The return of SRChallenge

Everything related to the website services Showroom and Showroom Challenge.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

The return of SRChallenge

Post by Bojan »

Yes, that's right, SRChallenge is ready for a test drive and let's take NFS Carbon for a spin. Give us ideas what kind of challenge would you want the first returning SRChallenge to be. What marked Carbon the most?
Dr.Motor
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: The return of SRChallenge

Post by Dr.Motor »

WEll finally something challenging...IMO it should be a team creation theme, like the drifters teams or something like that, presented on a smoth pres too.
And for such a challenge the respective prize too :twisted:
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Meh, I've forgotten Carbon already...

I like the idea of teams, but I honestly can't see how that can be applied very well. In the end it'll end up just being a vinyl contest.

Why don't we just do it like TC2, with customization freedom open to interpretation, but also have some sort of categories that the cars can go in. For example, rally-themed cars are real easy to make in Carbon because of the new vinyl system. I can't think of any more categories, but I'm sure some of the other members will have ideas to contribute.
Dr.Motor
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dr.Motor »

Yeah a specific theme like rally or drift could be nice but not too original IMO, it could be more dificult and challenging make a team of 2 rides for a same theme, whatever it be: rally, drift, contest, etc.
Ideas keep coming to us [-o<
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

Im in for the Elegance theme. Or lets call it Le elegante tuning :D I guess we all know what that means, no ricing parts, no decals, no fancy window tints... just pure elegance.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

With the team challenge, it could mean having to use a team logo in the layout, which is visible.
Elegance is good too though...
Dr.Motor
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dr.Motor »

Why a Logo? it could be an original design, thats should be more dificult and about elegance it could good but not too original cuz there are more racing parts than elegance ones so it could be repetitive or stock rides without any imagination IMO.
Better could be...Team tuning, Elengance Tuning and Street tuning...or something like this but on difernt categories like on the React profiles, just let the ppl choose your best and finally you choose one of each categ, yeah that could be nice too.
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

make like a Euro, American, and JDM car Category
Dr.Motor
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dr.Motor »

Ok wich is the base theme for each car style?...in this case is better Tuner, Muscle and exotic :? but is probably that the contest theme be a poor theme so...peace out.

Keep the imagination alive plz :roll: :lol: 8)
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

Dude, you obviously heavent been in here in days of SR Challenge 2 and 1. There were themes like flaming car, devil or angel, drift style, sleeper, pink! etc... as for team tuning and something about people choosing whats your best among many of yours.. nah. Keep it simple, keep it anonnimus,and fun. Just like the old days
Dr.Motor
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dr.Motor »

Thats what i talking about, a decent theme like drift or "flaming" or something like that, and i never said that ppl should choose among all MY cars, i said LET THE PPL CHOOSE THEM, clear now? and yes i wasnt be here for the prev challenge so what? im giving my opinion and sugesting something, thats what the weekly report saids, but if The Old Members have any problem with us, the noobies, so you should choose the theme for the challenge and not ask for the ppl opinion.
Anonimous? why? if this will be a challenge it musnt be anonimous i think.
Peace out 8)
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

If not anonimous people will instantly vote for Xx_EVO_xX, BAMF, D-Tox or some other popular tuners in the showroom. There should be limit of 20 cars and thats it. Trust me, ive been there and it worked superb!

20 anonimous cars done in one theme... vote for your best.There are also admins that track ip voting so that its impossible for users to have miltiple accounts jus tto vote 5,6 times for self. Thats an instant bad. All rest is pure fun. Just that there used to be a reward of 500 points that were added to your overall points earned by winning duels. At the end there was this top 10 ranking showing people with most points, and those were best tuners, the ones that won most duels and most challenges. And that was the most fun time of this site. Too bad that everybody wanted to be on top no matter what so too many people cheated with hackings, miltiple accounts etc. Rankings, points, duels and challenges were removed from SR witch resulted as fall of SR2. Next was MW and i guess u know the story from than.

What i wanted to say.... just let it be as it was, and i am the happiest person on this site
Dr.Motor
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dr.Motor »

Yeah you are right on the anonimous, part anonimous, cuz yeah many ppl just vote Name´s users and is not nice IMO, ok they made his own reputation and earned it but sometimes they just vote a name, you are right on that =D>
And how this multiple counts works if the Pc id is always the same? and it is not needed eigther IMO [-X .
So lets the challenge start plz :mrgreen:
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

Well, you could vote from your school. And yeh... lets get it started!
Dr.Motor
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dr.Motor »

Hey nobody else have an idea? and Bojan, on this Srchallenge could give to the winners some prize like on the UG2 challenge if im not wrong.
dk_speedrun
Stock
Stock

Post by dk_speedrun »

lets keep a 1 on 1 challenge and arrange matches like these......just like the show "biker build off"....it will b like a tournament....plzz correct me if m wrong....
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

dk_speedrun wrote:lets keep a 1 on 1 challenge and arrange matches like these......just like the show "biker build off"....it will b like a tournament....plzz correct me if m wrong....
Hmm, I think those can be done thru Duels right.?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

The defining characteristic of Carbon was the car classes and tiers. We should consider ideas that have those two as their central theme.

For example:
Three major groups (Tuners, Muscles, Exotics) with three minor subgroups in each (Stage 1, 2, 3). Subthemes in each subgroup can be decided on later. These subthemes should exemplify the type of car they belong to (e.g. Drag racers for muscles).

Just another idea I'm throwing out there.
dk_speedrun
Stock
Stock

Post by dk_speedrun »

@adnan
yes its a bit like duels only....but here there will b finals ,semi-finals and all tht stuff......just like a tournament....wat say?
tb3nz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by tb3nz »

id suggest a DUB style mod to be a part of the contest..Tuners,Exotics and Muscles could be a part in it and it all depends on how u do it..just a suggestion though and if im wrong anyone is welcome to correct me..im a newbie here and im lookin forward to the challenge..

Return to “The Showroom”