Carbon Classic Category Posting Rules...

Everything related to the website services Showroom and Showroom Challenge.
Gryphon22
Stock
Stock

Carbon Classic Category Posting Rules...

Post by Gryphon22 »

I really don't quite understand what has been going on here suddenly. I have some cars in the Classic category that have multiple views of the car in one picture, giving people a better understanding of what the car looks like at once than having to go through 5 or 6 different pics to see the whole vehicle.
One day this is perfectly fine, the next day my cars are being ejected from Classic because they are said to be "edited." I understand they are edited to have multiple views in one shot, but what in the world is wrong with that? If anything it is saving the site some hard drive space for more cars to be shown. If a moderator could please answer my question on this it would be appreciated, because as of right now I am not real pleased with those rules. It is upsetting to me that I can't put some of my cars in the category they truly belong in since there is no true editing done to them.
(E.G. "True Editing": Anonymous decides to put up a picture of his tuned ride on the site, but he dislikes the background and decides to make his own to put in its place. He then decides that since the windows are not reflecting the background correctly he should create his own reflections to more accurately respresent his custom background. Then he puts it up on the site.)
That is true editing, so thusly it should be put in the Artistic or Wallpaper category. What me and a few other people are doing is just consolidating so we don't have to take off six different pictures everytime we upload an update to a vehicle.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

i did not think up the rules, i just try to make sure people follow them
i understand your point of view, but imo editing is editing and if its edited, its not going to classic
Gryphon22
Stock
Stock

Thank You

Post by Gryphon22 »

I hear you and I am not mad at anyone personally. I just find it kind of annoying I am gonna have to go back to the Front View and Rear View only pictures. Oh well, guess that means less picture taking for me! *maniacal laughter* Thank you very much for replying to my question so quickly, that usually doesnt happen on forums so I am quite impressed. And yes, this is still by far my favorite NFS site.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

The reason such a rule was used for the classic category was because it's easier to spot editing on a plain picture than on one with additionals views added. The thing is that once we allow a little of editing, a lot of users will try to edit their pictures more and more untill someday both categories will have the same looking pictures.
Type S
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Type S »

Other than that, there are some people that are real wizards of photoshop and can make nearly anything. Including the edited picture look like classic shoot, and that would look much better and refreshing than normal classic shoots. I have done that before, back on SR2 days and no one noticed and i dont consider myself a wizard.

There is only one solution that crossed my mind. In SR2 where there ware sr challenges
rule was to upload pic that was showing 3 classic shoots but in official nfsunlimited SR frame. Anything different was deleted.
User deactivated: user deactivated by request
shu_0036
Drift King
Drift King

Post by shu_0036 »

Yap, when 1st time visit this site's sr, I was break the classic rules... many..
Now, I know (already read the rule..)
No edited picture in classic..
Dr.Motor
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dr.Motor »

Well people everybody knows that are edited cars in classics categoy and never were ejected, why is that?, is because the popularity or what?, it must be equal for all in here.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

If there are edited cars in the Classic category, it's quite possible that they just slipped past the moderators. They're only human after all.
Dr.Motor
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dr.Motor »

I hope
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

I phone home
lol wut
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

yeah, i might miss some every now and then... i cant possibly keep track of the entire SR :lol:
tavaski
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by tavaski »

I will remove those that I have at once...

Return to “The Showroom”