"DOWNVOTER'S!!!"

Post everything you want the webmasters to know to make the site better.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

"DOWNVOTER'S!!!"

Post by TRANSFORMER »

Hey Webmaster,

@BOJAN! & CO.!,

I HATE PEOPLE WHO DOWNVOTE MY WORKS WITHOUT COMMENTING THEM & TODAY IS THE POINT REACHED WHERE I HAVE 2 SAY: I HAVE ENOUGH!!! - YEAH I HAVE ENOUGH FROM CHEATER's & DOWNVOTER's & I'M NOT GOING 2 POST ANYTHING NEW ON THIS SITE UNTIL I'M SURE THAT THERE @ NFSUnlimited IS NOBODY WHO CAN DESTROY ME & MY WORKS BY DOWNVOTING!

PS: "There were already 7 or 8 Works that were downvoted on my Profile by people I don't know WHO It was & Why HE did not comment on My Works...?!? - If I would stay here @NFSUnlimited So I want 2 be sure that... You see the point... = I hope You see It! I want 2 be sure that NOBODY destroy the Rating Score & the Member's Image BY DOWNVOTING IT!" :!:

& THIS :roll: VIEW is NOT ONLY MY OWN VIEW, YOU HAVE GOT 2 ASK MY FRIENDS & Their OWN Opinions about this Topic & I'm sure They are going 2 support Me!

PLEASE REPLY!

Thank You in Advance!

MFG' LMS' MYF' TF' alias ARTNFS;
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Re: "DOWNVOTER'S!!!"

Post by TS-X »

TRANSFORMER wrote:Hey Webmaster,

@BOJAN! & CO.!,

I HATE PEOPLE WHO DOWNVOTE MY WORKS WITHOUT COMMENTING THEM & TODAY IS THE POINT REACHED WHERE I HAVE 2 SAY: I HAVE ENOUGH!!! - YEAH I HAVE ENOUGH FROM CHEATER's & DOWNVOTER's & I'M NOT GOING 2 POST ANYTHING NEW ON THIS SITE UNTIL I'M SURE THAT THERE @ NFSUnlimited IS NOBODY WHO CAN DESTROY ME & MY WORKS BY DOWNVOTING!

PS: "There were already 7 or 8 Works that were downvoted on my Profile by people I don't know WHO It was & Why HE did not comment on My Works...?!? - If I would stay here @NFSUnlimited So I want 2 be sure that... You see the point... = I hope You see It! I want 2 be sure that NOBODY destroy the Rating Score & the Member's Image BY DOWNVOTING IT!" :!:

& THIS :roll: VIEW is NOT ONLY MY OWN VIEW, YOU HAVE GOT 2 ASK MY FRIENDS & Their OWN Opinions about this Topic & I'm sure They are going 2 support Me!

PLEASE REPLY!

Thank You in Advance!

MFG' LMS' MYF' TF' alias ARTNFS;

Pathetic, childish and who cares!?
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

TS-X wrote: Pathetic, childish and who cares!?
@TS-X!

PS: "Did I really asked Your Opinion ?!? - Either You give Me a Serious Answer or You can forget It!" :roll: @TS-X! #-o
krist
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by krist »

Dude, this is a website. Theres crap all over the internet.
If you cry over **** like this you'll get nowhere in life. I used be a regular and yes it pissed me off that people downvoted my cars but you know what i did? i posted better cars and more people started voting which canceled it out.

Do you know what i do now? I just browse and visit from time to time simply because i have more important **** to do with my time. Unlike you, what are you 12?

This should be a hobby not something which you should be so attached to. As TS-X said this just pathetic.

