Rename General forum and suggestion for community forum

Post everything you want the webmasters to know to make the site better.
ogo
Ricer
Ricer

Rename General forum and suggestion for community forum

Post by ogo »

Hi everyone,

I have two suggestions:

Firstly - the creation of a 'Community' forum where people could announce their comings / goings from the community, people could organise meetings / online racing and discuss their personal fan sites etc. (last bit optional I guess as to whether the admins allow discussion of other sites?).

My other suggestion is that we rename the 'General Discussion' forum, 'General NFS Games Discussion', as since I read the title and assumed General meant... general, I posted news of my return to the community there and got politely frowned at for it - to be honest, I hadn't even looked twice at the 'off topic' forum where it was moved to because I figure if you want to talk about things completely unrelated to NFS / this site / this community, then well, I'm sure there are more appropriate sites for whatever it is you want to talk about :)

Just my two thoughts for the day!

Regards

OgO
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I explained abit in your I'm back topic.

General discussion is for discussions about NFS.

look:

It clearly said: Need For Speed.
and under General Discussion it says:
"This board is for all Need for Speed related posting."

If general discussion was about everything. including saying hello and goodbye
what is Editing about? everything from how to edit your post or how to edit a picture?
or what about competitions? Do you expect to find the NFL competition or the Cricket competitions there??? I think not.

ooh and maybe you think otherwise but the nfsunlimited.net community is a pretty close group that shares more then just NFS, The offtopic board is together with Cars the most popular section of the forum.

Yeah people could go somewhere else if they want to talk about anything not NFS related and we could just remove the offtopic section, and the hardware, creativity and cars section.
As soon as we do that this place will die out within days.

Alot of people here don't even play NFS as much anymore (for diffirent reasons) but are still on this site because they like it here and like to talk about cars or games in general with people the can relate to.

Nfsunlimited.net has grown into something bigger then just NFS.
Attachments
nfs.JPG
ogo
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ogo »

Stig,

That's fair enough, I guess my main comment was that the 'general discussion' board could perhaps be more clearly labelled 'general NFS discussion', as I didn't even notice the 'section', (to be fair, my sight is crap :)

I really didn't mean to ruffle your feathers - I guess the only other thing I would point out in defence of my suggestions was that your first comment on the subject (in my I'm back thread), did question why people kept posting those kinds of threads in general discussion, and my response was the comment that I suspect it's because people either don't notice little details like the 'section' or 'instructions' under the forum name, or ignore them, and a comment on how I thought it could be improved for the good of everyone.

If people are going to ignore the rules deliberately, then they will, but for the rest of us who just don't pay enough attention sometimes, maybe it *is* worth looking at the wording of some things.

Anyway, I'm more than happy to drop the question and dissapear quietly into the shadows again now, so I might just do that...

OgO
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

NO problem,

Because you are not the only one who made the mistake, we are now looking into what is missing. or unclear.

There are never stupid questions or suggestions...
For us it is always good to hear/read suggestion and comments, so we can look into the problem.

We always thought that the whole setup was pretty clear, but it looks like that it would be usefull if we change it so it is more clearly a NFS section.

how?? I don't know yet. but we will look into it.

Thanks for the comment and suggestion.

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”