SentraChallenge!! (Closed)

Everything related to the website services Showroom and Showroom Challenge.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

SentraChallenge!! (Closed)

Post by GT3x24x7 »

EDIT: The SentraChallenge is now complete. Final placings at the end of this thread.

Welcome to SentraChallenge! The third comp in our series of limited time, limited entries NFSU car design comps. Check this demo car and read on for the rules...
Attachments
SentraChallenge Demo.jpg
This is a demo of what's required. It's not included in the comp. Don't post your entries in here - they must be emailed in SentraChallenge@hotmail.com. More on rules and stuff below...
(54.24 KiB) Downloaded 5335 times
Last edited by GT3x24x7 on 10 Mar 2004, 01:56, edited 3 times in total.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Welcome to SentraChallenge, our third NFSU design comp. This one is gonna be a real challenge - make the ho-hum Sentra LOOK GOOD!! All over the showroom you hear people saying how the Sentra is one of the hardest cars to mod, and now we're gonna find out!

Once again, the rules are very similar to previous challenges. The only real differences are in the design rules, so if you've entered before, you need only worry about the design constraints. Read on...

Design

1. Erm, well you gotta use a Sentra! No ifs, ands or buts - only Sentras will make it into the challenge garage.

2. Just to add a little more challenge, The car must have a 5 star rep! Believe it or not, it's actually harder in a lot of cases to get 5 stars looking good than a lower rep rating.

3. A final design rule. To keep it fair, you must use only those vinyls, decals and parts that come supplied with the game - no custom vinyls, decals, wheels, tyres or anything else please!

4. Your car must also fit with the general NFS Unlimited showroom rules - your profile name must be clearly visible etc. These rules can be found at the bottom of the main showroom page.

Aside from these, the are no other design rules. You can use any body parts, any rims and any accessories you like - whatever!!

Entering

It's important that nobody gets a head start collecting votes, so all car entries will be posted at the same time. To make this happen, all entries must be emailed to SentraChallenge@hotmail.com. Entries submitted to the showroom in the regular way will not be accepted, nor will entries pm-ed to the SentraChallenge nick. Email is the ONLY way in.

In your email, include the words 'NFSU SentraChallenge' in the subject. Also be sure and include your NFS Unlimited Showroom nick and the description you'd like posted with your car.

As entries are received, they will be checked to ensure they conform to the design rules listed above. You'll be notified by return mail if your entry breaks any of the comp rules.

When your car is accepted, a notice will be placed here to let everyone know where the comp is up to.

Once the SentraChallenge garage is full, (that's fourteen cars, not including the demo car), the competition is closed, all cars will be posted under the SentraChallenge nick with the description you specified in your email. Your showroom nick will also be put into the car description.

When they're all up, the voting can begin. To keep it fair, you must enter one car only. (Note that the car above is a demo only and will not be included in the comp).

Once the competition opens for voting, it will run for one week. The closing date will be announced here as the cars are posted. At the end of that week, the votes are tallied and the winners announced.

Voting

Hey, it's an open showroom. Anybody can vote on your car, in guest, user or both. A change from previous comps, tho - you are certainly allowed to vote for your own car if you wish. Just be aware that your vote or votes will *not* be counted into the comp rankings. Finally, you must vote all other entrants' cars and entrants must vote fairly, as if your car were not in the competition.

Edit: Note that if you do not vote for another entrant's car, I will automatically count it as a 10!!

Judging

While there aren't any real, physical prizes, all the kudos, props and accolades of your fellow modders will be rained down apon the winners.

Here's how the judging works:

3rd Place: This is the car with the highest guest vote average as of the closing date.

2nd Place: The car with the highest user vote average at the closing date.

1st Place: The car with the highest entrant vote average at the closing date. This means we average out only the votes received from the other competition entrants and score each car from those votes only.

Winners will be announced both here and on the winning cars themselves.

That's about it! Why wait - rip out that dusty old Sentra and MOD AWAY!! Have fun and good luck!

Cheers, GT :D
Last edited by GT3x24x7 on 04 Mar 2004, 13:34, edited 1 time in total.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Ok lets start guys :lol:
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Just making mine now... had a nice sleeper Sentra redy for the SleeperChallenge actually, now I'm tearing it apart to build it to 5 stars - it almost hurts to do that, the old car was nice!! :cry:
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

show us :P
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

What do you want to see? The old car - the sleeper??
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

mines has been sent :wink:
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Good onya Viper - great to have ya on board. Sorry to say that you ain't the first - that honour goes to rtackle!! :shock:
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I've also decided to take part in this comp :)

Email is away.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Great stuff bobyx! Fantastic to have you along! :D
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

sending mine, check your email! :)
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Got it dawg! Great car too!! :D
sic
Drift King
Drift King

Post by sic »

on my way :D
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Whoo boy this thing is filling fast peeps - demo car's only been up a few hours and already have 6 of 14 garage slots filled! Entrants confirmed so far...
  • GT3x24x7
    rtackle50
    viper_gts
    bobyx
    Pacodog
    Sic
Great to see our esteemed hosts in there huh? Got a feeling this is gonna be the best comp so far. My advice - Get modding now and have your car in within the next day or so, or miss out!! :D
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

leave a spot for me plz man :P
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Youre in on a promise dude. I gotta say tho, that actual car pics received will take preference over promises, so pls, everyone be quick with ur cars!!! :D
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

that;s nice to have admins of the site amongst the competition... shows you are doing something right here, GT!
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Yeah! I'm really chuffed to have them along for the ride. Actually I asked both bobyx and viper in another post what their thoughts were on the comps - the responses were only positive. bobyx in partic said he liked the idea and was also glad to see more forum activity going along with it. Guess we doin sth right huh? :D
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

mines on its way!!!!! Just got to make it 5 stars, only got 4 so far.....
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Cool! You'll find the shift from 4 to five is quite a stretch mate - I had to just about tear mine back to stock and rebuild... :D
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

like i said - it's a toss between a fat body kit, or a number of many unique parts, and high level bumbpers.... I am really exited to see what all the participants came up with. Lucky you GT!
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Yup , I tell ya, the standard is looking pretty high on this one mates. The bar has been raised!! :D
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

man I must have missed this... well working on it... think Ill send it tomorrow.... :D

so count me in... need to make it a 5 star.... can't do it here... (at work (on sunday's??? jep have to do it sometime... :P)))
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Better be quick dude - she's fillin fast!! :wink:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Ive seen it... damn hopw Ill be in time

Return to “The Showroom”