New profiles

Post everything you want the webmasters to know to make the site better.
Rizur
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

New profiles

Post by Rizur »

I have a little suggestion :)

More and more people are uploading stuff to the showroom that doesnt belong in here (drawings, pics from other games etc.) So maybe there should be a place in nfsunlimited where users could upload things like that. What im thinking about is some sort of public profile page, not only showroom profile but a whole site personal profile. There would be your avatar, sig, forum ranking, number of comments (both showroom and forum) friends (maybe you could add people using forum to your friends, not only showroom friends) shoutbox could be there too. And also some sort of 'notebox' where you could write like "Im going to a vacation for a couple of days so you wont see me around here." or "I have two big projects coming to showroom, one is a collab. But im busy in school so wont get those ready soon." Or something like that. Just that you dont need to upload any pics to showroom to tell that. And there would also be this 'pic box' where you could put any pictures you want (your art, photos of you or your car or pet or something, funny pics, anything you want)
And these 'new profiles' could also bring showroom and forum closer together. Some active forum user doesnt sometimes even know user who is active in showroom and vice versa. What I mean is forum and showroom have gone too far from each other imo. Maybe these 'public profiles' could make this community more 'solid'

Hard to explain what I really mean (sry for bad english)
So I'd like to hear what you think and your own suggestions and opinions about this 'new profile' idea. And most importantly is it possible to create?
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Re: New profiles

Post by TRANSFORMER »

@Rizur! :roll:

"Well... if You ask Me I like the Id"EA" You have... It is like an Expansion ("NFSWorld") @ NFSUnlimited... NFS World Online is coming after NFS SH!FT and here You are with this New Id"EA"... - I can ONLY agree with You, RiZuR!" 8)

PS: "RePre's should be split next to the Original Showroom Screenshots, but in a better way than that We have!" :wink:

Thank You 4 Your Idea! :D

MFG' LMS' ARTNFS alias TRANSFORMER
GanZZo
Stock
Stock

Post by GanZZo »

@ Rizur : I totally agree with you. I think it's a good idea and I hope that it's possible to create... :D
D-ToX
Ricer
Ricer

Post by D-ToX »

That's a nice idea you got there, but I still think it'll be hard for realization.

IMO It'll require a lot of extra resources and If it's to be done it has to be thought of in depth. Also I think we need a better control in the showroom, If there were any active SR moderators left, the things you described, wouldn't have happened. There are RULES about this showroom, we're all users => we have to go by them. My only fear is that If such idea is to become true, this site will look a lot more like facebook or something like that. But on the other hand it's good for keeping the showroom clear. It's quite the dilema and as I said, it has to be thought through very,very carefully.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Yeah I agree as well it would be great to "combine" both the showroom and forum but I minor difference to Rizurs opinion is that he said have one thingo saying how many posts you've done in the showroom and forum whereas I think they should be separate stats but overall I would support this move 100%!!! If you did go through with this though is it possible to keep all the users stats?
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Definitely a great idea and something I've been looking into having made for a while now.
Top of my list for future improvements (as soon as I make chat fully functional).
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Reminds me of this: http://www.showroom3.com/

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”