If i was a mod i'd delete this, just a waste of bandwith for nfsunlimited.net
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

There is no such thing as downvoting. All votes count posivitely in your reputation.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

Bojan wrote:There is no such thing as downvoting. All votes count POSITIVELY in your reputation.
@Bojan! :roll:

PS: "So... They're count POSITIVELY 2 My Reputation... That's strange 2 Me because I get the Impression that the Scoring System is going DOWN instead of UP!, So... Why can Somebody Vote [B@d...,- ...Very B@d] without leaving a Serious Comment on the Car Work that was Really Hard Work 2 Me & 2 My Friends :?: :!: :?: :!: #-o #-o #-o

Suggestion:

"I would suggest 2 make an Vote-Order: "1st. 2 Comment on the Car Work! 2nd. Then Vote!" [-o<

If You ask Me = This is not fair after all the Hard Work You put into the Car Work! [-X [-X [-X

Q 2 FAV's:

BS: "Where are My FAV's going 2 - I cannot find the FAV'-Section :?: :!: :?: " :shock: :shock: :shock:

PLEASE REPLY! :o

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :wink:

@Krist! :roll:

"This is NOT a Wasting Time Topic = This is a Diskussion!!!" :o :o :o

However Thank You 4 Your Comment! =D> =D> =D>

MFG' LMS' VIP' TF' alias ARTNFS;
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

First of all, people will take you more seriously if you manage to write proper english.

Second all votes (doesn't mater which), comments, favourites count positively to your car's reputation. There is nothing that would reduce your car's reputation.

There hasn't been a suggestion for a better voting system yet. Yours doesn't even come close. Reasons have been stated in countless other topics, please use search.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

Bojan wrote:First of all, people will take you more seriously if you manage to write proper english.

Second all votes (doesn't mater which), comments, favourites count positively to your car's reputation. There is nothing that would reduce your car's reputation.

There hasn't been a suggestion for a better voting system yet. Yours doesn't even come close. Reasons have been stated in countless other topics, please use search.
@Bojan! :wink:

"I see = It does not really matter to diskuss about it anymore!" :roll:

PS: "Where are my FAV's going to - I cannot find the FAV'-Section in my or my friends profile?" :| :| :|

PS2': "Can You transmit my old nickname "ARTNFS" instead of that "TRANSFORMER" on my profile, It would be great ?!"

Please Reply! :roll:

MFG' LMS' VIP' TF' alias ARTNFS;
Racing M3 GTR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racing M3 GTR »

You're not the only one getting mad. I get mad with these downvoters all the time.

@Bojan: Insist all you want (no offense) that there is no downvoting, but there is, and people are getting more frustrated every day.

Bottom line for downvoters? You can leave this damn site, your awful votes are worthy of NOBODY here. I don't know how the hell I've kept my cool when it came to these downvoters in the two years I've been here.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

friendly bit of advice for you guys..

STOP CARING!

its just a bunch of numbers which have no effect or value whatsoever
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

YaelDjiel wrote:its just a bunch of numbers which have no effect or value whatsoever
Indeed, represents nothing since nobody votes true. Including myself.

PROPOSAL:
Ditch the numeric vote. Hasn't worked for ages. Replace with the following: Since we're already used to seeing stars on reputation bars lets elaborate on that. Instead of giving a numerical value on "quality" why not award the cars with stars?

For example using a scale of 1-5 stars possible to award. If you think the car is average and not really worthy, do nothing. Don't award it any stars (comment instead, everyone could use tips on how to improve their work). But if you think its good, award it one or two stars, really good 3-4, awesome give it 5. And what would be shown for each car would not be a numerical value, but instead the total amount of stars awarded! This way there would truly be no downvoting since there would be no way to reduce the amount of stars (points) given. The value could only go up. At worst one could just not give it any and leave a rude comment 8)
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

You know, that actually sounds like the first plausible idea.

Basically, move to a star-based rating system where every star counts positively towards the car. Users can give one, two, three, four, or five stars; it's their choice. This way, there's no issue of alleged downvoting affecting the car's reputation. And when a user views a car, they see the number of total stars awarded to the car, not a numerical value.

A further step can be integrating how many times a car has been viewed with it's star value. Say, everytime a car gets viewed, it gets a fifth of a star. This way, non-raters can still count in some manner towards the car's reputation.

What do you guys think?
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Well, what prince suggested is exactly what we already have. Except that you also get a few "stars" for commenting and favouriting. As I said, rating a car with a vote gives you some reputation based on the value of the vote. All actions count towards positive reputation.

Using a simplistic approach, like vellu suggested seems like a better idea. It's very simple to understand and again you can only positively rate the car, thus meaning people will never be able to complain about being downvoted.

