Screwed up home page

Post everything you want the webmasters to know to make the site better.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Screwed up home page

Post by Fishwhiz »

ok, everytime i visit the home page of nfsunlimited, the game names and subthingies like screenshots under prostreet are messed up, like they were put on a different page. they are little hyperlinks jammed up in the blue space, and they are in blue text so you can hardly read them.

the other thing is that the new news from yesterday isn't showing up on the home page, but i can access it in the forums.
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

What browser are you using, if your using firefox with add-ons that you recently put in, try disabling them to see if it fixes it. I can view the page fine in IE and Firefox with no problems.

And for the news, I think the admins have to put the news on the hompage, just because it shows in the news section of the forums does not mean it will show up on the homepage.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Screwed up home page

Post by peterfaj »

I only have problem with the buttons latest news, news archive...
Jacky
Ricer
Ricer

Re:

Post by Jacky »

weedman173 wrote:What browser are you using, if your using firefox with add-ons that you recently put in, try disabling them to see if it fixes it. I can view the page fine in IE and Firefox with no problems.

And for the news, I think the admins have to put the news on the hompage, just because it shows in the news section of the forums does not mean it will show up on the homepage.
No, he couldn't have hard-coded the news into the PHP file. Everything in PHP is automatic.

Besides, scripts are available to automatically grab news from the forum. But that's for phpBB2.
Jacky
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

How about a screenshot of the homepage as how it looks on your computer...maybe that'll help visualize the problem better. Just saying that it is "screwed up" is not enough. :P
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

As he said, without a screenshot and possibly the exact browser version, there's really hard for me to fix anything - especially because it works on all the browsers I can test on (opera, firefox, ie7, ie6).

News on the main page is fetched from the forum automatically and refreshes once per hour.

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”