Missing votes counting as a 10

Post everything you want the webmasters to know to make the site better.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Missing votes counting as a 10

Post by ^Sparco^ »

In the SRC.

*Sigh* I'm the unluckiest dude in the Earth: For an unknown reason my car is always the one with the most votes. Just now my Oriental challenge entry has been voted by near 30 users (Im not saying the exact number in order not to reveal my identity) while others are rated by only 16 guys. Those cars have 14 missing '10s'. A very big advantage for them I guess.

It happens to me in all the challenges Image. I am beginning to suspect... maybe others are "upvoting" by no-voting their friends cars. Certain dudes do whatever necessary thing to win unfairly. It's like they have no life and need to win the competition in order to give a meaning to their lifes Image

Whatever: Is it really necessary this rule?
If I were the showroom admin, I would do this:
The votes of the users are only counted if they rate all the cars in the challenge. Otherwise, those votes got deleted (no missing votes, just vote every car or don't vote any one). As I see it, this is a better way.
i.e. I assume that only about 16 users have voted all the Oriental challenge rides, so the votes of the other (15?) dudes should be removed.

The note below is unnecessary but certain dudes seem like they dont get it Image , so I post it before they flame at me:
Note: Im not pretending to be a mod/admin/creator/owner of nfsunlimited.net
Pinecone
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pinecone »

I disagree, I'd rather have no vote then getting a lower score on my cars. It might also encourage rushing through other cars in order to get to the car they want to upvote, lowering how much thought they put into when voting a car.
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

What if they just remove the "Entrant voting ladder" and the "Guest Ladder Winner".
They should keep the "User Ladder Winner". That's the best way of knowing which car is really the best. :)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

the no vote is 10 vote was pretty succesfull in SR1 challenges for NFSU.

but here people don't care to rate other cars... they only care about their own car and rating!

I did suggest a while back to make a new script that punishes people that don't vote.
something like this

if you don't vote on a car your own car will loose 0.1point in other words if you have a perfect car and did not vote 10 cars and your car originally has a 10 then in the final ranking you will have a 9!

and if people don't vote more then xxx cars they will be banned for the next competion, same as when you reveal your indentity etc.

think I have to talk about it with bojan again.. for the MW challenges.. and TC2

EDIT:

if people say that that is not fair, bacause you don't have time to vote all cars... well you got a week! and if you really don't have time to vote the cars. then you should NOT enter a challenge.. give your place up for someone who does have the time / wants to vote other peoples entries
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

Yeah, the system is doing it's job nicely. And as TheStig says, you have a whole week to vote on other cars, you only have 50 cars...

That may be a problem with 100 competing cars, but 50 cars can be done in a day or two.
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

Dragster wrote:Yeah, the system is doing it's job nicely. And as TheStig says, you have a whole week to vote on other cars, you only have 50 cars...

That may be a problem with 100 competing cars, but 50 cars can be done in a day or two.
I always vote for all the cars, 50 or 100. It only takes me about 30minutes :P
Janx14
Professional
Professional

Post by Janx14 »

yes, me too! well not with a modem :P
Professional
Professional

Post by 99k »

So is a 10 bad on the competitions?

Btw myu car hasnt shown up in the concept challenge. What was it my 2 or 3 pixels bigger.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

http://www.nfsunlimited.net/underground ... ankings/21
:roll: @ Versace (look the number guest votes)

Anyway back to the topic:

You haven't understood me. Let's watch closely the top 10 users ladder in Oriental Challenge:

1: Versace's Mazda RX-8 - 8.53 (32)
2: blair's Nissan 350Z - 8.27 (22)
3: RiSsA's Hyundai Tiburon GT - 7.89 (19)
4: FrogsterPL's Infiniti G35 - 7.85 (26)
5: Rigga's Nissan 350Z - 7.8 (20)
6: ^Sparco^'s Nissan 350Z - 7.74 (27)
7: alexander_isp's Acura RSX Type S - 7.57 (30)
8: NFast's Nissan 350Z - 7.57 (23)
9: CivicGTR's Mazda RX-7 - 7.46 (26)
10: Supra-man's Mazda RX-8 - 7.42 (19)

Forget about the 32 friendly votes of Versace, who likes to send the link to his car to his IM friends, and now look at the others.
OK, alexander_isp's car has been voted by 30 users, while Rissa's has been rated by only 19. Obviously she has got 11 missing 10s at least. Rigga has got 10 missing 10s, I have got 3 missing 10s.... IMO that's not fair. Alexander probably deserved to win.

Funny thing is: Many people don't rate ugly cars, so those got missing 10s... LOL!

TheStig's method sounds good 8)

And finally, yeah this is only a game but it pisses me off when I see an injustice!
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Uhm, nobody replies.....
This is my 1st double post.
  • Are you ignoring me?
  • Don't you care about the SRC?
  • You realized I am true and you were wrong, and have nothing to say?
I guess it's the last one Image
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

Yep, i think you shut them up.... :D
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

What should we reply? :roll:
^Sparco^ wrote:Funny thing is: Many people don't rate ugly cars, so those got missing 10s... LOL!
That's why you are here. If there is an ugly car, you take care of the little booboo, and give it a low vote. That's one of the way to persuade the entrants to vote on all cars, and hopefully, other entrants will follow. If people don't vote on the car, that's not our problem.
^Sparco^ wrote:Forget about the 32 friendly votes of Versace, who likes to send the link to his car to his IM friends...
That's his way for getting votes. Good or bad? I can't tell... So far, Versace is not included in any downvoting/upvoting.

I'm afraid that's out of my power to control, I'm not going to spam others to vote on cars that have the lowest number of votes. :roll:

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”