Where are we now? Is Pro Street over?

Everything related to the website services Showroom and Showroom Challenge.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Where are we now? Is Pro Street over?

Post by baumaxx1 »

:cry:
Is it just me, or is the Showroom dying? It's been a few months since Prostreet now, many users have come and gone, many veterans are leaving and taking breaks, and those still active haven't got all the time they used to have. It's a worry when a car shoots to the top with 30 stars under it's belt.

To those still churning out the creations, keep the site alive, hope we can find new ways to breath life into this site and keep the users. Showroom Challenge is good, but there needs to be a stronger community, more competition. Is anyone else seeing this, or is it just a bit of a low spot?
tb3nz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Where are we now? Is Pro Street over?

Post by tb3nz »

agreed ;) .. well bout not having the time to do it.. well its just that we cant push people to make rides.. and those who wanna make quality rides IMHO probably brings out only a max of 4 rides for a month.. ask yourself..how often do u upload one? i bet u take the time to get all the details proper right? if u ask me ill say the site is still pretty much alive.. but we are not seeing the 'real' good quality rides that we used to see.. like u said a car reaching top with just 30 stars under its belt is kinda sick to hear..though there are still so many good tuners around its just bein overwhelmed by the cars uploaded too often.. there are people who upload cars like 2-3 days once.. but what they dont realise is people can get sick of it..and they loose the genuine comments.. all i can say is.. PLEASE.. PLEASE dont upload cars for the sake of doing it.. upload the car for the passion of it and then you'll know how valueable is each n everysingle rate and comment.. ;) ..go for the quality..and not the quantity..
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Yeah, I'm aware that we can't push people to make rides, but I agree about quality>quantity. It's just not as busy as it was before, which is a shame after a few months. Methinks we need EA to make a better game.

edit: Today's more alive at least.
tb3nz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by tb3nz »

oh hell yeah EA definitely has to do something about it.. they are pretty much drifted away from the right path and hope they get themselves back on track..
korbandallas
Ricer
Ricer

Post by korbandallas »

I haven't been on this site for too long. I uploaded 10 cars in the last month or so. I try to upload quality over quantity and I try to have creativity in the rides I make. Its a sure thing that we are limited in the vinyl choice, that means that there is a certain limit to what can be done, some tuners use a lot of creativity in their rides where others seem to produce rides just to get volume.
I try to be as creative as I can with my rides. It sometimes works and sometimes it dosen't creativity, looks and taste can't be discussed but dosent mean everybody will like it.
I upload cars for my own personal pleasure, its fun to get comments, I wish my rides gets good ratings but I can understand when I dont get good ones and dont bother with it.
BUT...
Sometimes I feel that the great rides sometimes get silenced by the sheer number of users uploading cars only to upload them. Some of the cars dont please me, Its my own personal taste, I feel like there is a underwritted style that people seem to prefer here. Some rides that are , in my opinion, a bit un-creative, get uber ratings cuz it follows the classic style that seems to be liked overall here. e.g.: classic tuner style with stripes and tons of decals.
I also red a lot on people talking about downvoters, that's bad and should't be there.
So some people create great rides but if they dont fit the style it dosent get good ratings. We should be creative with the ride producing but we should also be open minded when reviewing rides.

Also I felt that the raxle challenged silenced the showroom the week before the challenge voting started. Lot less cars uploaded. I also think its natural that people produce less rides since we naturallly loose interest in that type of things as time goes by. So I say a showroom slowdown is to be expected. Maybe all better tuners will stay and the lesser quality rides will gradually leave the showroom. Maybe its just for the better.

I have a life and I can't concentrate on creating rides galore and I also need to "feel" the ride I'm creating in order to create and upload a quality ride. Sometimes I can be a month without proper inspiration to create rides, so I say that you can't be rushed to create ride it has to come naturally or its going to become improvisation on a single theme.

