zero2HEROChallenge!!

Everything related to the website services Showroom and Showroom Challenge.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

zero2HEROChallenge!!

Post by GT3x24x7 »

EDIT: zero2HERO Challenge Links...

Garage Links: zero2HERO1 zero2HERO2 zero2HERO3

Welcome to zero2HERO Challenge!!

Yes, it's challenge time again crew, and this time all the stops are pulled!! Thanks to the incandescent mind of our esteemed fellow forumer, Summ, this comp is to be the biggest and best yet! Summ has devised a comp to top all comps - entrants will submit three - yes three car pics of the same car, in three states of tune, from a lowly level 1 drudgemobile, though the happy medium level 2, and onto a MAXXED level three version of the one car!!! The whole idea is to demonstrate your modding skills as you progress through the game.

Check these demo cars, made by the mysterious mastermind himself, then read on to the rules below...
Attachments
z2H Demo - Summ Celica 3.jpg
Outta there with level 3!!!
(53.55 KiB) Downloaded 6673 times
z2H Demo - Summ Celica 2.jpg
Getting there with level 2...
(51.6 KiB) Downloaded 6671 times
z2H Demo - Summ Celica 1.jpg
The tame level 1 version...
(52.72 KiB) Downloaded 6673 times
Last edited by GT3x24x7 on 09 Apr 2004, 12:43, edited 5 times in total.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Welcome to zero2HERO Challenge!!

Yes, you read right - we'll be needing three cars from entrants in this one - all the same car, but in different levels of tune. Now pay attention here crew, cuz the rules are a little different to previous comps, especially when it comes to selecting a car!! Please read through the rules carefully.

Car Selection

Unlike previous comps, with zero2HERO, you don't get to choose any old car and go mod it. Oh no!! With this one we want to ensure that there are no two cars the same in the comp. We're gonna do this by bidding, on a first-in, best-dressed basis. More on that later. Now you know that you'll be submitting three car pics, but be sure that you must use the same car for all three pics!! You must also use the car that you bid for and won. Again, more on the bidding later.

Three Garages

In order to allow the submission of three cars per entrant, zero2HERO will open three garages in the showroom - one to hold the level one cars, one for the level 2's and the third for.. wait for it... yes it's the level three cars. All cars will be posted to these garages simultaneously when the comp opens in the showroom and at that point the voting can begin as normal. The garages will be called, not surprisingly, zero2HERO-1, zero2HERO-2 and zero2HERO-3.

Note also here that in a slight change from previous comps, there is no demo car posted in these garages. This leaves an extra slot open for one more entrant. Ain't I nice!!

Design

First up, on the design side - the usual rules. There will be no custom made parts. Also, for this comp the decision is final that no unique parts whatsoever will be used - that goes for both visual and performance parts. This is to keep the playing field level, and yes, it does mean that there are no widebodies allowed as these are unique parts.

Your First Car: Ok, your first car must be all level 1. That's all level 1 visual parts and all level 1 performance parts. No higher level parts allowed, though you can use stock parts if you wish.

Your Second Car: The second car must, of course, be a maximum of level 2 - visually and performance-wise. You can also use and level 1 and/or stock parts. Two unique parts become available at level 2 - unique hoods and unique rims, so you can use those too.

Your Third Car: I think you're catching on! The third car can use level three, level two, level 1 or stock parts, in any combination. You can also use any unqiue parts you like in level 3.

Body Parts and Rims: As stated, you must use body parts up to and including the level appropriate to the car your building. Stock parts are always allowed, parts from levels higher than the car are not allowed.

Accessories: Many accessories, such as heads and tails, only become available at higher levels. These can only be used on the car appropriate to that level.

Paint: Paint is available in three levels - you'll remember having to buy level 2 and level 3 paints as you went through the game. You must use paints up to the appropriate level on each of your cars. This rule applies when painting any part of the car - base colour, rims, vinyls, spoiler, whatever can be painted must be painted with appropriate level paints.

Decals: Decals are not specific to any level. Any decal can be selected. However the areas on which you can place decals are level-specific. For example, at level 1, you can only slap decals on your front and rear screens. You can certainly decide not to use decals at all, but if you do, be suire and only place them in the zones that the current level allows.

Vinyls: Vinyls are also available in the three levels, and again you must use only those vinyls up to and including the overall level of the car. Vinyls are optional, you can choose not to use any if you wish. Custom made vinyls? No dice.

Unique Parts Uniques become available as you progress through the game, some are available at earlier levels then others. Here's how that will be handled...
  • Unique Hoods - available for level 2 and level 3 cars
    Unique Rims - available for level 2 and level 3 cars
    Unqiue Spoilers - available for level 3 only
    Unique Vinyls - (the ones from Samantha) available for level 3 only
    Widebody Kits - available for level 3 only
Performance Parts: In keeping with the whole theme, you must also tune your car with performance parts of the appropriate level. The level 1 car needs all level 1 performance parts and so on. You are quite welcome to stick with lower level or even stock performance parts, but... why would you?

