[Finished] AE86 - CTC3 - Tuning Challenge

Everything related to the website services Showroom and Showroom Challenge.

CTC 4 - ProStreet Challenge Voting!

Pearlescent Paint Challenge
4%
Two tone Challenge... Two colours; three is acceptable too if the third is an outline.
6%
Elegante Challenge... Upper class tuning.
2%
Rally Challenge
12%
Clean JDM... Body Kits are kept simple, a street look, meaning simple vinyls, and more emphasis on a clean, tuned appearance.
24%
Car Audio... especially difficult without audio decals, but anything to do with music goes really.
6%
Exotic Tuning Specials... Tune an exotic, keep it clean, but make it stand out.
4%
GT1 Challenge... Race prepped exotica... originals!
10%
D1 GP Challenge
27%
Oriental Challenge... Putting those import vinyls into good use.
6%

Total votes: 51

baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

[Finished] AE86 - CTC3 - Tuning Challenge

Post by baumaxx1 »

News:
Sorry about the small delay... I did get CTC4 Running, D1GP challenge for NFS ProStreet and Juiced 2. However, by the time CTC3 finished, I was still out, but doesn't matter, I'm here now.

So.... the winner of CTC 3, AE86 challenge is... FnF's Stillen Drift Team Corolla. A well deserved win for a fantastic drift car! Congratulations! Second place was taken by speed_man's Slippin n Slidin, with a cleaner, street-tuned look than it's competitors standing out nicely. Dr. Motor has also continued to consistently finish in the grand final, taking third place with his drifter, Droid Boss. Finally, the X1 Award goes to skyline95's Bilstein Corolla Drift Monster, who came so close to the final and put up a great fight. Thanks to all who entered and voted for making this the biggest CTC thus far. Good luck for next time!

Yes, please upload your cars now! Post links here, and I'll put them in.
Updated 23 August 2008

Name change to clear up any confusion, other than that... we're in the final day. Good Luck! Should be good. 8) Also, as there are 3 cars in the final due to a tie the 3rd place play-off is now the X1 award, because it's for 4th place really, but that sounds lame, so its for those runners up in the semi-final that still deserve a spot in the Hall of Fame.
Updated 21 August 2008

Moving along now, there are 2 days of competition remaining, just in time to open up the next Prostreet competition on Friday. Slippin n Slidin is through to the final, and we have 3 cars off to the 3rd place playoff... So, in a group of 5, 1 car, ♫ Firestarter ♫, was knocked out, one vote away from a 4 w[/color]ay tie, lol. Bad luck. Good luck to those who made it though.

Now we're in the second semi-final, and this battle should be just as intense as the last. Stay tuned people!
Updated 20 August 2008

Well, congratulations on the rest of the finalists; Renesys, ♫ Firestarter ♫, Toyo Drifting Team Corolla, Stillen drift team and Droid Boss. Better luck next time to Dragon Rage, it was an incredibly close group, 1 vote between 1st and second, a tie for second and Dragon Rage missing out by 1 vote... damn! :lol: Well, here we are at the semi-finals, and we can only expect closer battles, especially in this group of five... ouch! Good luck, and may the best cars make it to the final.

Also, another reminder to those who didn't get it; yes, the competition is titled old school drift, referring to the AE86... a mistake on my behalf. #-o Now, I remind you that the design regulations do not limit the car to being a drifter. The last thing I want is a bit of confusion caused by a name to hurt someone else's chances.

Now, for the ProStreet Tuners, D1GP challenge will be the theme for CTC4. Start getting ideas, look at some real D1 cars, plan your ride and have a play around. I believe the challenge will be to your usual suspects in terms of RWD cars, and some AWD ones that have been converted. Basically, whatever is, or is likely to be in D1, so a Zonda drifter will be out of place, and a luxurious, heavy CTS-V will be a little silly. I'll work on a car list. However, if a car isn't on the car list, but you can provide proof of a D1 eligible car like that, I can let you use it. Also, we don't want this to be full of replicas... make it your own thing. I'll also take Juiced 2 entries in a separate group if anyone's into that game, but I'll take them if you've made a ProStreet car, or don't have ProStreet... I want more numbers, lol... last time was pretty small. Good luck.
Updated 19 August 2008

Final 2 groups are up before the semi-finals. Congratulations to Midnight Runner, Slippin n Slidin, D1 Haiciroku and Bilstein Corolla Drift Monster who are through to the semis. Better luck next time to those who did not make it. Please bear in mind that this is an anonymous competition, wait until the end of the competition to upload. Also, a misconception has come up, with some people criticising a car as it's not drift-like enough. The design regulations do not stipulate that it has to be a drifter, so please don't hurt a car's chance because it isn't a drifter, it never had to be.
Updated 18 August 2008

The first 2 groups are up! Check them both out and vote! 2 More tough ones tomorrow. Good luck to all! To go to the voting pages, click on the banner for the respective groups, or the cars.
Updated 17 August 2008

The poll for the next ProStreet Challenge is up. Cast your 2 votes.
Also, I'd like to hear any interest for an underground 1 and Carbon tuning comp, but those showrooms seem pretty flat. And, Juiced 2 is a possibility if it's good, lol. (Still lags despite a major upgrade that sees my computer capable enough to run Crysis on high... rightio.)

