Car Rankings in showroom? suggestion

Post everything you want the webmasters to know to make the site better.
CMuscle1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Car Rankings in showroom? suggestion

Post by CMuscle1 »

I just had a Idea, isnt really anything demanding ,but It would be cool to have by your ride what that car is on the list of other cars like it. For example what your Skyline is among other Skylines. I know you can already look at the car and see that in some way, but it would be cool to see your ranking change and be able to see it on the showroom profile or elsewhere without having to look for your ride and count . I dont know if that would be something that could be made automated or would it have to be done manually by someone. Just a Idea tho,wanted to see your thoughts on it .I just like seeing those little things because I love competiveness I guess. :D
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Car Rankings in showroom? suggestion

Post by speed_man »

Yeah it would be nice to see where your ride ranks in the showroom :D
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Why not. With the current rating system the ranking lists might work. The reason they we're removed in the first place (they existed "back in the day") was due to vote manipulation and downvoting.

There is no downvoting in the current system, but it is still possible to horde votes with "teams" and "friends" to get to the top spots...
CMuscle1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by CMuscle1 »

Ya that is the issue with doing that, but I believe people like myself who believe in fair play and vote based on the true quality of the car , would step up to help find those people who are just doing a team/friends voting system if this was put back into place. I mean I at least check the showrooms everyday in all catergories and games to see what new designs and designers are around. But I agree its hard to have something like that with the popalarity status aspect of the showrrom. Without downvoting im sure its a better chance that this might work.
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Started experimenting with that idea and came up with this HoF:
http://www.nfsunlimited.net/?p=sr_hof&g ... ge=6months

Currently it's still in testing mode - I'm thinking of tracking places (absolute place in the showroom by number of stars) and diplaying weekly movements. The movement and absolute position could be displayed on the entry page as well.
CMuscle1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by CMuscle1 »

Looks good so far. How about numbers in that tho? or like trophys for the top three and then just random looking medals for the rest? Also would there be a way to make it so you could see your cars ranking through the showroom profile. Even if it was like a list of the cars you had that would refresh after so many days showing the ranking for each would be cool I think. I could do a mock layout of it if you dont understand what im talking about .but ya good work nice to see some intrest in this. :D
Drift King
Drift King

Post by speed_man »

Lookin good 8)
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

vellu wrote:There is no downvoting in the current system, but it is still possible to horde votes with "teams" and "friends" to get to the top spots...
It is... but I'm not one to upvote even if I have a crew.

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”