I say if you want to keep the showroom active I say that you could create proposed themes, without it being a challenge, having a set crew of site staff members that wiould be a voting pannel that could regulate the tops in the showroom, cuz it is not right to have rides with 30 ratings being on top of some of the great rides here. That crew could have ratings that would count more that standard ratings.
And finally, elitism has to be at zero. Not that I saw too much here, compared to other boards I participate in, but I feel there is a tiny bit of that here and some "nothing special" rides get ultra ratings while creative and different rides created by casual members dong get good ratings.
Its my 2 cents.

BTW dont go and think Im frustrated about my rides not getting ratings, My rides do get good ratings and one of them has been featured in the SRW so Its not about me or my rides, Its something I saw in general happening here.
its my opinion and I respect it ;)
*insert hillarious signature here*
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Yeah, rush hour was fun while it lasted... never seen this happen, but then again, I was active when underground 2 was alive, during the end of carbon, which was fairly busy, and PS. I guess poor game sales could be a factor.

About down voting, that's gone since star ratings, now I suspect some people are unsure how to use them.
xennon119
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by xennon119 »

Ok. I must agree with u baumaxx. I think prostreet offers so much new things in designing still we are very limited in layers and shapes. so problem we face is making a quality cars. I upload 1 car each month or so. But i enjoy watching them, especially the preses. So every car i do has a pres. because trough it i can make it special and make my work unique with part of my soul in it.
The turner i really dislike is Rx-7 which uploads 2-3 cars a day, which are so simple and mostly suxy. I check them but never rate them. He lives of one car but even the pres was done by u baumaxx.
Turners are leaving- true, but new ones are not coming in such scale.
Not only that i miss Rayquaza, SpeedC, Aik.Turner, enzo.ph, and many more my generation of turners is trully almost gone now. Only me and angelix left (he is brother of original angleix) so that leaves me alone. :8 this became kinda sad place for me full of memories :(
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Ahh... the good old days. Wish I came earlier. It was quite good.
-about Rx7, he did upload many cars, but I didn't think he was so bad. I liked quite a few.

I'm seeing some talent popping up still, but this place isn't what it once was. SR2 was huge in comparison. Aww well, we'll have out for the next NFS and keep doing our thing. It seems a bit more chillaxed nowdays.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Personally, I think that the partial lack of customization options in ProStreet contributed; there were more cars and more vinyls than usual, but the lack of bodykits made it somewhat hard to come up with original stuff. I don't know how, it just did.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Yeah, why neglect the kits? Damn EA.
tb3nz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by tb3nz »

baumaxx1 wrote:Yeah, why neglect the kits? Damn EA.
its probably because of the 'downforce technology' that they came up with.. 4 bodykits with downforce option on all the cars is not an easy job.. imagine if they had bodykits selection like UG2 and the wanna do something like the downforce thing.. its probably gonna take a whooping 10gb from the harddisk.. so.. that kinda explains it why we are left with SCREWED UP bodykit selections.. i just wish we had choices like UG2.. :(
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Nah, I doubt bodykits would take up that much, and code shouldn't be a whole lot. It's textures, sound and meshes that take up lots of space, and each car uses it's own body meshes anyway.

Also, a few people have made their way from this showroom http://gallery.needforspeed.sk/index.php?cat=7 and it's actually impressive.
Cipher
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Cipher »

Yea,the showroom is dead,lately I have been trying to bring back the UG1-UG2 showrooms by uploading 2-3 cars at a time,but I have been lacking in my signature style,so i will slow down to maybe 2 a day that are reallly good.
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by speed_man »

Yeah i have been working on Underground 2 also
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Okay, I actually used to go to the showroom a decent amount, a very long time ago. Didn't upload many cars, but still browsed.

You wonder why it's dead? We have a crap load of better games, and let's face it, it takes anywhere from 1-3 hours to make a real sick car in Pro Street. Wait for the new NFS in the 4th quarter of the year, things should pick up... but until the trend of newer, better games ends, it still may be slow. :wink:

Return to “The Showroom”