I apologise for the 3 week delay... 1 week was a result of exams... 2 were because my computer went. It's all good now though... chucked in new RAM, GFX, CPU and Mobo and repaired windows and it's awesome. Protstreet is maxxed @ 1280x1024 with no AA.

The CTC hall of fame has been updated up to CTC2.

Winner
Stillen drift team by FnF

Runner-Up
Slippin n Slidin by speed_man

Third Place
Droid Boss by Dr. Motor

X1 Award
Bilstein Corolla Drift Monster by skyline95

Other Competitors:
:arrow: Midnight Runner by FrankieGThang
:arrow: H&R Drift Queen by m27
:arrow: D1 Hachiroku by NoXcious KiD
:arrow: Belleville East Haici by KammyworldRacerGT4
:arrow: Renesys by Smoky
:arrow: Snake Drifter by Nasko
:arrow: ♫ Firestarter ♫ by baumaxx1
:arrow: Toyo Drifting Team Corolla by ozzy89
:arrow: Dragon Rage by -Rx7-

Results

Group 1
37% :arrow: Midnight Runner
34% :arrow: Bilstein Corolla Drift Monster
27% :arrow: H&R Drift Queen
Verification

Group 2
40% :arrow: Slippin n Slidin
32% :arrow: D1 Hachiroku
28% :arrow: Belleville East Haici
Verification

Group 3
54% :arrow: Droid Boss
37% :arrow: Renesys
8% :arrow: Snake Drifter
Verification

Group 4
30% :arrow: Stillen Drift Team
26% :arrow: ♫ Firestarter ♫
26% :arrow: Toyo Drifting Team Corolla
17% :arrow: Dragon Rage
Verification

Semi Final 1
25% :arrow: Slippin n Slidin
20% :arrow: Midnight Runner
20% :arrow: Renesys
20% :arrow: Toyo Drifting Team Corolla
15% :arrow: ♫ Firestarter ♫
Verification

Semi Final 2
36% :arrow: Droid Boss
36% :arrow: Stillen Drift Team
16% :arrow: Bilstein Corolla Drift Monster
10% :arrow: D1 Hachiroku
Verification

X1 Award
33% :arrow: Bilstein Corolla Drift Monster
26% :arrow: Toyo Drifting Team Corolla
26% :arrow: Renesys
13% :arrow: Midnight Runner
Verification

Grand Final
38% :arrow: Stillen Drift Team
33% :arrow: Slippin n Slidin
27% :arrow: Droid Boss
Verification

Entry Closed
13 Entrants Accepted

COMPETITION FORMAT
:arrow: Group Stages, top 2 cars advance. Voting will be via a poll, which will be run for 1 day. Multiple Group Stages can be run at a time depending on the number of entrants.
:arrow: Updates will be posted in the showroom when a new round begins. Also, click my signature to go to the latest CTC page, and the latest competition status will be on the overlay.

DESIGN REGULATIONS
:arrow: The Toyota Corrola is the car required for this competition. Anything goes in terms of styling.
:arrow: Car is to be from Need For Speed Underground 2
:arrow: One entry picture (may contain multiple views).
:arrow: PS2 users may supply a parts list if they would like me to re-create their cars on PC.
:arrow: No editing allowed, must be original in-game images. Prevents unfair advantages.

GENERAL RULES:
:arrow: It's an anonymous challenge, don't upload it into the showroom or give it away. However, when the competition is over, you're encouraged to upload it.
:arrow: Any in-game view allowed, you may enter one image, but it may have multiple views on it... but no user names, or custom backgrounds. Images from TV or console aren't a problem. Car itself may not be edited.
e.g.
Demo image courtesy of a past Showroom challenge entry by Bobyx
:arrow: Don't try to cheat... it only spoils the fun.
:arrow: Have fun! :D

REGISTRATION
:arrow: Image is to be hosted outside of nfsunlimited.net. Register by sending the direct link of the image, and the car's title to the CTC coordinator (me, lol... just hit the PM button) that began the challenge/thread. And no, don't try to outsmart him.
:arrow: One car per user.
:arrow: Bearing the above in mind, you can change/revise your entry prior to the competition.
Last edited by baumaxx1 on 30 Aug 2008, 08:56, edited 22 times in total.
scoobeephantom
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Old School Drift - CTC3 - Tuning Challenge

