The Fall of SR

Everything related to the website services Showroom and Showroom Challenge.
Type S
Ricer
Ricer

The Fall of SR

Post by Type S »

Last month u were all withness of collapse of sr. Many pepole left, especialy thoose veterans that were here since the founding of sr. That simply means that something is wrong. They knew how it was back on sr2, and how its now. so... let me hear you, what do you think is reason of it, whats wrong with SR and what would you do. Hopefully these sugestions will be noticed by admins... so speak it loud!

my sugestion is to delete ratings. every car is rated with 9, good cars are rated with 10 and crap cars are rated with 8. that means its just kissing ass and there is no point of it. i know its for some calculations of stars rating,but who needs taht... no one is looking at stars, but at rate. . Instead of rating cars, cars reputation should be rated by its views. u know... like dA...

so.. NO RATING!
User deactivated: user deactivated by request
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Agreed, ratings lost their merit a long, long time ago. Having no numeric rating however doesn't solve the underlying problem: people (gross generalization) have no idea what constructive criticism means. In their mind everything seems perfect and flawless, and even if not they still say/vote so in order to gain false popularity (and through that more rep for their own creations).

The site has improved greatly (for example top lists have time limits) from the days of insane popularity contests, but it seems most people always seem to want more fame... The community has grown so large that there is no returning to the "good old days" when everyone was serious about what they were voting and designing themselves.

There are many people (still) around that actually say what they like or dislike on any given car or presentation design. One would assume that their good might teach something to the average user...

Ps. As far as some veterans leaving, that's obviously their own business, but in My opinion it's not the right way to go. If there are no "teachers" around to show new beginners the correct "etiquette" no wonder if everything goes down the drain. So instead of posting non-constructive "goodbye" pictures just keep doing what you've been doing and hopefully more people will come to realise what's appropriate and what not...
Type S
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Type S »

Yeh u re right about leaving... but that again u said what is the problem... no one can accept that his car isnt perfect, and that something should be done on it. everyone as soon as joined thinks he is great tuner, and will get angry if u call him noob. (thats about what started the proces of my alter ego beeing banend) so constructive comments wont help.
User deactivated: user deactivated by request
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Type S wrote:no one can accept that his car isnt perfect, and that something should be done on it.

so constructive comments wont help.
Unfortunately true. Naturally "artistic" works such as car designs are always subjective and matters of taste apply, still some people are unable to accept any kind of criticism or advice on how to improve ones work. This cannot be helped, best way is just to ignore people who start flame wars over nothing.

Of course there are wrong ways to comment on things. If one things something looks really really bad, it doesn't help if you just go and comment "crap!". The author most certainly won't like that, but he/she also doesn't know why you think it's crap. Again coming to my point of CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. Tell the author why you think it's crap and maybe suggests something to be changed. That's how you help to improve his/her work.
AngelSiN
Drift King
Drift King

Post by AngelSiN »

I agree about the rating thing, it's nosense, remove rating and give an option to rate car with positive and negative criticism, + or -, and of course the add to favorite button. I'm here from the opening of the 1st UG1 showroom, and the fact is that SR2 was the most interesting and innovative showroom with enormous activity. Since NFS: Most Wanted, SR has been going down and down, very few of quality car makers are here, most of them left, sadly...
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Who says all the 'veterans' leave because the SR is bad? I just think the game isn't cool enough to play more then 1 month.. If I liked the game, then I would be in SR, simple as that ;).
ccrst92
Ricer
Ricer

Re:

Post by ccrst92 »

vellu wrote:There are many people (still) around that actually say what they like or dislike on any given car or presentation design.
Hey, I do that most of the time, but with some people that can't take this you get a lot of flaming. They cannot accept that they you are stating an opinion. OK, there are some cars that simply don't deserve this treatment, but they get it. And there are many cars that deserve this and have many many tens'n stuff but if someone steps out of the crowd that person "burns" if you know what I mean.