Vinyls List

When it comes to checking entries to be sure they fit the rules, most parts etc are asily identified. But imagine the task I'd have if I had to browse through the vinyls in game and check 45 cars to make sure they're the right level! To help out with this, please make a note of the vinyls you've used on each car and put it in your email. This will make that job so much easier.

Bidding

So, what's all this about bidding, I hear you ask? Heh - I bet you skipped over that stuff above and came straight here, didn't you!! Ok, here's how it works. Like I said before, each entrant will be posting a different car. To do this, you're gonna bid for the car you want to mod from the cars listed below. Because there's only fifteen slots in the comp, and 20 cars in game, I've been awfully scientific and chosen the 15 most popular cars from the showroom, going by the numbers of cars posted there for each model. Here's the list, with the number of showroom submissions listed alongside..
  • Skyline (867)
    Eclipse (657)
    RX7 (448)
    RSX (417)
    Civic (395)
    206 (378)
    Golf (374)
    Miata/MX5 (354)
    S2000 (335)
    350Z (308)
    Supra (291)
    Celica (216)
    Impreza (190)
    Tiburon (190)
    Lancer (162)
This leaves the Focus, Integra, Sentra, Neon and 240SX out in the cold, I'm afraid.

Ok, so to bid, simply make a post below, listing the car you bid for. It works on a first-come, best-dressed basis, so the guy that bids the Supra first will get the rights to the Supra. Because of this, there's not much point in bidding for a car that someone else has already bid for. If your fave car is already bid - don't get the CAPS out and cry like a baby, suck it up and bid something else already!!

In the case where a guys successfully bids a car, and then can't be in the comp for whatever reason - pulls out, doesn't make the deadline etc, the next guy who bid for that car will get the prize. Please note that you must only bid once!!! Only the first bid from a repeat bidder will be considered - the rest will be ignored. The only exception here is a guy that mistakenly bids for a car that's already taken, and then re-bids on a free one.

A final note here, while it will likely be fairly plain as to who was won what car from the order of the bids, I will make that final call when there are enough bids received. At that stage, I will post the official entrant list here in this topic. Only then is it official who is in and who is not.

Entry

Ok, this stuff is all fairly same-same from previous comps. Once again, email is the only way to submit your cars. Once I've confirmed with you that you are the successful bidder, make your cars, attach all three pics to a single message and send them to zero2HEROChallenge@hotmailcom. Please note that to make it successfully into the showroom, and also to make it successfully through Hotmail, each pic can be no larger than 256kb, must be taken from the Quick Race of Customize screen, must be 800x600 pix, and your profile name must be showing. These are the rules of the showroom.

In your email, please be sure and include your NFS Showroom nick, and I'll also need to know what descriptions you want posted on your cars, if anything. Note that because of the bidding arrangements, a deadline is imposed for submitting your cars - you must have all three cars into the zero2HEROChallenge mailbox no mater than 48 hours after I confirm your successful bid. Miss the deadline, and I will mercilessly notify the next guy who bid for your car that he's now in the comp. You can bet he won't be as slow to submit!!

Now most people are aware that Hotmail itself imposes some pretty severe space restrictions on free accounts. The limit is 2Mb, so that means that it won't take very many entries before the mailbox is full. While I'll be making every effort to regularly move entries outta there to free up space, if you do get an 'undeliverable' bounceback because the mailbox is full, please keep trying, I will get to it eventually. If this causes you to miss your deadline, I will accept a forward of the undeliverable receipt email as a valid excuse and give you some grace.

Showroom

As mentioned, the cars will be posted under three separate NFS Unlimited showroom nicks. Level 1 cars will go up under the zero2HERO-1 nick, level 2's under zero2HERO-2 and the level 3 cars will be posted under zero2HERO-3. All cars will be posted at the same time to these nicks, so all three garages will be open for voting simultaneously. The fact that these nicks are all very similar means that if you search for plain ol' 'zero2HERO', the search will return all of the challenge cars in one fell swoop. As usual, the cars will be posted on Thursday, after the HotHatch challenge winds up, and the comp will run for one week.

Voting

The usual rules apply. Votes will be tallied in three categories, Guest, User and Entrant. You are permitted to vote for your own cars, but please be aware that these votes will not be counted in the vote tallying. Also, entrants are strongly urged to vote for all other cars in the comp, because my voting system works such that if you don't vote a car, I count it as if you had voted a 10.

As you can imagine, the task of vote tallying is more than tripled with this comp. I've already reduced the frequency of my challenge updates, and I gotta say, my early morning quality of life has improved dramatically since that decision was made!! Throughout this comp, the only periodic tallying I'll be doing is to check in on who voted and who hasn't - these lists will be posted in this topic along with links to the cars so people can easily get to the cars they've missed.

At the end of the comp, all votes will be tallied and a final, overall rating will be announced here for each entrant's cars. This will be simply be the average of the three individual car ratings I calculate for each entrant's cars in each of the three voting categories.

