is the car with the highest guest rating as of the closing date.

2nd Place: The car with the highest user rating at the closing date. Please note that with the recent suspension of a certain individual, user ratings no longer seem to tally with the actual user vote average. Because of this, the user rating will be manually recalculated for the rankings.

1st Place: The car with the highest ENTRANT rating at the closing date. This means we average out only the votes received from the other competition entrants and score each car from those votes only.

Winners will be announced both here and on the winning cars themselves.

That's about it! Why wait - GET STYLIN now and beat the rush!! Have fun and good luck!

Cheers, GT :D
Last edited by GT3x24x7 on 22 Feb 2004, 13:53, edited 1 time in total.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

>>> !i! COMP UPDATE !i! <<<

OK people, thanks to Bobyx's quick response times, the RallyChallenge garage is up!!

Check it out by searching for RallyChallenge in the showroom, or just click HERE!!!

We already have one entry on the way from CappaGT, and of course I have an entry ready, so that's leaving 7 more places. BE QUICK!!
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

mine is coming, just give it a few hours lol
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Gotcha Grez! Glad to have you along for the ride... :D
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Just a question:
I can use any car that i like or cars like Lancer, Subaru?
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Yep , you can use any car you like Abrams! Some of them are prolly more likely to be considered rally cars by the voters, so my advice is to favour those... :D
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Well, i like to be different. Ive gone with the eclipse, as its not considered a rally car, but is awd and could compete well in the rally if it was entered. The colour styling is supposed to represent the rothmans porsche 959 of the class B days. anyway, here it is:
Attachments
Rally_Rothmans_style.JPG
(61.01 KiB) Downloaded 4901 times
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Erm, thanks dude, but the idea was to email the car to RallyChallenge@hotmail.com ...

Two reasons - so all entrant cars can be uploaded at once to the RallyChallenge nick, so noone gets a head start on the voting, and also so you don't show everyone your ideas and have them improve on it !! :?

Ah well, it's done now. Would you mind please emailing the car to the addy anyway? Not only cuz I'm kind of a stickler for the rules, but also because this is a collaborative effort and I won't be handling the upload from the email...

Cheers, GT 8)
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

The only reason I posted it is because 1) if people copy off my work and improve it, i dont mind and 2) i cant decide whether to use the eclipse or this castrol style celica, and was hoping someone might suggest which one is better. Ill email it to you as soon as ive decided lol

Blitz
Attachments
Rally2.JPG
(72.07 KiB) Downloaded 4895 times
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

NP fella! IMO, the Eclipse looks more Le Mans, go with the Celica...
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

celica it is, thanks mate :)
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

Entering with a simple Lancer....

And Grez, I love'd the Eclipse... If yuo'd entered that, I'd give it like 10-ish score. Too late to say obviously... And what's my 10 is anyway.... But I think i saw the best eclispse in NFSU there... pity.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Hey it ain't too late to change ya mind - garage is only half full so far.
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

u've got my modded lancer buddy? didn't see a confirmation (on the one without Michelin stickers)
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Yep, just turned up, 10 minutes later! :shock:
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

ahh well i liked the eclipse too, but the celica does have more of a rally look about it. Still, at least you liked the eclipse, whether it goes in or not, its a compliment :)
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

well, since the showroom limit went up, you've got your chance to upload it! :)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Grez-Rotary_WRX_Killer, DAMN I wanted to do exactly the same... a Castrol Celca.... well you beat me... nice work

I figured mobody remembered the Celica T-16/T-18/T-20 as really cars... Love the T-18 btw in Sainz version.
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

well, there are a few ways to make a castrol celica... the one I made with EA's vinyls looked different to Grez... So why not post that! :) Or make your own rally car, dude, it's free theme! The task wasn't to make the replica, but just a rally car.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

>>> COMP UPDATE <<<

This thing is shaping up nicely. Confirmed, law abiding cars are in from...

GT3x24x7
DreaminNik
TazMawr
Grez-Rotary_WRX_Killer
Sic
Shui

Cars in the works from...

CappaGT
ThStig

We're looking good for a Wednesday launch, right after the PinkChallenge wraps up. Cheers for all the interest so far! :D
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

true....

Have to use my imagination... BUT I DON"T Have ANY... :P
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

>>> COMP UPDATE <<<

So far, we have cars from these modders...

GT3x24x7
DreaminNik
TazMawr
Grez-Rotary_WRX_Killer
Sic
Shui
CappaGT
TheStig

... with 15 slots in the newly expanded garage, that's leaving only 5 slots open for entries. Comp opens on Thursday, so lets' have ya!! :D
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

>>> COMP UPDATE <<<

Three more entrants, R-Lo, 206spirit and AbramsALFA, bring the entrant tally up to 11, leaving 3 slots to fill. Comp opens Thrusday, full or not, so get your entry in!! 8)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

LOOK I'M IN

I'm IN!!!

Return to “The Showroom”