We could try this, I'll prepare a test version by tomorrow and we'll see how it goes.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

prince1142003 wrote:Basically, move to a sta-based rating system where every star counts positively towards the car. Users can give one, two, three, four, or five stars; it's their choice. This way, there's no issue of alleged downvoting affecting the car's reputation. And when a user views a car, they see the number of total stars awarded to the car, not a numerical value.
I am not heavily involved in the showroom, so I'm speaking for people who are just normal occassional voters here.

I'm not sure if the current showroom system allows users (regardless if they are or aren't registered users) to vote more than once, because I personally think the idea of having star rating system would not help much. Worst case scenario would be that an idiot could just be clicking away on 1-star non-stop. Not saying that it WILL happen, but I'm just looking at a possible outcome. Eventually the star-rating of that particular car will deplete in time to come. Is that not downvoting?

I personally think that there's no possible way to stop downvoters. They just have to live with it, I guess.

My 2 cents.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Andre_online wrote:I'm not sure if the current showroom system allows users (regardless if they are or aren't registered users) to vote more than once
Once per car is already the limit.
Andre_online wrote:Worst case scenario would be that an idiot could just be clicking away on 1-star non-stop. Not saying that it WILL happen, but I'm just looking at a possible outcome.
What's wrong with that then? They would all be positive votes, since we would be counting the TOTAL AMOUNT of stars given, not the average amount of stars given.

And another idea for converting current ratings to star amounts. I'm assuming a statistic exist for each car what votes have been given, correct? (that is, how many tens, how many nines, how many eights and so forth). If so, a ten would translate into five stars, a nine to four, an eight to three, a seven to two and a six to one. Anything less could be counted as fractions or not at all.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

vellu wrote:
Andre_online wrote:Worst case scenario would be that an idiot could just be clicking away on 1-star non-stop. Not saying that it WILL happen, but I'm just looking at a possible outcome.
What's wrong with that then? They would all be positive votes, since we would be counting the TOTAL AMOUNT of stars given, not the average amount of stars given.
That wasn't mentioned. But nevertheless, point taken. :)
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

One additional thing comes to mind aswell. To spice the star ratings up a little bit, maybe use the bronze/silver/gold system from SR3(beta)?
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

i suggested quite some time ago, being able to just disable ratings like in SR3... but Bojan said that was a no go..
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

YaelDjiel wrote:i suggested quite some time ago, being able to just disable ratings like in SR3... but Bojan said that was a no go..
That's propably true in "here", a lot of people would be annoyed if they couldn't freely vote. But I still think using "progressive stars (bronze, silver, gold)" instead of just plain amount of stars (as discussed earlier in this thread) might be more interesting. People would only be giving 1 to 5 bronze stars, but once enough of those are awarded you get a silver one, enough of those and you get a gold star and so forth.

Scale would need to figured out though. Maybe 15 bronze stars equals 1 silver, 15 silver equals 1 gold. That would mean 225 bronze stars for one gold or to put it in another way: 45 people would need to give it full 5 stars. Quite a lot I think, so having a gold star would really mean something, as it should.

Or whatever scale seems appropriate...

Any ideas on how to integrate favs/comments/views into the same system? Anyone?
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Lol, the new system has actually made down voters a good thing, lol. Now just need to adapt.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but the new system presents a new problem: the amount of stars gained make it so that if one car gets one star from everyone, and another gets five from 20 people, the car with one star from everyone (which, in theory, would be considered a little better-than-average) would score better than the one with 5s from many people. I don't think there's any way to fix this, though. I guess, in theory, everyone will eventually vote on your car at least once, thus removing this problem.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

That should be a purely theoritical scenario. A car really worth 5 stars is sure to attract more attention than a car worth "only" one star.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Well, it shouldn't happen if the cars were both submitted relatively around the same time. If one car (the 1-star car) is submitted far before the other (5-star), this problem may arise.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Wow. Just another guy crying about a poor rating cause someone didn't see his car fit for a 5. Boo hoo. You need to get those "Yes Men" away from you, they give the most washed out comment that doesn't further your tuning or even designing overall.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

You do realise that with the star system implemented several years ago, downvoting was resolved?

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”