Site Revamp/Improvents - Feedback, Suggestions, Ideas, etc.

Post everything you want the webmasters to know to make the site better.
TW1ST3R
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff
Location: Pigfarts Intergalactic School of Witchcraft and Wizardry; Mars

Site Revamp/Improvents - Feedback, Suggestions, Ideas, etc.

Post by TW1ST3R »

Currently, we are planning on making some improvements to the site. Interface, layout and more are all under the microscope (so to speak), so if you have any ideas, feedback, comments, opinions or suggestions on:

• => possible new features
    => what could be improved
    => problems you are having with current site features
    => obsolete features
    => what you would like to see more of
    => or pretty much anything else that comes to mind

Please either send a Personal Message to myself (TW1ST3R), or post a comment below.
TW1ST3R
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Site Revamp/Improvents - Feedback, Suggestions, Ideas, e

Post by TW1ST3R »

A suggestion Veresis sent to me:
veresis wrote:Hi again,
I got something new, but I'm not sure if this would be any good. I thought about something like this: when a user visits other people showroom profiles it could be nice to be able to check faster if a specific upload/entry was already rated or/and commented. Small text or even single asterisk somewhere near the thumbnail image or the upload's title (while browsing Newest/Top list) . It would be more convenient this way, though I have no clue if that would be hard (or even possible) to implement. What do you think?

best regards
Veresis

ps. It'd be the best if you could see both "C" (when already commented) or "R" (rated), but if at least one could be done, it'd be enough I think
Its a very good idea, in my opinion
TW1ST3R
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TW1ST3R »

And another suggestion from the man himself:
veresis wrote:Okay, good to hear you like it. Btw, one more thing popped into my mind. At user's showroom profile there are three lists available to browse: Top and Newest Entries, and Favourites. I thought that I might be good if there was either:
- a filter option for 'Top Entries' list, to show the best rated designs from a specific period of time, ie. 6 last months (or 3, or 12)
- or an additional category like 'Recent Top Entries' / 'Top Newest Entries', something like that
Coz you know, these 'Top Entries' lists are usually very out-dated, and when user uploads something extremely good/awesome/etc there is basically no chance for that fresh design to beat those old (pretty much unattainable atm) ratings, and thus won't get far/high in the 'Top Entries' list. I hope you get what I'm trying say :D

cheers.
So basically that would be similar to the option in the Hall of Fame how you can choose how to view the entries
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Good to see people contributing ideas for one thing :) This would be a good thread for Bojan just to check from time to time, we can collate any feedback we get here.
TW1ST3R
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TW1ST3R »

That was exactly my idea, I'll move it to the public news section when we release ish 57
J-J Studios
Ricer
Ricer

Post by J-J Studios »

Especially veresis' second idea really sounds good to me. The ones in my top entries are by for not my favourite rides, but I guess you do have the 'Featured' feature (lol) for that.

I also have an idea I think i told TW1ST3R once but I'm not sure, neither do I know if it could be implemented or is it even desired, but I'd like a little more profile customization. All you can really decide on what your profile should look like are the garages, your avatar and, of course, your entries. Perhaps something like a background or the ability to move your profile components around (shoutbox, featured entry list/top entry list/new entry list, garages, personal info, etc.), in order to make your profile really personal. At the moment it's just a quick overview of what you've done, it doesn't really represent you as a tuner. :)

Glad this topic is around though, spamming the chatbox with ideas doesn't really work. :lol:
zip_mdd
Ricer
Ricer

Post by zip_mdd »

yea... nice ideas!!!

but first of all... fix the f*ing log out problem... I can't stay loget in... why? it's really anoying... sorry... that's one of the reason that are less comments in the showroom imo... :|
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Nothing has changed in that area in the last year or so... Are you logging in with your username/password or via google/yahoo?
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

@ Bojan,

I got the same problem wen i login with username/password
Almost every time I get automatically logout.

Also I don’t got chat anymore I get this code:

Error Details page

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0, Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1;. NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0;. NET CLR 3.5.30729;. NET CLR 3.0.30729;. NET4. 0C; BRI / 2)
Timestamp: Fri, September 9, 2011 11:06:29 UTC

Line: 58
Character: 3
Code: 0
URI: http://www.nfsunlimited.net/chat2/chat21.js

Maybe this is because I use windows internet explorer 8?
Because on my other pc I got internet explorer 9 and that works fine.
TW1ST3R
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TW1ST3R »

I've had Zip's problem a few times aswell, I think it only happened when I was in the forums though. It's probably a browser related issue, I've had to change mine numerous times recently between then and now for system and speed related issues so I'm not sure where the problem lies or if it is still present for me. I just upgraded to Firefox 6 so hopefully it should be fine for me. Maybe its an issue with the time out thing, maybe its lowered or something for some reason?

@honke, I'm guessing the chat problem is a browser related issue. Internet explorer isn't always the most stable web browser, you may want to try Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, etc. as an alternative for the mean time (since I don't know what the problem actually is) - they're all free :wink:
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I can only complain about the login problem, really. From time to time I am automatically logged out, no matter how many times I check the box "keep me logged in". It just happens. I've been using Firefox for the last 3/4 years, and I've always had this problem here. It is not something serious, but it is kinda annoying.

Other than that, I would like to see more improvements on the Wiki, even though Bojan as already made some nice improvements when I asked him about it. But I still think it is not as good as the rest of the site, and the latest update removed the editor, so you either know the Wiki markup or you have to look for it somewhere else.
veresis
Ricer
Ricer

Post by veresis »

Yep, those random log-outs are really annoying. You never know when it might happen... :f
I had them since I can remember, in both ffox and chrome (I always log-in with the standard forum/account and not google/yahoo).
Dunno if something was done in this matter, but at least it looks like the comments now manage to be sent and posted even if you get the logout sometime (in-between) after clicking the 'Post reply' - though it might have been just a coincidence only for me.
Anyway, maybe something needs to be adjusted in the browser privacy settings? Or maybe clearing one's cache would help? Really no idea, but the default settings seem to be working on all other sites :s

ps I'm glad that you liked some of those random ideas I had :)
Tazfrog
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Tazfrog »

Not sure if I am the only one this is happening to, but a search reveals nobody else mentioning these issues...

First, if I do a comparison between two drivers Agostini Ave & York Rd (first & last tracks alphabetically) are not present in the lists. They both appear under individual profile pages, but not in comparisons.

Second, when looking at my crew page, Hayasa, the crew leaderboard does not work, except on only a couple of tracks. It simply says "Loading..." and never changes.

Java and Flash were both updated in the past couple of days, so they are up to date. Using Firefox 10.0.2

Third issue is that the link provided for a direct link to a comparison results in a 404 Page not found error.
TW1ST3R
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TW1ST3R »

Firefox does occasionally have issues with loading certain features or pages of the site. I am also running Firefox 10; sometimes I have problems with commenting. Usually helps to clear the cache and browsing data then restart the browser.
Tazfrog
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Tazfrog »

Just tried using IE and same issues. Also cache and browsing data cleared in FF makes no difference.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I'll take a look at this asap - hopefully this weekend.
Tazfrog
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Tazfrog »

Thanks Bojan. I did forget to mention that these issues exist with the NFS World leaderboards

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”