[CTC #22] Game Voting

Everything related to the website services Showroom and Showroom Challenge.

What game should be used for the new Community Tuning Challenge?

Need for Speed: Underground 2
43%
Need for Speed: World
29%
Need for Speed: Prostreet
9%
Need for Speed: Shift
3%
Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed
17%

Total votes: 35

TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Re: [CTC #22] Game Voting

Post by TRANSFORMER »

^Right! :) You don't have to BUY Mod's - it's 4 free and it makes Underground feels like UG3 a B!T! :wink:
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

TRANSFORMER wrote: What do You mean with custom Cars are very limited?!? You mean not able to install or what???! o.0
Most custom cars have no or very little body kits and such. Some don't even allow for vinyls.

Where's the point in adding these into a competition?
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

J-J Studios wrote:Fair point, but on the other hand, if SHIFT 2 would be chosen it would be unfair because I would need to buy the game first in order to participate. :lol:
:lol: Like if anyone is going to ask you to show the original game. :lol:

@TRANSFORMER: I know moding is not cheating (to a certain point). And yeah, mods are free, but like YaelDjiel is pointing, most custom cars don't allow bodykits and tuning parts. So there is really no point in modding a game to add cars which cannot be tuned, and therefore they make no sense in a CTC. Is there any custom car that can be fully tuned in Underground (1 or 2)? That would be worth some thinking, but every user would have to install the mod, which is not fair. So, all that is left is a separate CTC, where custom cars are allowed (or mandatory). And then, only people who like mods will enter that contest. :)
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

Hydro_PT wrote:So, all that is left is a separate CTC, where custom cars are allowed (or mandatory). And then, only people who like mods will enter that contest. :)
That's actually not a bad idea but as of now, there are too little cars that allow (near) full customisation.
Probably because it is a lot of work for the modders to add/model all the parts.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

^You can modify Your Cars even without Vinyls, but I have to agree about Parts, however I Myself will install new Cars into NFS Underground 2, but then I cannot promise to participate into the upcommig Challenge, because if I participate I want to see something NEW and not everytime the same Tuning-Standards! Maybe 4 a clean Style Type of a CTC the new Mod could fit to try out something new... but let's see what will be chosen 4 a CTC Type - hopefully not too difficult and better without Vinyls! :wink:
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

With UG2, for this CTC it will be 100% ingame - no mods or the like. As Hydro proposed, it is a possibility that mods could be permissable in a specific competition at a later stage, however right now this is not the case.

On the topic of World, I understand it's a delicate line as Speedboost does restrict a lot of people, and that is something you need to think about before casting your vote., however we feel it impossible to exclude it as a choice considering it's current popularity.
TW1ST3R
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff
Location: Pigfarts Intergalactic School of Witchcraft and Wizardry; Mars

Post by TW1ST3R »

J-J, EKW, Hydro and Djiel have it right:
We base the Community Tuning Challenges and Showroom Challenges around what can be done INSIDE the game. Changing the rules for game modification would require a new competition to be set up with Rules, Systems, etc. Hence, TRANSFORMER, we simply do not have the time nor the resources to implement a new competition. We are sticking to the current format of CTC's and SRC's with the level playing field for that reason - IT IS FAIR, has worked well so far and is a fairly solid system. Creating a new competition takes time, which is something we don't all have alot of - coding takes time and the organisation of ideas does as well. It requires bugs to be ironed out, and other system administration issues to be taken care of - with our resources spread across other projects, another competition is not a priority.

In regards to SHIFT 2/WORLD/etc. - does it matter really? We give you the users the opportunity to choose what game YOU want - that's fair. If SHIFT 2 is picked, well that would be because the majority WANT to put the time and effort in. If WORLD is chosen - it's because the majority of users WANT to give it a go and are willing to fork out the cash. It's not a big deal, if you don't have support for the current challenge game, then just wait until the next one: CTC's are happening on a more regular basis now, and we will cycle the games depending on the choices made in the polls.

Once our current site projects are finished and implemented, we MAY (that is not a definite) consider these changes - however, I believe we currently have 3 ideas for competitions that I believe take precedence in development over this.

Thank you for your input, but currently, we are not ready for this - Dr H and myself run the challenges WHEN we get time - we have other site projects that require our attention as well as things in our actual lives that take precedence.

- TW1ST3R
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

^No Problem! :roll:

We need Need For Speed Underground 3 and that's what I've been @iming @t, but OK next Year! :wink:
Last edited by TRANSFORMER on 04 Sep 2011, 12:06, edited 1 time in total.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Must say - it looks like UG2 is pulling away and will be the game for the next challenge - stay posted for CTC updates.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I might install Underground 2 on my laptop and take it to Russia if the next CTC is U2 hehe. Then I might participate. :D Maybe Moscow will inspire me to create a good car. :mrgreen:
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

^I think there won't be more Guys voting 4 other NFS Series as 4 NFS UG2 so far - Time 2 continue the Votings 4 the Themes that'd be chosen 4 the upcomming CTC... Cannot wait to see the new Themes there - I still hope it will be a clean Challenge without any Vinyls just a slightly Tuning Competition! :wink:

Besides... You should have put in NFS Underground 1 into the Votings too... I miss it right there! :o :) :wink:
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

We'd definitely like to have an UG1 competition, but the number of tuners for the game, especially at the moment, is too low to consider having a competition with it.

Of course, if it became more active in the Showroom, we'd love to include it.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

^However I would suggest to put it *in @t least to the Votings - We'll see the Results after that! :) :wink:

=> The Forum-Avatar-Status of mine is not just Stock - It's: Nitrous Unlimited Charged! :arrow: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
matt aka the rider
Stock
Stock

Post by matt aka the rider »

cant say i own ug2 and the reason i go on the site is for shift....due to being on an xbox and not a computer like most users. world would be great if boost wasnt the problem and shift 1 no longer lets you access photos through online upload for any xbox users due to the new autolog. just voicing an opinion
zip_mdd
Ricer
Ricer

Post by zip_mdd »

for sure U2!!!

Return to “The Showroom”