And sometimes you get downvoted (once I wanted to leave because of an outbrake of this). And then you say to yourself in not a very civilized fashion "Who does it and why?". And you can do nothing. A good addition would be something like a "Who Rated" button that would solve the mystery/misery, but I know it may not be technically possible.
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Re: The Fall of SR

Post by Tyrant »

That's true. Most users aren't happy with a 9, they want that 10. Imagine what happens when you rate their car an 8 or 7 (which I do quite frankly), they get pissed off, and decides all your cars are worth a 1. It's all 'who has the biggest digital penis' here in these showrooms :P.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

An OOOOOLD topic, but what the hey...

As discussed before, some people don't take criticism very well, polite or otherwise. Forget the ratings. No one uses them correctly anyways.

Remember: it doesn't matter if a car is voted 1 or 10. It's reputation increases the same amount in both cases. And it's the rep stars that are used in various top lists and general comparisons. Not the actual numerical ratings (which as stated over and over again, means absolutely nothing these days or even old days for that matter).

And you can see today what people voted if they also added a comment at the of their comment text.
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

Yeh, old topic... So... Fall of SR.
People in here dont understand the rates. Ok, rates dont mean nothing, blah blah blah...but still, does perfection exist? How can u rate 2 cars with 10, or even worse, how can u rate 90% of cars with 10 and when it comes to question, witch one is better? Erm, this one...
If something is perfect, how can something be better than it? How should we call that???!
Another thing is that ppl give 9 when car has few flaws... like, rims are bad...9!
Or, i dont like the FB, but its just me so here goes 10+Fav
Or, (what happened to my last ride) FB is ugly, rims too. 9!
ofcourse 8 means when something is terribly wrong, and 7 means, i have something personal against you?

For over a month already im taking these rates seriously.Cant remember when i gave 10 last time. I even had 8+Fav, and most of rates were 5-7... because i find those cars quite simillar to each other and that makes them simply average. The result is that now ppl dont wanna comment my stuff as they used to do before, and i got almost in a fight with everybody because i find their cars... average.

Well... i really cant help them with that. I was hoping that everybody will accept those rates seriously and say...well if my car got 6 coz its average, than his will get the same, and his too, and his, and his, and his and so on... everybody taking rates seriously. But, as we all know, noobs are now self proclaimed vets and ive been called TS=totaly stupid. =D>
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Well most people in the SR who act like n00bs are TDs=Total D**ks
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

well im not saying my cars are like the man above me but if i see a nice clean ride i rate accordingly if i see something that looks like S*** i tell them it looks like Sh**
amda1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by amda1 »

Like Djiel, I stopped rating most cars, just no point anymore.

I say no ratings, no favs. They dont mean anything.

About the members, well...thats not about the showroom, thats simply because they have moved on. For example, I contacted welcu and he sent me two new cars to enter in a competition, and thats just from asking him. So I'm sure with a bit of graft it is possible to get old members back.

But for me, it was the fall of sr3.com which killed nfsunlimited community. Because even then, we had all the greats there (bar one or two).

Bojan, what is the real reason you deleted the nfs section? Because from what I saw, it was brilliant. The art members are nothing without the nfs section.
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

Hey amda... who is that thing on ur avatar?
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

TS-X wrote:Hey amda... who is that thing on ur avatar?
That's Hiro Nakamura (actor Masi Oka) from the TV series Heroes.
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

vellu wrote:
TS-X wrote:Hey amda... who is that thing on ur avatar?
That's Hiro Nakamura (actor Masi Oka) from the TV series Heroes.
Why would he want him on avatar... he can drift? :lol:
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

TS-X wrote:
vellu wrote:That's Hiro Nakamura (actor Masi Oka) from the TV series Heroes.
Why would he want him on avatar... he can drift? :lol:
Heh, sort of. He "bends time and space". So he drifts (the other meaning of the word) from one place/time to another.
amda1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by amda1 »

are you an avid fan like me vellu?
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

amda1 wrote:are you an avid fan like me vellu?
We're going way off topic here, but yes. I am.

Return to “The Showroom”