Placings

Final placings are determined from the winners of the individual voting categories...

Third Place: The entrant with the highest average guest rating across his three cars.
Second Place: The guy with the highest average user rating on his cars.
First Place: The modder who scores the highest average entrant rating across his cars.

Ok, enuff said. If you've read this far without bidding, you're doing it wrong!! Get in there!!! :D
Last edited by GT3x24x7 on 28 Mar 2004, 04:29, edited 4 times in total.
M_S
Professional
Professional

Post by M_S »

ok my mitsubishi eclipse gsx do u like its from my ps2 :D
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

i'll take the tiburon :twisted:
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

Let it be VW Golf, as it's the only brand I owned that's represented in the game. ! Now :twisted:

tough to choose!
Last edited by UrQuattro on 27 Mar 2004, 02:33, edited 2 times in total.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

im in, but it wont be until tomorrow when i send the cars
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
FlamingNeon417
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FlamingNeon417 »

i take the 350Z
M_S
Professional
Professional

Post by M_S »

soz about that i didnt read the instructions
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

man it's to complicated... for me.... seen the amount of text..... wow.....will take me ages to read it...
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

I want the lancer myself!! :D

Bidding Progress

• Skyline
    Eclipse
    RX7
    RSX
    Civic
    Golf - UrQuattro
    MX5
    S2000
    350Z - FlamingNeon417
    Supra
    Celica
    Impreza
    Tiburon - Viper_gts
    Lancer - GT3x24x7
All you have to do is post the name of the car you want to mod. Simple as that!! The car needs to be on this list, and not taken by someone else...
Last edited by GT3x24x7 on 27 Mar 2004, 03:49, edited 2 times in total.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

am I stupid or.... what am I not getting on this comp.... GT you make it more complicated everytime.... man Im just a simple driving instructor....

but I think I get... it exept for the bidding parts is still a bit of a mistery
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

you bid - therefore you secure the spot in the challenge AND choose the one car you gonna mod. Comon Stig, you can do it! ;)
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

GT3x24x7 wrote:All you have to do is post the name of the car you want to mod. Simple as that!! The car needs to be on this list, and not taken by someone else...
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

Civic please.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

• Bidding Progress

Skyline
    Eclipse
    RX7
    RSX
    Civic - SuperRacer
    Golf - UrQuattro
    MX5
    S2000
    350Z - FlamingNeon417
    Supra
    Celica
    Impreza
    Tiburon - Viper_gts
    Lancer - GT3x24x7
Last edited by GT3x24x7 on 27 Mar 2004, 03:48, edited 1 time in total.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

OK simple 206!!!!!!!!!1
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Phew!! Now we can all get some sleep...:D
  • zero2HERO Bidding Progress

Skyline
    Eclipse
    RX7
    RSX
    Civic - SuperRacer
    206 - TheStig
    Golf - UrQuattro
    MX5
    S2000
    350Z - FlamingNeon417
    Supra
    Celica
    Impreza
    Tiburon - Viper_gts
    Lancer - GT3x24x7
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

Is there a deadline set or did I miss something?
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Yes - you have 48 hours from the time of your bid to get your cars in to the zero2HEROChallenge@hotmail.com addy. Miss the deadlin and the car opens back up for bidding...
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

yeah... when do you wan't the car at the latest....cause if I get it right the ones who already got there names in are also in the game....

I can't get the car up soon (hope tomorrow but if I don't make it it will be monday....going to my folks....and can't play NFS there)
D!G!TAL3RROR
Ricer
Ricer

Post by D!G!TAL3RROR »

i want the rx7 :D
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

TheStig wrote:yeah... when do you wan't the car at the latest....cause if I get it right the ones who already got there names in are also in the game....

I can't get the car up soon (hope tomorrow but if I don't make it it will be monday....going to my folks....and can't play NFS there)
GT3x24x7 wrote:... you have 48 hours from the time of your bid to get your cars in to the zero2HEROChallenge@hotmail.com addy. Miss the deadline and the car opens back up for bidding...
There are no exceptions to this. However, if no-one else has put in a counter bid on your car, there's not much need to take the car from you...
Last edited by GT3x24x7 on 27 Mar 2004, 04:06, edited 1 time in total.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

hmmm missed that part... well hope to do it after work... tomorrow... well
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

• zero2HERO Bidding Progress

Skyline
    Eclipse
    RX7 - DIGITAL3RROR
    RSX
    Civic - SuperRacer
    206 - TheStig
    Golf - UrQuattro
    MX5
    S2000
    350Z - FlamingNeon417
    Supra
    Celica
    Impreza
    Tiburon - Viper_gts
    Lancer - GT3x24x7
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

I got the cars ready, but I want to submit them like Monday/Tuesday. Is that OK? Or someone can still wrestle my choice? And how can you 'outbid someone' when all the rule was to just post first - get it first.. You confuse me now m8.

Return to “The Showroom”