[CTC #22] Game Voting

Everything related to the website services Showroom and Showroom Challenge.

What game should be used for the new Community Tuning Challenge?

Need for Speed: Underground 2
43%
Need for Speed: World
29%
Need for Speed: Prostreet
9%
Need for Speed: Shift
3%
Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed
17%

Total votes: 35

Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

[CTC #22] Game Voting

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

What game should be used for the new Community Tuning Challenge?

You have 1 vote each, so choose carefully. You cannot re-select your vote.
kostovmilica9
Ricer
Ricer

Re: [CTC #22] Game Voting

Post by kostovmilica9 »

UG2 for life! XD
Rizur
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Rizur »

I gave my vote to World just because we need more active and new members on the site and World has the biggest and most active community at the moment.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Very good point - hopefully we can find other avenues to attract World racers to the site in the near future as well.
Evil Kid Weaselmush
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Evil Kid Weaselmush »

Agree with Rizur, so I also voted for World.
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

World may have the most people but it also has the drawback of in order to do anything you need boost which not all people can afford to get. I voted for Shift 2. Its the newest NFS game released, has the best graphics of all those listed and to me atleast its easy to make cars in.
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by T0MMY »

voted World, it has more players. We can get more players to participate. SHIFT 2 will be my second choice though, it is new and they got unlimited vinyls layer.
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
_BLAHHEAD_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by _BLAHHEAD_ »

UG2 for me, I'm having a nostagia withdrawal D:

But that said, I would love a Shift or Shift 2 CTC, to make up for my gawdawful position from the previous Shift CTC. I've gotten better, quite a few of my entries prove that XD
Moe-Z-
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Moe-Z- »

I totally agree with you Rizur but I've still voted for U2.
*sig removed for breaking the rules. size limits are 550x120px & 50kb*
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

I will now always vote 4 NFS Underground Series, because I want the Comeback of it very soon! :twisted:

@DrHoubenheimer!

When NFS Underground Series will be chosen - is there a Possibility to tune modified Cars which can be downloaded of NFSCars.net?!? [-o< That'd be really something new into the Rules and NFS Underground Contest by far! =P~
J-J Studios
Ricer
Ricer

Post by J-J Studios »

UG2 gets my vote no doubt about it :)
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Looks like it's shaping up to be a close one between UG2 and World, thanks for the great imput guys, 22 votes in a day is great.

Transformer, sounds very unlikely, you'd have to explain a little further, but we'll have a look at themes once a game is definitively chosen.
TW1ST3R
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff
Location: Pigfarts Intergalactic School of Witchcraft and Wizardry; Mars

Post by TW1ST3R »

@Transformer - Probably no, not everyone has access to these mods, the same goes for any SHIFT modding, etc. Maybe in the future, but we're currently trying to "regenerate the site". Straying off course is not something we want to be doing at the moment. When we're at a stage where we are comfortable to start creating additional competition formats such as the suggested "artistic/editing" one, we may take a look into it. But for now, we will be concentrating on traditional CTCs and SRCs.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

@DrHoubenheimer & TW1ST3R! :roll:

This is NFSUnlimited - so why limit the Possibilities??? It should be allowed to use new Cars, to tun'em and to show off here into the Showroom, of course then it should be mentioned into the Descriptions or into the NFS UG2 Place officially. The most Fans of NFS Underground 2 want the Comeback of this Series and I'm pretty sure if We extend the Rules now We would win Users out of NFSCars.net f.e. and @t the same Time make our Community bigger and famous in the End... The NFS Underground 2 would feel like NFS Underground 3... and NFS I hope will pay more Attention to the Evolution of NFS in Future! And to be the honest the Future is now @tm and into the Past where the Future, too - the Experience shows the Result of it! If I would become an Admin here - I would transform what I have in Mind and won't wait until it's would be late and I know it's never too late, but the Time is allright - so what are You waiting 4!?! :wink:

Into the Rules I would allow Members to use new Cars which can be downloaded @ NFSCars.net:

http://www.nfscars.net/home/index/underground2.aspx

^Check it out and tell Me if it'd be possible to use them 4 the Contest @ the CTC! :wink:

^The Tools how to put new Cars into NFS UG2 is there to find too - read the Descriptions! 8)

@77: @tm I haven't NFS Underground 2 on my PC and the best Thing I could do is to install it and put all those new Cars I like into the Game and start the Career from the Beginning with the newest Car-Mod I never had! :D :D :D 8)
Last edited by TRANSFORMER on 01 Sep 2011, 16:19, edited 2 times in total.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I voted for SHIFT 2. Even though the tuning is not the best, the car list is great and offers great possibilities if you have enough time and patience to work on a car.

World is good, but you need SB for almost anything, so it would be unfair. Players with money can buy SB and buy the best parts, while other players cannot do so. Even the in-game cash is very pricy. In my opinion, World is, at the moment, not a good choice for a contest like this, because it is not fair since not all players have the same choices, and in the end you need real world money to create a better car, while also you need to level up in order to unlock the vinyls (or buy them with SB).

