Question About Uploading

Everything related to the website services Showroom and Showroom Challenge.
DLGabriel
Stock
Stock

Question About Uploading

Post by DLGabriel »

Hey all, I'm a bit of a newbie here and not exactly computer savvy, so forgive my slight ignorance, but I have a question regarding how to go about uploading my cars. So here's the deal...

I'm using a PS2 and a DVD recorder... Initially I thought, no problem, record the video from the game onto a DVD, put the DVD into the computer, take individual screenshots from said video... Sounds easy, right?

Well, apparently my lack of computer knowledge is preventing my from extracting individual screenshots from the video. Call me crazy, but that seems like a fairly straight forward thing to do, yet I still can't seem to figure it out.

I figure there's got to be a really easy way to do this so long as I have the right equipment. Trouble is, I am exceptionally broke at the moment and can not afford to buy a bunch of fancy new stuff.

So, basically, my question is this...

Does anoyone know of a FREE program/software download (and where to get it, obviously) that would allow me to import a video and take individual screenshots from said video and be able to save them as regular images?

And my second question is this, anyone know of the previously mentioned easier way to extract images from a PS2? I am aware of the image request thing, found elsewhere on this forum, but to be honest, so of the cars are quite involved and complicated in design and I would hate to bother a kind soul with such.

Anyway, I would very much appreciate any assistance any of you can give on this topic. Thanks.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Question About Uploading

Post by Bojan »

For exporting images from video you can use VLC player http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
I think if you go into the screen menu there's a take screenshot option.

The easiest way to extract images from the ps2 is if you have a tv tuner on your pc. Then you simply plug the ps2 into the tvtuner and take screen caps on the pc.
DLGabriel
Stock
Stock

Post by DLGabriel »

TV Tuner for the PC?

Could you elaborate a little...

I managed got get some images, but they're kind of crappy quality.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

tv tuner is a little card you plug into your pc
not overly expensive, but since you're broke.. :?
some people take pics with their digicam.. that could work maybe?
DLGabriel
Stock
Stock

Post by DLGabriel »

Thanks for the help guys... I managed to get the DVD working alright, still not the best quality, but it'll do until I can get some better equipment, should have some cars up in a few days. Thanks Again...

Return to “The Showroom”