Post by scoobeephantom »

this should be fun, but how do i put the car up again?
THE HIPPIES WERE RIGHT
RAZGRIZ
FnF
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FnF »

Voted for the poll, but missing more muscle orientated options...anyway I'm in nonetheless, just love these challenges :arrow: it really brings up extremely good cars everytime 8)
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

scoobeephantom wrote:this should be fun, but how do i put the car up again?
Read... lol. (You send me a PM with the car)
FnF wrote:Voted for the poll, but missing more muscle orientated options...anyway I'm in nonetheless, just love these challenges :arrow: it really brings up extremely good cars everytime 8)
Good point, lol. Elegant and 2 tone would be best suited if you're keen on muscle, but I see audio working too. Peel free to drop any ideas by.
Dr.Motor
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dr.Motor »

im in...i guess :?:
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Dr.Motor wrote:im in...i guess :?:
Yeah.
Dr.Motor
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dr.Motor »

Cool 8) 8)
FrankieGthang
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FrankieGthang »

hey bruh,did u accepted my ride?
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Uhh... when I e-mail ya... I was at school.
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

i dont see why it has to be just the AE86. I can see the thing being filled with designs based off intial D :roll:
Dr.Motor
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dr.Motor »

donaldgladden wrote:i dont see why it has to be just the AE86. I can see the thing being filled with designs based off intial D :roll:
The D design could be nice if it is on the right way, a bit hard to get on UG2 with 4 layers but nothing is impossible :mrgreen:
Good luck to everyone =D>
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by speed_man »

Well i am entered...I think???
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

Dr.Motor wrote:
donaldgladden wrote:i dont see why it has to be just the AE86. I can see the thing being filled with designs based off intial D :roll:
The D design could be nice if it is on the right way, a bit hard to get on UG2 with 4 layers but nothing is impossible :mrgreen:
Good luck to everyone =D>
rather be open for more cars for PS
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

None so far mate. I doubt they'd be competitive anyway.
tb3nz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by tb3nz »

coool.. nice to see the CTC 3 up and running.. :D .. cant wait to see the cars ;) .. and if im not wrong i think i saw the bling-bling choice up in the poll for the next CTC.. where did it go!! :P .. coz i had an idea actually.. lol.. anyways bro keep up the good work.. looking forward to seeing some really good cars up :) ..
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

tb3nz wrote:coool.. nice to see the CTC 3 up and running.. :D .. cant wait to see the cars ;) .. and if im not wrong i think i saw the bling-bling choice up in the poll for the next CTC.. where did it go!! :P .. coz i had an idea actually.. lol.. anyways bro keep up the good work.. looking forward to seeing some really good cars up :) ..
Bling bvling/elegant I saw as being the same, but if you want I can bring it back.
m27
Ricer
Ricer

Post by m27 »

Nothing is impossible 8) I like Underground series the most so Im happy that here is another u2 challange
Dr.Motor
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dr.Motor »

Why CTC4 is on PS again? the CTC4 should be a Carbon one imo, PS s*cks. :mrgreen:
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Dr.Motor wrote:Why CTC4 is on PS again? the CTC4 should be a Carbon one imo, PS s*cks. :mrgreen:
Hmm.... I can open the next challenge up to carbon too... and have a separate comp for them. If you entered the PS one, you can do carbon too.

The Underground 2 ones are great though... a few days and already 12 entrants.

edit: after toying with juiced... I may make a Juiced group... but the different titles will run separately.
skyline95
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by skyline95 »

Well, I've sended one beutiful AE86, now, please baumaxx1, tell me if I'm in! PLEASE! I really want to be in this competition!
Keep Your Eyes Open, And Your Foot Down!
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by speed_man »

Hey Baumaxx, am i am in or not?
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

skyline95 wrote:Well, I've sended one beutiful AE86, now, please baumaxx1, tell me if I'm in! PLEASE! I really want to be in this competition!
Lol, chill mate. I was sleeping.
speed_man wrote:Hey Baumaxx, am i am in or not?
Yeah... did u get my PM?
skyline95
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by skyline95 »

Lol, sorry for waking you up bro, good to know I'm in, tnx for the PM! :wink:

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE IN THIS CTC!
Keep Your Eyes Open, And Your Foot Down!
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

skyline95 wrote:Lol, sorry for waking you up bro, good to know I'm in, tnx for the PM! :wink:

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE IN THIS CTC!
Lol, don't worry, you didn't wake me, it's not possible with forums, lol. I'm just saying I can't reply straight away... you sent that at 11:07 PM AU time, lol, and you sounded a bit impatient.
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by speed_man »

baumaxx, i didnt get the pm :?

Return to “The Showroom”