Seriously, World should not take part in CTCs while SB is mandatory for almost every part. But that's my opinion.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

@Hydro_PT! :roll:

As 4 SH!FT 2... [-X [-X [-X - You would need to take Months to create a good Result 4 the Contest! :!:

NFS World is the cheapest Game to choose 4 this Contest even it's popular & free worldwide! #-o
Why it's cheap!?! Because Speed-Boost is leading it and furthermore the World isn't World enough! [-X

I will continue to fight 4 the Comeback of NFS Underground Series, because it has the best Past! :twisted:
Well... I maybe forgot to mention NFS Hot Pursuit to the best Part @ll, but it needs Tuning! :twisted:

^There is too Potential 4 the Multiplayers online, but 4 now I've got enough because of some Cheaters!
NFS has to get an Anti-Cheat-Autolog or Engine that bans Cheaters permanently when it locates some!
veresis
Ricer
Ricer

Post by veresis »

I voted yesterday. I chose NFS:World and now I kind of regret that :p (no decals, very limited bodywork, and the obvious starter packs)
But it looks like UG2 is currently ahead and hopefully it will stay like this :D
Ofc in future I'd wouldn't mind seeing some CTC for Shift 2, but for now UG2 might be the best option. How knows, maybe I will finally break my resolve and install an older NFS game :) So far, I always waited and hoped that the next NFS would finally allow a decent visual-tuning, but we all know how it turned out ....
J-J Studios
Ricer
Ricer

Post by J-J Studios »

Transformer, you said it yourself, it's NFSUnlimited. The cars in the game are of a large variety, large enough for decent tuners to make the right decision on choosing one. The idea of CTC's, too, is that you create a car with your best abilities following the ingame standards, without help from outside effects (be it mods, presentations, photoshop edits, and so on). Plus the fact that not everyone has access to these mods doesn't create a level playing field which should be the base of CTC/SRC's. That's my 2 cents. :)
Evil Kid Weaselmush
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Evil Kid Weaselmush »

J-J Studios wrote:Transformer, you said it yourself, it's NFSUnlimited. The cars in the game are of a large variety, large enough for decent tuners to make the right decision on choosing one. The idea of CTC's, too, is that you create a car with your best abilities following the ingame standards, without help from outside effects (be it mods, presentations, photoshop edits, and so on). Plus the fact that not everyone has access to these mods doesn't create a level playing field which should be the base of CTC/SRC's. That's my 2 cents. :)
Sorry Transformer, but agree with JJ here.

I voted for World and for the same reason as others have mentioned, though I'd love UG2 as well, plus then I could participate if I could come up with an idea, I hardly play World and just have the free version.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

@J-J & EKW! :roll:

I'm convinced that the most Guys here are already far progressed and can use those Tools and Mods... the only 1 Thing is that the CTC Rules here are too strong to allow to modify NFS Underground 2 and Standards are already boring to use over and over again - something new should be done to this Series and that's why I'm Pro and not contra! I would really like to know what would Nasko would have said to the Mods or Bojan, or Yael! :wink: @EKW: NFS World is a Waste of Time! Keep Your hands off it... follow Me and NFS Underground, because it will form the Future of NFS very soon! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

kostovmilica9 wrote:UG2 for life! XD
word.

As for custom cars/parts, I would say; no.

Simply because they are not part of the game itself, cannot be put under the right car for the compettion and not everybody wants modded stuff in their games.
Most custom cars are also very limited, so it's not really worth it imo.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

J-J Studios wrote:Plus the fact that not everyone has access to these mods doesn't create a level playing field which should be the base of CTC/SRC's.
Which is why I say World should not take part in a CTC, because the game does not provide a level playing field. People with real money can buy about 95% of all visual parts, while users who don't have Speedboost are left with 4 types of rims, 3-5 bodykits per car and... that's it. Neons, license plates, window tinting, lowering kits, all that can only be obtained with Speedboost. Also, some cars are SB only.

I'm almost sure I won't participate in this CTC anyway, but I'm sure that if this CTC uses World, the use of SB parts and cars should be forbidden. In the end, it's like using photoshop or mods. It is unfair, and if that's the base of any contest here, then this one really throws the rules out of the window.

Allowing World is the same as allowing mods. So if people refuse mods, they should refuse World too. I don't agree with the mods thing either.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

@Yael! :roll:

NOW I start to uncover the => L!MITS <= of the CTC Standards @ NFSUnlimited:

You've got it right... those Modifications are not a Part of this Game, but why not allow it to be!?! :?:

Yes We cannot put it under the right Car of the Competition... OK, then We should modify the Standards!

And If not Everybody wants modded Stuff into Their Games - They should keep off those Mods! That's it!

What do You mean with custom Cars are very limited?!? You mean not able to install or what???! o.0
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

Hydro_PT wrote:
J-J Studios wrote:Plus the fact that not everyone has access to these mods doesn't create a level playing field which should be the base of CTC/SRC's.
Allowing World is the same as allowing mods. So if people refuse mods, they should refuse World too. I don't agree with the mods thing either.
To set Things right:

Modding is NOT Cheating! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Modding is even better than Speed-Boost, BUT it doesn't make [World] more attractive! :o

And I don't really know of what You are feared of - Mods will make such a Contest more interesting! :idea:
J-J Studios
Ricer
Ricer

Post by J-J Studios »

Hydro_PT wrote:I'm almost sure I won't participate in this CTC anyway, but I'm sure that if this CTC uses World, the use of SB parts and cars should be forbidden. In the end, it's like using photoshop or mods. It is unfair, and if that's the base of any contest here, then this one really throws the rules out of the window.

Fair point, but on the other hand, if SHIFT 2 would be chosen it would be unfair because I would need to buy the game first in order to participate. :lol:

Return to “The Showroom”