Everything related to the website services Showroom and Showroom Challenge.
Yodat
Stock
Stock

Post by Yodat »

I know I'm really a n00b but I didn't understand : how do you earn some rep for your cars?
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

By getting votes and favs
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

And winning duels. You'll get a star boost by winning a duel, but won't lose any rep if you lose a duel.
Tuners Rock
New Age Fanboi
New Age Fanboi

Post by Tuners Rock »

what prince said, :)
Yodat
Stock
Stock

Post by Yodat »

I have a car with 4 votes 10/10 and I still have no rep is it normal?
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Sounds about right. 4 votes and 10/10 rating is barely anything (it's not the actual rating that counts, it's the number of votes and comments you have (and favs)).
Driv2Slow
Professional
Professional

Post by Driv2Slow »

even simpler: it takes time
Driv2Slow
RAYADO
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RAYADO »

I don't have faith about the reputation stuff....have seen good cars, with many votes, many favorites and winning many duels and the rating is low compare with cars that have 3 to 5 votes, 1 to 3 favorites and no duels win and still have the same reputation as the first I mentioned. Also has seen cars that in the first 15 mins have more than 20 favorites, more than 30 votes...and who knows why.... :?
The other thing....cars that have 5 or less votes, no favorites, no reputation and are top of the day..... :? :? :? :? :? .
So....who believes on a system like this?
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Who cares? Are you here just for rep?

Not to be taken personally, but this is what is causing all the problems with ratings and voting systems: there are always people around who always want the highest scores and best positions on some "best of" list. Thus, whatever the voting/rating system is, people will try to go around the system to get the highest marks (favoritism: no one gives low votes, in order to get high votes themselves, populism: get a lot of friends to vote high on your car creating "groups" which have on occasion even gotten people banned for manipulating reps)

So far the current system is the best as far as rep manipulation goes. There is no such thing as "downvote" anymore, all votes, be it 1 or 10, increase the rep the same amount. Also the various top lists have time limits on them; no car, no matter how high its rep is, will stay on the list for more than a few days. This effectively eliminates vote hogging (all votes / comments going to the small "top group").

This all means that the rep stars are relative to time towards the top lists. Whatever has the highest rep at any given short period will be on the list, but only for a short while. Which then means that people who want to be on top start complaining about "odd rep" behaviour when cars with seemingly different reps do not match up as far as the top lists go...

If it were up to me there would be no numeric vote at all, only comments. Rep stars are allright (counted from comments, duels) but there would be no list of any kind based on reputation. Some kind of random "picks of the day" would be much better (would also distribute comments and votes better, when people would see more different car instead of the ones "currently on top").

Unfortunately, I fear, I am in a minority. Most people seem to want somekind of absolute score for their cars which they could then compare to others. I don't.
Driv2Slow
Professional
Professional

Re: Reputation

Post by Driv2Slow »

RAYADO wrote:I don't have faith about the reputation stuff....have seen good cars, with many votes, many favorites and winning many duels and the rating is low compare with cars that have 3 to 5 votes, 1 to 3 favorites and no duels win and still have the same reputation as the first I mentioned. Also has seen cars that in the first 15 mins have more than 20 favorites, more than 30 votes...and who knows why.... :?
The other thing....cars that have 5 or less votes, no favorites, no reputation and are top of the day..... :? :? :? :? :? .
So....who believes on a system like this?
sometimes it depends on the car, sometimes the tuner (who made it). but idk why your worried about this, you have great cars, many duel wins and favs and everything
Driv2Slow
wbf
Ricer
Ricer

Post by wbf »

I agree with every word written by vellu. If you are a minority, I am joining you. Why not finish the numeric votes? Maybe we could choose "Perfect", "Good" & "Need Improvement" or something like that, with comments of course. Simplicity and honesty.
The system proposed by vellu sounds better that the current for me. Just an opinion.
RAYADO
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RAYADO »

When I write about the system used and that I don't believe in it has nothing to do with my cars or their reputation. If that was the situation then, I would not have deleted my cars on December, some with good comments, good votes and reputation. I DON'T CARE IF THEY HAVE HIGH OR LOW REPUTATION. But I would lie if I don't have a smile on my face when they do have good comments, good votes and reputation. Is like when you have kids and they do well in school or sports and you are happy about their winnings....is the same for me.

What I said....is the unbalance on the cars and all the stuff I write on the other message. Is not about my cars that I am complaining, I can delete all tomorrow and start all over again or not load them.....I do it once already.

IS ABOUT ALL THE GOOD CARS THAT DON'T HAVE WHAT THEY DESERVE.
And IMO, a good comments is backup by a good vote...or not?

So, if you don't really know me....don't start saying that I care about my rep.
Again, I would lie if I tell you I don't get happy when my cars get good rates, but I DON'T CARE.
PEACE....TO ALL. :wink:
tavaski
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by tavaski »

I think that these showrooms are so f***ked up. If you are a noob here, and decide to upload a car dnt even think that you'll get up to 5 or 3 votes the highest. Even if your car is way better than some of the senior members, your car will never get it's deserved rep. :lol: :x :(
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

There's a new thing coming soon that should give everyone an equal chance: the challenges.

Uploads exclusive for challenges, no information about author during voting and no selective voting (voting tour with random appearing entries) should ensure the really best entries to win.
tavaski
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by tavaski »

When will this be established?
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

It should be available within two weeks, but no promises on that.
amda1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by amda1 »

Kinda like TC2, but without the author

will this be available for Underground 2?

*crosses fingers*
Driv2Slow
Professional
Professional

Post by Driv2Slow »

He means the duels :wink: They're already here :lol:
Driv2Slow
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Re:

Post by Tyrant »

tavaski wrote:I think that these showrooms are so f***ked up. If you are a noob here, and decide to upload a car dnt even think that you'll get up to 5 or 3 votes the highest. Even if your car is way better than some of the senior members, your car will never get it's deserved rep. :lol: :x :(
I wish this was true :lol: . My cars have to fight for attention just like yours..

Return to “The Showroom”